Will you be getting the OnePlus 6?

WinU

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
been checking them out, but still think I'd lean towards the Sony Xz2 over the One Plus 6. On ebay, the Xz2 is not a lot more and definitely has more options etc. But hell, I can't decide between like 5 phones ha

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
been checking them out, but still think I'd lean towards the Sony Xz2 over the One Plus 6. On ebay, the Xz2 is not a lot more and definitely has more options etc. But hell, I can't decide between like 5 phones ha

Haha. Been in that bot for awhile. I’ve been trying to decide between the V30, OP6, Sony, used Pixel 2, or stay with my iPhone. The struggle is real.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered mine. Coming from a GS9+ on T-Mobile. The lack of updates and battery life were enough for me to leave. I think this will be the beginning of the "No more carrier phone life" for me.

First One Plus phone. I am super excited. Now I wait. Lol.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
That is definitely a great smell! Let us know how you like it when it arrives - maybe even post some unboxing photos if you are able!! ??????

There are lots of unboxing videos / photos that are better than I could do. It arrived not long after my last post and I can say the packaging is impressive. Setting up the phone was a bit more problematic than other phones I've owned, but it's all good to go and and ready for evaluation.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
There are lots of unboxing videos / photos that are better than I could do. It arrived not long after my last post and I can say the packaging is impressive. Setting up the phone was a bit more problematic than other phones I've owned, but it's all good to go and and ready for evaluation.

You are right! I'm just a sucker for photos of phones - especially shiny new ones! Glad you got everything set up the way you like it and are ready to test it out!

WinU

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
yeah I have been looking at the LG V35 Thinq, Sony Xz2, Pixel 2 XL, S9+, HTC U12, OP6, p20 pro and I'd love to see the Nokia 9 come out. If it has the specs it's supposed to I'd be intrigued. Always have liked nokia and carl zeiss lens. the S9 is really towards the bottom of my list, but it is a good phone, just lots of bloatware. Struggles ha

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
yeah I have been looking at the LG V35 Thinq, Sony Xz2, Pixel 2 XL, S9+, HTC U12, OP6, p20 pro and I'd love to see the Nokia 9 come out. If it has the specs it's supposed to I'd be intrigued. Always have liked nokia and carl zeiss lens. the S9 is really towards the bottom of my list, but it is a good phone, just lots of bloatware. Struggles ha

I definitely understand your thinking on that one - Nokia phones are a must-see item, for sure!

Mtn_Scott

Remain Calm!
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Red 128 coming from an OG Pixel On FI. Making the move to T-Mobile this weekend. Very happy over three days. do miss the Android P developer preview.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I want the 256gb but do not like the matt black, feels like all the downsides of glass and none of the benefits, I don't get why they are not offering 256 in the other colours?

I rarely use a case so the colour is important imo.

itsMohsinK

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Using Galaxy Note 8 for 6 months now I am tired of it I wanna switch thinking to go for OP 6 now but I am not sure few things are still not changed like LED Light Notifications are still very slow, Vibration motor with weird sounds and the most important camera!

ExpatTR

Jul 24, 2018
Visit site
I'm thinking of upgrading my S6 to the OP6 or probably the 6T. The problem is that my S6 is still a great phone, I've not experienced any lags or problems since I first got it 3 years ago, and that's without ever resetting it. I'm not even convinced "upgrading" is the right term, as it's actually got a better screen. But, as everyone knows, battery life and the limitation of 32gb of storage are not its strongest points, and as I no longer carry around a DSLR to take photos of my kids I need more of both as the phone has taken over photo duties. As much as I regret it, it's time to move on. The thing is, I live in Turkey and OnePlus have no official presence here. A 128gb OP6 actually costs more than a Galaxy S9+ 64gb, when factoring in Samsung's trade-in, and only a fraction less when not. I don't like the S9/+ though, I really can't get past that infinity screen and the potential for it to break (I've dropped by S6, safely ensconced in a Spigen Neo Hybrid, many times, but it's still in perfect condition) if it hits something edge-on. I much prefer flat, or as close as possible to flat, screens with a bit of a border. I'm also a little fed-up with Samsung's skin and its millions of ways to do stuff I really won't ever do. Yes, I can ignore it, but I keep phones for a long time...my previous phone to the S6 was a Note 1, and I think I'd like a cleaner build based on longevity and simplicity. So, the question will have to be do I accept the stuff I don't like about the S9/+ and get one now or pay a similar amount and get the OP6T (I'll be buying closer to xmas as I'd need to order for when I'm next in the UK, and I assume the T variant will be out by then) and hope that the T is sufficiently improved in the areas it's currently lacking in, which don't appear to be many, and accept the lack of official support in Turkey. Any thoughts?

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up a OP6 Avengers Edition on Swappa last night. I did not research the band compatibility in the US before (my bad) I bought it. I will be using it on T-MOBILE and the device doesn't support band 71. Do you guys think that will hurt the performance of the phone in the next year or so.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a OP6 Avengers Edition on Swappa last night. I did not research the band compatibility in the US before (my bad) I bought it. I will be using it on T-MOBILE and the device doesn't support band 71. Do you guys think that will hurt the performance of the phone in the next year or so.

Oh no! Your best bet is to contact your carrier to see if it would impact anything like signal, call quality, etc.

anon(391898)

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Band 71 is a relatively new band for T-Mobile primarily located in more rural communities. If you live in a "big city" it is doubtful that not having Band 71 will be a detriment. But if you live in a rural area or travel lots you could have spots where you'll have no coverage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38