For the first time in a long time I really have no complaints with a smartphone. Usually by now I'm drooling over something new. The OnePlus 6T just continues to keep me satisfied. Coming from the pixel 2 I was worried about the camera and no it's not as good but it's very solid in most situations. The software is great, OnePlus gives you customization options that are useful without overwhelming you like others. The screen is great, no I can't always see it in bright sunlight but the rest of the time I have no issue with it. Data speeds are fantastic on T-Mobile, performance is incredible, battery life is incredible, fast charging cannot be beat, the alert slider should be on every phone.

One of the knocks I've often heard/read is the haptics are not great. They might not be but between the touch settings in the OS and the keyboard feedback I've gotten it to feel pretty solid and I am happy with it most of the time.

I just had to write all this because I really feel that for the price you just cannot beat the value of the 6T compared to the higher proceed alternatives. The only device that may offer more value this year is the Moto G7. Otherwise, I truly think if you don't want to spend over $600 for top end specs on a smartphone you can't go wrong with the 6T.
    04-05-2019 07:18 PM
    I'm a Samsung Note guy myself, mostly for the convenience of having the S pen. I use my phone as a major part of my daily work flow.

That being said, I just moved my three kids to the 6T. One was on the Pixel 2XL and the other two were on the original Pixel XL. All three are very happy with this phone. It's very fast, great battery life, camera is more than adequate for their needs and the screen is very nice. Overall, I think this phone is a great choice and you can't beat it for the price.
    qtrxist and jchapman01 like this.
    04-06-2019 10:05 AM
    I have Note 9 and X (personal and work) then wanted to consolidate to just one phone because it can get tiring carrying 2 phones at all times. I gave the 6T a try since the big red supported it.

It is truely a canvas phone and load whatever app to your hearts desire. I prefer the gesture on the 6T over the Pixel 3 (I have that too).

2 months in and went back to dual set up, back to the spen, spay on the N9, and iOS. For the money, hands down, 6T is untouchable.
    chenhastwins likes this.
    04-06-2019 03:52 PM
    I have pixel 3xl and 6T. Pixel 3xl AOD and camera won me over as my daily driver. If 6T had AOD, I might use it as daily driver. Can't live without it.
    chenhastwins likes this.
    04-06-2019 07:48 PM
    Just because of this topic, i moved my sim to the 6T. I missed this phone.

On the Pixel 3, is there a way the recent apps can be done in a different way other than swiping up?
    04-06-2019 08:05 PM
    Just because of this topic, i moved my sim to the 6T. I missed this phone.

On the Pixel 3, is there a way the recent apps can be done in a different way other than swiping up?
    Nope, the only way.

On pixel 2xl, you do have the option of keeping the navigation buttons like it used to be before Pie.
    04-07-2019 06:17 AM
    I agree, that's why I still have my 1+6 dual sim card , has 8gb ram , fast charging ,led notifications and fingerprint sensor that's fast...still no slowdowns and anyone looking for a new device should have one plus on the list also.
    04-07-2019 03:59 PM
    I agree, that's why I still have my 1+6 dual sim card , has 8gb ram , fast charging ,led notifications and fingerprint sensor that's fast...still no slowdowns and anyone looking for a new device should have one plus on the list also.
    Don't you have like 5 more other phones? Not sure you could be trusted. You are a player
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-10-2019 08:05 PM
    Don't you have like 5 more other phones? Not sure you could be trusted. You are a player
    Haha, I do
    But I can be trusted ๐Ÿ˜‰
    04-10-2019 08:16 PM
    Haha, I do
    But I can be trusted
    You haven't steered me wrong.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-11-2019 09:15 AM
    You haven't steered me wrong.
    Thank you
    Theot likes this.
    04-11-2019 09:24 AM
    I've had my 8gb/256gb 6t for just over 2 months now and still have no real complaints. Only things that would be nice to have that it doesn't have is stereo speakers, and a headphone jack with HiFi audio like LG has been doing. I get around the HiFi headphone jack part by using a Hidizs Sonata HDII USB C DAC dongle with USB audio player pro and that works just fine. I also use a Sony headphone with LDAC which helps as well.

But otherwise this phone is awesome!
    04-11-2019 10:07 AM
    Honestly, if you put the ported version of GCam on it, the pictures are just as good as a pixel. The pixel camera is mostly about the algorithms...

For the first time in a long time I really have no complaints with a smartphone. Usually by now I'm drooling over something new. The OnePlus 6T just continues to keep me satisfied. Coming from the pixel 2 I was worried about the camera and no it's not as good but it's very solid in most situations. The software is great, OnePlus gives you customization options that are useful without overwhelming you like others. The screen is great, no I can't always see it in bright sunlight but the rest of the time I have no issue with it. Data speeds are fantastic on T-Mobile, performance is incredible, battery life is incredible, fast charging cannot be beat, the alert slider should be on every phone.

One of the knocks I've often heard/read is the haptics are not great. They might not be but between the touch settings in the OS and the keyboard feedback I've gotten it to feel pretty solid and I am happy with it most of the time.

I just had to write all this because I really feel that for the price you just cannot beat the value of the 6T compared to the higher proceed alternatives. The only device that may offer more value this year is the Moto G7. Otherwise, I truly think if you don't want to spend over $600 for top end specs on a smartphone you can't go wrong with the 6T.
    04-12-2019 08:12 AM
    Very minor complaints, mostly around that it doesn't do some of the things that my Moto Z Plus did well, like a form-fitting mod that added wifi charging or Moto ambient display which is so much better than the Google version (replying from ambient! What a concept!) or Moto Whatever It was Called that lit up my screen when I hovered my hand over it.

Other than that, I really, REALLY like my One Plus 6T. Love using GCam on it, that's been a revelation and I like the fluidity of it all.

04-12-2019 08:39 AM
    For the money the 549.00 is a no brainer. Reminds me of the Nexus 6P another great phone when it came out!
    04-12-2019 09:52 AM
    it is just like an iPhone!
    04-12-2019 04:34 PM
    Honestly, if you put the ported version of GCam on it, the pictures are just as good as a pixel. The pixel camera is mostly about the algorithms...
    Yeah I have it and if I have time to setup a shot where everyone is going to be still it's great. However for quick access the OP camera app integrates so well with the hardware I end up using that most of the time just double tapping the power button. Plus frankly after the poor audio in videos taken on my pixel 2 and the same issue being documented on the pixel 3 I'm not even going to try using gcam for video. The OP camera app works great for video.
    04-12-2019 07:28 PM
    I just made this account so I don't know where this will post exactly but I'm still happy with my OnePlus 6 here almost a year later. It's better than the 6t in my opinion, better fingerprint scanner and has a headphone jack, only worse part is smaller battery. Wish these phones had better speakers. Maybe waterproofing too
    jchapman01 likes this.
    04-13-2019 01:19 AM
    I just made this account so I don't know where this will post exactly but I'm still happy with my OnePlus 6 here almost a year later. It's better than the 6t in my opinion, better fingerprint scanner and has a headphone jack, only worse part is smaller battery. Wish these phones had better speakers. Maybe waterproofing too
    Yeah, word to the legacy users. OP6 still kicks ***.
    jchapman01 likes this.
    04-13-2019 04:48 AM
    Sorry buddy, 6T rocks better ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š
    04-13-2019 03:45 PM
    You could definitely make a case for the 6 being better in a lot of ways. I won't argue that a bit. For me, the fingerprint sensor isn't a huge deal and I haven't used a headphone jack in years anyway. But for those that do, absolutely the 6 is a heck of a phone.
    jchapman01 and muzzy996 like this.
    04-16-2019 04:31 PM