Video camera - is it as bad as it seems?

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I posted here a week or so again that the OP3t is possibly the best phone I've used this year including most flagships.

Well this weekend was my first experience trying to film my daughter figure skating. Wow, the video camera just would not stay focused on her or anything else for that matter. I was using it in 1080P mode and also tried 1080P with 60 FPS. Both terrible results. Am I missing something?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I posted here a week or so again that the OP3t is possibly the best phone I've used this year including most flagships.

Well this weekend was my first experience trying to film my daughter figure skating. Wow, the video camera just would not stay focused on her or anything else for that matter. I was using it in 1080P mode and also tried 1080P with 60 FPS. Both terrible results. Am I missing something?
Could have been the lighting, always happens when you first use video. Does it have auto stabalizing?

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
It has OIS if that's what you mean, and the video footage wasn't shaky, but it wouldn't focus on my daughter despite my selecting her as the subject of the focus.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
It has OIS if that's what you mean, and the video footage wasn't shaky, but it wouldn't focus on my daughter despite my selecting her as the subject of the focus.

Definitely the lighting. The bright white of the ice tends to throw the focus off. I had issues taking videos in the snow.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I've had no focus issues shooting video of basketball practice. But that may not be the same challenge as you faced in your scenario.