OP5 On Oreo crashes car nav

J R Mtz

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2015 BMW X3 which has their iDrive system. BT had always worked fine with the occasional stutter on music here and there. Had my OP5 with stock firmware (no custom), and updating whenever updates got through OTA. Oreo finally got pushed yesterday, and I upgraded.

Noticed immediately that the devices wouldn't auto-connect whenever I turned the car on, but I figure i'd just re-pair and clear it up that way. Well, now, any time I pair them up, iDrive crashes and reboots after about 3-4 minutes.

Have tried multiple re-pairings, changings codecs, in dev options (have not tried AVRCP since I don't know which one iDrive has), and wiping the system cache to no avail.

I could imagine having issues with the devices not connecting, music not playing, etc. But to crash the nav system must take some serious level of f*ck-uppery on either OP or Google's end.

Anyone else see anything like this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try one more thing. Remove the phone from iDrive. Remove the car from the phone. Start the pairing from scratch. (I had to do that going from KitKat to Lollypop.)

If it still crashes, see if your BMW dealer's service department has any firmware updates for iDrive. BT is still being changed constantly, and sometimes a little change in the phone can stop it from working with an audio system it's been working fine with.

gorby65

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
it's the update. As I use Google music to stream to my car and don't listen to the radio, it drove me nuts. I've gone back to a Samsung Note 4. I know this is not as quick and the cameras not as good, at least it works.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana