Nvidia Shield Streaming Issues

Acupuncture84

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got my shield in today but for the life of me I cannot get the streaming to work. The Shield connects just fine to the PC, and recognizes my shield and vice versa. When I go to load steam, my computer switches to Big Picture but my shield says it cannot load steam. Anyone else having issues? My PC is fully Shield compatible (Nvidia Titan x 2), and I have the newest steam client, drivers etc.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Gotta have the GeForce experience installed (version 1.6 our higher), as well as the latest beta drivers.

Do any games show up in SHIELD when you go into the app and connect to your PC?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RecklessBasterd

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I just created an account to respond to this thread, so hi :)

So my Shield arrived earlier this morning and I had the same problem as you. The thing that got mine working was the system update for shield. For some reason when I checked for an update the first time, I was told that my system was up-to-date. About 10 minutes later, it downloaded a 400mb update. Before I updated I couldn't do any streaming, now it works fine (except it's laggy for me due to the network adapter currently in my computer).

Matt-Helm

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I just created an account to respond to this thread, so hi :)

So my Shield arrived earlier this morning and I had the same problem as you. The thing that got mine working was the system update for shield. For some reason when I checked for an update the first time, I was told that my system was up-to-date. About 10 minutes later, it downloaded a 400mb update. Before I updated I couldn't do any streaming, now it works fine (except it's laggy for me due to the network adapter currently in my computer).

Can you post your kernel version and build number please?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just got my shield in today but for the life of me I cannot get the streaming to work. The Shield connects just fine to the PC, and recognizes my shield and vice versa. When I go to load steam, my computer switches to Big Picture but my shield says it cannot load steam. Anyone else having issues? My PC is fully Shield compatible (Nvidia Titan x 2), and I have the newest steam client, drivers etc.

Did you make sure that you're on the Steam beta channel? Go to Settings in Steam and do this:

To enable the Steam Beta Client, select "Change" under ?Beta Participation? and select
?Steam Beta Update? from the drop down menu. Steam will then restart and download the latest Beta
Client update.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You'll also need to make sure that you've launched the game at least prior to attempting to stream the game. This will ensure the game has received all patches, is current and up-to-date, and completes the full install process.

pqi8

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having an issue trying to stream games to my shield.

Comp specs should be fine

i7 3770k
GTX 680

Running GeForce Experience 1.6
Drivers are 326.41
Steam is in Beta Chanel and updated.
Shield has been updated to the new firmware.
I was able to connect the shield to my computer as I was able to accept the prompt dialog.
In my steam account I have Borderlands 2, Skyrim, CS:GO (all supported games)
Windows firewall is disabled.

However, when I try to launch Beta PC Games, I get the message of "No Supported PC games available"

Any ideas?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm also having an issue trying to stream games to my shield.

Comp specs should be fine

i7 3770k
GTX 680

Running GeForce Experience 1.6
Drivers are 326.41
Steam is in Beta Chanel and updated.
Shield has been updated to the new firmware.
I was able to connect the shield to my computer as I was able to accept the prompt dialog.
In my steam account I have Borderlands 2, Skyrim, CS:GO (all supported games)
Windows firewall is disabled.

However, when I try to launch Beta PC Games, I get the message of "No Supported PC games available"

Any ideas?

Have you already opened those titles in Steam on your computer at least once? Assuming that you've already rebooted both devices, try going into GeForce Experience, click on "Streaming" and then "reset". Go through the detection process again. Also, in GeForce Experience, it can display which supported games you have installed. If it isn't detecting them, make sure it's looking in the right place, and hit the refresh button. Please also make sure you've "optimized" them too. Not sure that'll make a difference, but it can't hurt. :)

PaulDE01

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I am getting a message "No gtx geforce PC available" after I select PC games. I have met all requirements....gtx 680, latest geforce driver, experience 1.6., added steam beta, etc. Router is from verizon fios . Can someone please assist? Very frustrated!

pqi8

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Have you already opened those titles in Steam on your computer at least once? Assuming that you've already rebooted both devices, try going into GeForce Experience, click on "Streaming" and then "reset". Go through the detection process again. Also, in GeForce Experience, it can display which supported games you have installed. If it isn't detecting them, make sure it's looking in the right place, and hit the refresh button. Please also make sure you've "optimized" them too. Not sure that'll make a difference, but it can't hurt.

