Credit card fraud?

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Have you ever had your card info stolen? Not so hilarious.

Sure, OP may not be the ones directly responsible...just about every company who takes card payments does so using using a third party...but this is still on OP's turf, so it could be a big problem for them.

My company went through something like this a while back. It's a nightmare!

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you ever had your card info stolen? Not so hilarious.

Sure, OP may not be the ones directly responsible...just about every company who takes card payments does so using using a third party...but this is still on OP's turf, so it could be a big problem for them.

My company went through something like this a while back. It's a nightmare!
Yes, it is OP's responsibility to get this sorted out. I am sure they know what contractor is responsible and have an idea where the hack occurred if indeed it is a case of stolen cards. It could be an inside job. At least OP did not try to cover it up. Not that it makes it any easier for those who are affected.

Hopefully those affected do get their credit fixed and that OP steps up to offer assistance finally let's hope those responsible face quick justice.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Yea I'm sure they are getting very close with their payment processor right now, since they're now in it together.

Sadly, it's pretty unlikely the culprit will be identified, unless law enforcement gets involved. All OP and their processor will care about now is fixing whatever vulnerability allowed this to happen. The purp is probably a guy in his mom's basement in Lithuania!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I too have heard that anyone using PayPal was not affected. I'm feeling bad for OnePlus - they've had some bad press of late. Good phones though. So hopefully this gets sorted quickly!

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
Yep I did. If you used a credit card, you might as well cancel it now. ******* OnePlus. I am done with them.

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
It's ok, Chase caught it quick and the card is cancelled and they are mailing me a new one. Pretty much hassle free really.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's another story in the tech pubs - that some Chinese phones come preloaded with spyware that sends your data back to the manufacturer, so they can sell it. It's why they can sell phones for so little money - they're not selling phones, they're deploying viruses. I'm not saying that this is what OnePlus is doing, but there's a lot of questionable activity coming out of Shenzhen recently (which just happens to be where OnePlus is located).

Bollycats

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
I just got a text and phone call from Chase. Someone tried to charge over $300. They declined the charge and the account is now closed. Ordered my 5T last week and still waiting on it to be delivered. The delivery was delayed for 3 days and now I'm worried about the phone's performance since it's been sitting around in below freezing temperatures. Maybe I should just give it up and send it back. I'm tired already.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Luckily I always use PayPal when it's available, for this exact reason.

This one isn't really their fault, but there's been a lot of crap around Oneplus recently... It's making me seriously consider whether to buy from them again...

I really like their phones though...

this is hilarious!

Well, hopefully someone will steal your info soon. I'd hate for you to not be entertained.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Luckily I always use PayPal when it's available, for this exact reason.

This one isn't really their fault, but there's been a lot of crap around Oneplus recently... It's making me seriously consider whether to buy from them again...

I really like their phones though...

Well, hopefully someone will steal your info soon. I'd hate for you to not be entertained.
I agree. Good product, but it's hard to want to support a company with so much garbage swirling around them. That's why I avoid Uber.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by garbage. Can you elucidate further?
Sexist marketing campaigns in their early days. Caught manipulating benchmark results to improve the perceived performance of products. More recently collecting customer data from devices multiple times.

None of those are terribly unique or damming on their own, but all pretty public for those of us who follow the industry during the company's short history.

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sexist marketing campaigns in their early days. Caught manipulating benchmark results to improve the perceived performance of products. More recently collecting customer data from devices multiple times.

None of those are terribly unique or damming on their own, but all pretty public for those of us who follow the industry during the company's short history.
Most advertising falls into the former. Benchmark manipulation is nothing new. And the collecting of info also nothing new. At least OndPlus has admitted these issues and has responded to them in a positive manner. Not trying to be an apologist for them. But they seem to admit mistakes and are willing to listen and respond.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Most advertising falls into the former. Benchmark manipulation is nothing new. And the collecting of info also nothing new. At least OndPlus has admitted these issues and has responded to them in a positive manner. Not trying to be an apologist for them. But they seem to admit mistakes and are willing to listen and respond.
True

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana