Custom Firmware for OP5

Woody1995

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone run any custom firmware on the OP5 be it a Custom Recovery or a custom OS. Would just like to know how easy it is to run and how smooth it's capable at doing so!

Ahmedthegeek

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Op5's Normal os is ok .I dont think the custom would run as great as oxygen os.Moreover the oxygen os is a custom version of lineage os.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Op5's Normal os is ok .I dont think the custom would run as great as oxygen os.Moreover the oxygen os is a custom version of lineage os.

Please stop distributing false information, as I said in a previous thread OxygenOS has nothing to do with Lineage.

OP, can't help you personally as I've left my 5 stock (think it's the first android phone i haven't unlocked...) But I can tell you that you're best going to XDA and the official Oneplus forum where they have specific unlock/recovery/ROM/root forums.

I can tell you from experience that Oneplus phones are some of the easiest and best to mod, and if there aren't already there will soon be too many good Kennels and ROMs to choose from. They release their kernel source and device trees pretty freely, one of the reasons i like em, I'll always be a tinkerer at heart ;)

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I would leave custom ROMs for later, when the phone stops getting updates for instance. Right now I think OOS is a pretty decent OS, very customizable.

Woody1995

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Thanks guys! I previously modified an android tablet, just wanted to find out how many have began running new software on their OP5!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781