I think that OnePlus bribed all the blogs for positive reviews of a bad phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: The OnePlus 5 Review Thread

I am not spy or CIA I don't investigate. But I can tell you that about those youtubers and online review websites, they all need to eat and most of them like money. When I read their reviews I don't see any integrity at all. Almost all of them are just salesman it is very easy to tell.

There are lot of good reviewers and bad, but very few who review based on the money they receive from companies. Huge distinction to make.

If this is your opinion, thats OK, but telling every youtuber who review products are paid by those companies (in other words, bribed) is harsh and none of your business really as you don't have the necessity to review or create content like they do.

I hope fellow youtubers don't get offended by the ridiculous statement/claim made by the previous user.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

How do you prove that none of the people you talked about not had corruption?

For giant phone company did this:
https://www.theverge.com/2013/10/24/5023658/samsung-fined-340000-for-posting-negative-htc-reviews
and this
https://www.cultofmac.com/251141/sa...dents-to-write-bad-reviews-about-htc-devices/
I don't see why you would believe they wouldn't buy big review website, youtuber, magazine...etc.
It is actually very easy to tell if a youtuber has been bought. Anyone can watch it and easily tell the different.
I am not a spy, I cannot just check how their under table deal is made. But don't tell me they give like tons of phones to MKBHD and MKBHD makes good money out of the video and you don't call it a deal.

Very few people attempt to prove a negative and we also don't throw out accusations of corruption without a single shred of evidence that would even suggest it exists. The articles you linked (same story, two articles) is about Samsung and consumers, not Samsung and professional reviewers. The idea of professional reviewers is that they are experts at their job, analyzing devices and reporting their opinions, and that they are professionals.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I am not spy or CIA I don't investigate. But I can tell you that about those youtubers and online review websites, they all need to eat and most of them like money. When I read their reviews I don't see any integrity at all. Almost all of them are just salesman it is very easy to tell.
Do you have any other examples besides MKBHD and a OnePlus contest?

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

There are lot of good reviewers and bad, but very few who review based on the money they receive from companies. Huge distinction to make.

If this is your opinion, thats OK, but telling every youtuber who review products are paid by those companies (in other words, bribed) is harsh and none of your business really as you don't have the necessity to review or create content like they do.

I hope fellow youtubers don't get offended by the ridiculous statement/claim made by the previous user.
There is no way to prove your point or my point is correct since we cannot know the deal under the table. I can just show you the 2 links above that samsung tried very hard to buy comments and reviews.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

Very few people attempt to prove a negative and we also don't throw out accusations of corruption without a single shred of evidence that would even suggest it exists. The articles you linked (same story, two articles) is about Samsung and consumers, not Samsung and professional reviewers. The idea of professional reviewers is that they are experts at their job, analyzing devices and reporting their opinions, and that they are professionals.
About samsung those are two different stories, one is forum comment and another one is blogger review

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

There is no way to prove your point or my point is correct since we cannot know the deal under the table. I can just show you the 2 links above that samsung tried very hard to buy comments and reviews.

But you can't leave the context out; it was a social media comment campaign, over 3 years ago and they got crucified for it. HTC did the same thing recently. That is in no way the same thing as bribing professional reviewers for a good review.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

2 samung links tell you they can buy any comment or review online as long as the other side agree.

2 about the same event (so 1 event), 3 years ago, with non-professional consumers. It's not the same thing at all.

But here's the other thing. Even if you are going to assert that because 1 OEM was willing to do something you consider shady one time, that does not indicate that all OEM's are willing to do the same and furthermore, it does not indicate that any or all professional reviewers are willing to drop their ethics and accept a corrupt scenario. Most of the reviewers I know would publicly put the OEM on blast for the corrupt offer and publish it.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

2 about the same event (so 1 event), 3 years ago, with non-professional consumers. It's not the same thing at all.

But here's the other thing. Even if you are going to assert that because 1 OEM was willing to do something you consider shady one time, that does not indicate that all OEM's are willing to do the same and furthermore, it does not indicate that any or all professional reviewers are willing to drop their ethics and accept a corrupt scenario. Most of the reviewers I know would publicly put the OEM on blast for the corrupt offer and publish it.

Here is another one
https://www.cultofandroid.com/37864/samsung/

OEM is the company doing the manufacturing work, not the brand.

I can show you one of the biggest samsung can do that, in 2 different cases. Then why other cannot? There is no way to prove the other don't or do. But watch how almost all early receive OP5 youtubers praise for OP5, comparing to OP forum complain like:
https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/big-camera-fail.555198/page-3
and tons of other complains and disappointments in official OP forum
I believe almost all those youtubers received something to do the promotion work, you don't need to believe and don't ask me why I am not CIA and find out all those under the table deal.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I believe almost all those youtubers received something to do the promotion work, you don't need to believe and don't ask me why I am not CIA and find out all those under the table deal.

None of them are promoting it though... a review is not a promotion. So, that statement is delusional. You're right that we don't have to believe the delusion - because it's simply untrue and very easy to establish why there is no logical or evident reason to think it might be true. What does the CIA have to do with anything?

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

None of them are promoting it though... a review is not a promotion. So, that statement is delusional. You're right that we don't have to believe the delusion - because it's simply untrue and very easy to establish why there is no logical or evident reason to think it might be true. What does the CIA have to do with anything?

LOL XD youtubers are not promotion...yeah they really just tell you what they think and they just like review phones, it is not a business at all and they goals are not trying to make money lol xd

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

You just need to accept thing like below always happens in the world:
https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/12/warner-bros-ftc-settlement-paid-game-reviews/
youtuber needs to eat and be greedy too.

and you know what?
http://screenrant.com/warner-bros-paid-pewdiepie-positive-youtube-reviews/
Even as famous as PewDiePie got paid, why you believe much less famous youtubers did early review of OP5 don't? You have crystal ball or what? You believe PewDiePie is greedy but OP5 early access and review youtubers don't?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

You just need to accept thing like below always happens in the world:
https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/12/warner-bros-ftc-settlement-paid-game-reviews/
youtuber needs to eat and be greedy too.

and you know what?
Warner Bros. Paid PewDiePie & Other YouTubers For Positive Reviews
Even as famous as PewDiePie got paid, why you believe much less famous youtubers did early review of OP5 don't? You have crystal ball or what? You believe PewDiePie is greedy but OP5 early access and review youtubers don't?

Sponsored content, when clearly labeled as sponsored content, is not a review and is not corrupt. You still haven't shown one credible example of a single professional tech reviewer providing positive reviews in exchange for goods or services. Because that is simply not how this industry works. It's 1) Illegal 2) is Unethical and 3) Would cause them to lose virtually all of their viewers/readers. You're painting the goods guys as bad guys without any cause to do so. It is amazingly offensive to the credible reviewers, such as those that work for this site and a handful of other sites and it's dishonest to do so.
and

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

Sponsored content, when clearly labeled as sponsored content, is not a review and is not corrupt. You still haven't shown one credible example of a single professional tech reviewer providing positive reviews in exchange for goods or services. Because that is simply not how this industry works. It's 1) Illegal 2) is Unethical and 3) Would cause them to lose virtually all of their viewers/readers. You're painting the goods guys as bad guys without any cause to do so. It is amazingly offensive to the credible reviewers, such as those that work for this site and a handful of other sites and it's dishonest to do so.
and
How many did I tell you giving tons of 3t to a famous tech review youtuber is a direct deal? That youtuber uses tons of 3t to make money from the video. Early access is anorher way to make good money. Welcome to find one made very bad comment about 3t and still get early access to op5. He was invite to op5 opening, you sure he didnt get paid for that? May be at least first class flight? Does it sound professional to you a reviewer has review of a phone but also give away and joining the launch event? No. Always show you big movie maker bought yourube review including the most famous one, i show you two most famous youtuber received money to do good review stuff for the company! Op5 is so bad that even he needed to say a lot about it is bad but not that bad kind of comment because he is famous and cannot just say it is like the best phone without sounding little bit objective.

You are just too ideal about the world. All are just business. I had worked for famous brands and they just buy rewards from famous magazines, buy online comments etc. I have no idea why you think reviewers really make majority money from adv clicking.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

How many did I tell you giving tons of 3t to a famous tech review youtuber is a direct deal? That youtuber uses tons of 3t to make money from the video. Early access is anorher way to make good money. Welcome to find one made very bad comment about 3t and still get early access to op5. He was invite to op5 opening, you sure he didnt get paid for that? May be at least first class flight? Does it sound professional to you a reviewer has review of a phone but also give away and joining the launch event? No. Always show you big movie maker bought yourube review including the most famous one, i show you two most famous youtuber received money to do good review stuff for the company! Op5 is so bad that even he needed to say a lot about it is bad but not that bad kind of comment because he is famous and cannot just say it is like the best phone without sounding little bit objective.

You are just too ideal about the world. All are just business. I had worked for famous brands and they just buy rewards from famous magazines, buy online comments etc. I have no idea why you think reviewers really make majority money from adv clicking.
Nah, I just know a little more about how it all works. You should speak with the blog team about it and ask for how things typically are arranged.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

Nah, I just know a little more about how it all works. You should speak with the blog team about it and ask for how things typically are arranged.
And you need to think about how op do business. Benchmark cheat again and again. Lie about camera zoom. Said a lot of promises about older op phones didnt do most of those. Charge much higher price in europe and officially said the reason is currency exchange rate issue. Tell everyone camera is the best but cut ois. Claiming dual camera but second camera is like a dummy almost never used. Just clone the look of iphone.

Then you think about how would this kind of company does marketing.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

And you need to think about how op do business. Benchmark cheat again and again. Lie about camera zoom. Said a lot of promises about older op phones didnt do most of those. Charge much higher price in europe and officially said the reason is currency exchange rate issue. Tell everyone camera is the best but cut ois. Claiming dual camera but second camera is like a dummy almost never used. Just clone the look of iphone.

Then you think about how would this kind of company does marketing.
As I said, even if they wanted to bribe reviewers, it's impossible to make the leap in logic to suggest any of them would risk their entire business, let alone all of them, to entertain that prospect from such a small and mostly irrelevant company.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

As I said, even if they wanted to bribe reviewers, it's impossible to make the leap in logic to suggest any of them would risk their entire business, let alone all of them, to entertain that prospect from such a small and mostly irrelevant company.
I dont see there is any impact. Give out tones of 3t, went to launch no impact at all. Another one directly received money fron from Brothers no impact at all both are still very top youtubers. Just like hollywood stars, it is not about honest, it is just about being famous then keep the snowball roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.