OP2 vs Nexus 6

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
My previous phone was the N6. And I loved it but hated the size. I really wanted a phone between 5.2 and 5.5. The OP2 feels small for a 5.5 display. (granted I have big hands) but here are some of the main differences.

1. Lag
The N6 was very good at not lagging or stuttering very often. The OP2 has no lag at all, BUT... I do see when playing graphic intense games, it looks slightly jittery. Nothing too crazy. But annoying. I'm sure it's from the 810 being clocked down to help prevent overheating issues.

2. Heat
I can't tell the difference if one gets hotter than the other.

3. Screen
Both have amazing screens. And too be honest. I prefer a 1080 screen so the GPU doesn't have to push so many intense pixels. So I keep more memory for actual day to day use.

4. AUX sound
We all know the N6 external speakers can get very loud. And the OP2 speakers are weak. But the OP2 AUX sound is incredible. (based on headphones of course) but when comparing the OP2 sounded better with the same headphones (skull candy) plus the audio tweaks you get are a nice touch.

5. Camera
I was so excited for the OP2 camera. But I must say.... I'm disappointed. The camera app launches quick, but it's too easy to get blurry photos. The N6 camera was better at quick photos and not being blurry. (still not perfect either) but that phone is a year old now and I feel took better photos than the OP2. I do enjoy the OP2 video though. I like the slow MO and time lapse. It performs well overall. I'm really looking forward to an update for the camera.

6. Being a phone
Call quality is great. Phone on the ear feels better than the N6. But I (feel) like the OP2 has a weaker signal. When at my friends (dead zone) I was on emergency calls only. But the N6 with the same size will get around one bar and edge.

(edit) I realized on t-mobile, my apn was set to a standard metro PCS, I switched to fast t-mobile Lte. So the signal could improve. Will update later.

But the OP2 performs much better when texting. N6 would get bogged down when texting multiple people at once and the OP2 is smooth and fast. Loving the SwiftKey keyboard.

Those are some of my big comparisons. I hope this helps what people think. I know there is no such thing as a perfect phone, but as of now... I really into this phone and can live with the problems. It's a great overall phone and plan on keeping it. I am interested in seeing what oneplus does with oxygen OS and future updates. It can only get better.

Last edited:

charleski

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Blurry photos are usually caused by the camera app trying to use too slow a shutter speed. Even with OIS a slow shutter speed will lead to blur. If you're taking pictures in low light and don't want to use a flash then set the camera to manual mode and crank the ISO up to 1600 or 3200. You want the shutter speed to be 1/30 or less. The downside of using a high ISO is that your pictures will be noisy, but more noise is better than a blurry mess. Even if you do use the flash, remember that it's only powerful enough for subjects that are quite close - don't bother with it if you're taking a picture of something more than a few meters away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87