Galaxy A52 5G won't connect or charge from PC

skervy

Jun 28, 2023
Visit site
I got a used Galaxy A52 5G Spectrum phone and cannot for the life of me get it to connect to a PC. When I connect it to a PC it shows as charging and then instantly disconnects. It works fine on any chargers but the purpose of PC is to be able to easily transfer stuff to the computer.

Things I've tried
Dev mode to adjust USB settings
Several different cables from C connectors on both sides to regular USB to C
Several different computers including a brand new Dell at school with all the newest USB ports
Downloading a variety of drivers (this ended up making it show up in devices but still wouldnt charge or show up in driver)
Updates
Using various Samsung apps (Flow does work wireless but horrible for mass transferring unless I'm using it wrong)

Is this thing just broke somehow or some special trick or is it something on the Spectrum side or what the hell?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you connect the phone to the computer via USB, swipe down the notification panel -- is there a USB notification there?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Definitely make sure charger port is clean and Free from debris, I've had that happen with few Charging cable then a known good OEM one did it so make sure on that I can't stress that enough even though u tried a couple

skervy

Jun 28, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you connect the phone to the computer via USB, swipe down the notification panel -- is there a USB notification there?
It pops up but instantly disappears.

Welcome to AC!
Definitely make sure charger port is clean and Free from debris, I've had that happen with few Charging cable then a known good OEM one did it so make sure on that I can't stress that enough even though u tried a couple
Port is definitely clean and functional from what I can tell. I don't have the cable that comes with the phone. I did order a couple from Amazon that everyone said fixed their issues with PC connectivity. Also used my cousins OEM cord from a newer Galaxy 20 something. Still the same symptom with all of those.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It pops up but instantly disappears.

Port is definitely clean and functional from what I can tell. I don't have the cable that comes with the phone. I did order a couple from Amazon that everyone said fixed their issues with PC connectivity. Also used my cousins OEM cord from a newer Galaxy 20 something. Still the same symptom with all of those.
Ok we see if rhe Amazon Cable work , in device care or Samsung members app they have diagnostics section to test charger cable so maybe look into that

skervy

Jun 28, 2023
Visit site
Ok we see if rhe Amazon Cable work , in device care or Samsung members app they have diagnostics section to test charger cable so maybe look into that
This is what I get now plugging it in. After a minute or so it drops connection and disappears from devices. I'm really leaning more towards a software or hardware setting issue given it shows up.

bas p level 5.jpg

skervy

Jun 28, 2023
Visit site
Yeah thats for the computer side, try device care or Samsung members app on your phone
I did not see anything in the device care for cable. I got the members app and it tested "normal"

Correction, the charge one tests normal (although its not charging). The USB test fails.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29