SD / onboard storage for Evo ????

timh83

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So, I just jumped ship a couple days ago from the Pre to the Evo. So far I'm liking it! Although, there's a couple things that I need help understanding. First of all, do my apps that I download get downloaded to the phone itself or my SD card? And do I get a choice as to where it downloads? Also, how much on-board memory does the Evo have? And lastly, what happens to my paid apps, if my device breaks or something, and I end up having to get a new device? With Palm, all your apps get backed-up to your Palm Profile that you must sign into when setting up the phone. Does Google/Android have some profile that regularly backs up my downloaded apps? or am I just out of luck and have to repurchase apps, if I get a new phone?
Thanks for any help here!

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
For the most part apps will install to the phone unless it is set up by the developer to install to the sd card, once installed you can go to settings>applications>manage applications

and up can select an app you want to move to the sd card, and if the app allows it (not all apps support being installed to sdcard) you can move it.

As far as on-board memory I'm not sure, i would guess ~400mb

And when u setup your phone you should have been asked to create or login with a gmail account. That is your "profile" and all your purchased apps are saved to that gmail account.