Will you be getting the OnePlus 6?

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Band 71 is a relatively new band for T-Mobile primarily located in more rural communities. If you live in a "big city" it is doubtful that not having Band 71 will be a detriment. But if you live in a rural area or travel lots you could have spots where you'll have no coverage.

Thanks for the response. I live in the Atlanta area, and T-Mo's service is pretty good here. So I will not worry about it.

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I want the 256gb but do not like the matt black, feels like all the downsides of glass and none of the benefits, I don't get why they are not offering 256 in the other colours?

I rarely use a case so the colour is important imo.
Color is important? Come on now.

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Already bought the 6T, I haven't had a Android based phone for a while since the Nexus 5. I wanted to switch back to Andriod, All I can say is that this phone has exceeded my expectations. Ps. I came from a IPhone 7 plus.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought the 6T from TMobile on Sunday. It's freaking awesome. I traded in my LG G6 for the $300 credit. I kinda miss the wide angle camera on the G6, but haven't really played with the camera on the 6T yet so I might like it more.

The battery is amazing compared to the G6, and I love the gestures in Pie. Its kinda sad, though, that it took nearly 10 years for Android and iOS to finally get gestures to the same quality that Palm had with the Pre in 2009. :)

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Still no AOD though and of course no wireless charging. These are 2 features that I have got used to having.

I'd actually prefer the 6 to the 6t. The 6t has no notification led so coupled with no AOD that is double whammy, plus having used the in screen FPS on the Mate 20 (before I returned it) I think the tech is not quite ready for prime time, close but not quite there and for example it would not work with my banking app.

qtrxist

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I got the 6T direct from oneplus. I had to give up my Note 9 and XS for it.

Dual sim is where its at. I had been carrying 2 phones for a few years that every year I pray for Verizon that they let in *any* phone just to give me that extra sim slot.

I had been using it for over a week now and i dont miss any of the 'flagship' features. Wireless charging, not needed anymore since this thing charge so fast!

I dont know why AOD never worked for me, maybe because if Im not using my phone it goes back to my pocket.

If there is anything, I would say Samsung pay. I feel bad for the XS, not missing anything on that one.

I just find the 6Ts screen to be somewhat pocket lint magnet. Odd, but consistent, lol.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I actually took a punt on the OP6 on Black Friday, was a good discount on the 256gb version.

I am torn tbh, the speed and Oxygen OS are terrific (apart from no AOD!!) but I cannot get away from it feeling like a budget phone in the hand, not a fan of the matt black finish which IMO feels a little cheap and is slippery too, I wanted the 256gb so that was the only choice. I am not a case person.

Have to remember of course that the OP is still a budget phone price wise so I guess you have to expect it, it is probably a personal thing too as a lot of people seem to love the midnight black finish. I also have a Note 9 and as you'd expect the Note feels nicer in the hand and is not much slower. Now if only you could put oxygen OS in a Note body.....

fedxup

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Almost ready to pull the trigger on the 6t. A few questions. Do I go for the protection plan? I'm not one to break a screen or drop it in water so might not be worth it, but wasn't sure how much OP charged for these fixes.

6 or 8 for the RAM? I'm coming from a mid range Z Play so anything is going to fast, but is the 8 worth the extra $30?

Thanks!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Almost ready to pull the trigger on the 6t. A few questions. Do I go for the protection plan? I'm not one to break a screen or drop it in water so might not be worth it, but wasn't sure how much OP charged for these fixes.

6 or 8 for the RAM? I'm coming from a mid range Z Play so anything is going to fast, but is the 8 worth the extra $30?

Thanks!
I went with a protection because my luck had it that I'll end up losing it somewhere and I really don't wanna have to buy a whole new one.

fedxup

May 22, 2014
Visit site
After a few weeks of deciding, I just placed my order for the 6t! I was hoping to hold out to see what the 7 was going to be like, but the battery on my Z Play was giving me fits so I couldn't wait.
Can't wait!

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
After a few weeks of deciding, I just placed my order for the 6t! I was hoping to hold out to see what the 7 was going to be like, but the battery on my Z Play was giving me fits so I couldn't wait.
Can't wait!

Not sure how the the 6T compares to the Z Play, but compared to the LG G6, G7 and the Moto X Pure Edition, it's freaking fantastic!

I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe