Bluetooth issues on 8 and 8 Pro

HighwayBob

Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
I just traded in my 7 Pro for an 8 Pro as my daily driver and have a second phone on Fi and got a pretty sizeable discount for an upgrade so I grabbed a Pixel 8 there. I am having some Bluetooth problems and maybe someone can offer some suggestions before I go the painful route of going through Google support.

I have a Philips CPAP machine and I grab my daily stats through their Android app. The app connects to the device via Bluetooth.

First, on the 8 Pro, I am able to pair it with no problem but cannot connect to transfer data. I have tried forgetting the device and re-pairing with the same results. The data transfer times out with an app message indicating that it couldn't connect. I have used other Bluetooth devices with the 8 Pro and have no problem, including older Pixel Buds and wireless Android Auto via a Carsifi adapter which initiates the wireless connection with Bluetooth.

So I figured I'd give the 8 a try so at least I could transfer my data somehow. With the 8 I cannot even pair with the device - it doesn't show up on the available device list when I try to add a new device.

In both cases I also rebooted both phones with no change in behavior.

I remember I had some issues with my 7 Pro as well but they went away after a while, but I posted here and some offered a few suggestions - I don't have clear recollection but one of those suggestions may have done the trick.

In any event I'd love to at least be able to try something to see if this strange behavior can be corrected. Thanks in advance for any hints.

HighwayBob

Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
Is it possibly the app? If other devices are working without issue I'm leaning towards the app itself and not the phone.

It's the same app version that I was running on my 7 Pro.

I'm not even using the app on the 8 - I can't even pair with the device. The app doesn't enter into it.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
It's the same app version that I was running on my 7 Pro.

I'm not even using the app on the 8 - I can't even pair with the device. The app doesn't enter into it.
I would still lean towards the app needing an update to support the phone. I'm in the same boat with my drone app not working
connecting yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174