So I've managed to fix my issue by uninstalling all GeForce drivers and reinstalling the beta ones. During the beta install, I also selected [Perform a clean installation]. Happily streaming to my shield now.

RzaDaRazor

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue but using a 670. I've tried turning off both my windows and router firewall, I've tried reinstalling all nvidia software on my pc. I'm connected to the same network, I have the latest version of everything installed, yada yada. My Shield will not connect to my pc "No available GeForce GTX PCs found"

Beyond frustrated

PaulDE01

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I called Verizon to send me an updated router (it was a wireless g router I believe). They sent me a dual band N router and my problem was solved.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue but using a 670. I've tried turning off both my windows and router firewall, I've tried reinstalling all nvidia software on my pc. I'm connected to the same network, I have the latest version of everything installed, yada yada. My Shield will not connect to my pc "No available GeForce GTX PCs found"

Beyond frustrated

Beta drivers? Did you go through the steps I listed earlier?

RzaDaRazor

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Beta drivers? Did you go through the steps I listed earlier?

I can't even get the Shield to connect to my pc. I never even get to the point where I could choose a Steam game so my issue is different that the OP. I have the beta drivers, every thing is updated. I've rebooted everything, reinstalled the beta drivers and the geforce experience software, set my router to default settings, turned off both firewalls. Everything "should" work but I get the error "No available GeForce GTX PCs found" immediately when I try to just select the PC Streaming on the shield. I went through all that with my router thinking that if it was a router issue, resetting to defaults with no security would fix it. My router is a Cisco E4200 Dual Band. It should work fine although it is not one of nvidia's "recommended" routers.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't even get the Shield to connect to my pc. I never even get to the point where I could choose a Steam game so my issue is different that the OP. I have the beta drivers, every thing is updated. I've rebooted everything, reinstalled the beta drivers and the geforce experience software, set my router to default settings, turned off both firewalls. Everything "should" work but I get the error "No available GeForce GTX PCs found" immediately when I try to just select the PC Streaming on the shield. I went through all that with my router thinking that if it was a router issue, resetting to defaults with no security would fix it. My router is a Cisco E4200 Dual Band. It should work fine although it is not one of nvidia's "recommended" routers.

When you're in GeForce Experience and you click on "My Rig" are both of those things "ready"? Click on "preferences" and make sure the box is checked. Hit "reset" and let it search and start all over. Let me know what happens.

PaulDE01

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Someone posted on Nvidia FB page that he disabled IGMP proxy from his router configuration (advanced setting). He had the same "No gtx geforce pcs available" also. This fixed it for him.

RzaDaRazor

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Kevin,
The streaming section in the Nvidia GeForce Experience software does say "Ready" and I saw in the troubleshooting steps something about hitting a reset option but under "preferences" in my Geforce Experience, I don't see any option to reset. I was never able to find that last night. I will look again today when I get home from work.

I'm starting to think it is a router issue and like the previous post stated, it could be just one option selected on my router which was why I was hoping resetting to defaults would fix it. I will try to get it sorted out this evening.

PS I really appreciate everyone's help. I can't wait to get this pc streaming working. It's why I bought the shield in the first place

Thank you!!!

RzaDaRazor

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
When you're in GeForce Experience and you click on "My Rig" are both of those things "ready"? Click on "preferences" and make sure the box is checked. Hit "reset" and let it search and start all over. Let me know what happens.

Kevin, can you take a screenshot or something of this "Reset" option under Preferences? I definitely do not have that option and I'm using version 1.6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non