OnePlus 6/6T Open Beta 10/2

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hot on the heels of last Thursday's initial Open Beta 1 launch there is now the Open Beta 2 roll out to test a whole host of new features and fixes that may or may not, come to future firmware updates

Also available for the OnePlus 6 model as Open Beta 10.

If you are already on Open Beta 1, you will receive this as an OTA update.

Downloading and installing now. Will post more details as they become available.

I can tell you that there are System, Phone, Gallery and Launcher improvements. See screenshots.

rlHUqYvh.jpg

FZozRbjh.jpg

WARNING! Open Beta releases are for competent and experienced users since they may not always be stable and are for the purposes of testing and reporting to OnePlus to help them develop future stock firmware. Once on the Open Beta pathway you will need to completely wipe your phone before attempting to return to stock firmware.

If you have the McLaren OnePlus 6T you will lose the McLaren bootanimation by flashing this.

(N.B. Open Beta is not available for the non stock, T-Mobile carrier minority variant)

Source 6T Source 6

Last edited:

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: OnePlus 6T Open Beta 2 OTA

Hot on the heels of last Thursday's initial Open Beta 1 launch there is now the Open Beta 2 roll out to test a whole host of new features and fixes that may or may not, come to future firmware updates

If you are already on Open Beta 1, you will receive this as an OTA update.

Downloading and installing now. Will post more details as they become available.

I can tell you that there are System, Phone, Gallery and Launcher improvements. See screenshots.

https://i.imgur.com/rlHUqYvh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FZozRbjh.jpg

WARNING! Open Beta releases are for competent and experienced users since they may not always be stable and are for the purposes of testing and reporting to OnePlus to help them develop future stock firmware. Once on the Open Beta pathway you will need to completely wipe your phone before attempting to return to stock firmware.

If you have the McLaren OnePlus 6T you will lose the McLaren bootanimation, McLaren ringtones, McLaren wallpaper, etc; by flashing this.

(N.B. Open Beta is not available for the non stock, T-Mobile carrier minority variant)

Can you upload the zip file for this open beta? I was one of the people who updated to 9.0.10 and lost Verizon connection. Had to install open beta 1 to get connection back. I think either you or someone posted I can't go back to an official oos once I'm on beta so I'm replying on the community to upload the latest betas so I'm up to date. I didn't sign up for the beta program.

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: OnePlus 6T Open Beta 2 OTA

Can you upload the zip file for this open beta? I was one of the people who updated to 9.0.10 and lost Verizon connection. Had to install open beta 1 to get connection back. I think either you or someone posted I can't go back to an official oos once I'm on beta so I'm replying on the community to upload the latest betas so I'm up to date. I didn't sign up for the beta program.

Never mind. I thought I had to be signed up for the beta to receive the ota. Did a manual check and it was there. Guess I won't get emails that there is a new beta that's all.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't have the ota and I'm on beta 1. Where can I find the zip file?

How odd! I am afraid that it has not been uploaded to the OnePlus Download Store yet and is only available to Open Beta 1 users, OTA.

However, try installing Oxygen Updater, free from the Play Store, and it may recognise your Open Beta 1 and offer to update you.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
So far, I am loving this beta test firmware. Extremely battery friendly. No lags. Rock solid on Wi-Fi. No crashes or restarts. OnePlus need to incorporate these features and fixes into OxygenOS 9.0.12 or 9.0.13.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Any bugs or issues with the beta? I was thinking about installing it but wanted to make sure everything worked. I'm on Verizon also

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Any bugs or issues with the beta? I was thinking about installing it but wanted to make sure everything worked. I'm on Verizon also

This Open Beta 2 is proving very good for most testers. However, by its nature, beta firmwares may not always be stable and reliable. On the OnePlus 3 I can think of a number of instances where a beta would not boot, lost signal or broke features. Also, it is not straightforward to return to the stable releases. See the WARNING in post #1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress