Will you be getting the OnePlus 6?

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Now that all the details are out there, will you be picking up a OnePlus 6? If so, which device are you moving from?

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm planning on getting the 8gb/256gb midnight black. I have a pixel 2 XL right now. It's a great phone but just a little bored with it. I'll use the OnePlus till the Pixel 3 comes out.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes but waiting for Silk White.

Samsung Galaxy S9+. Disappointed with battery life.

256GB iPhone 8 Plus. No issues but I also got the Essential.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site

Yeahhh, digging that white. I usually skip white phones but that one looks super nice.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd love to purchase a OP device in the future; and now that the 6 finally has water resistance, I may grab a 6T or 7 or whatever the case may be when I'm ready to upgrade again!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

OOOOHHHHHH I bet the Silk White Version (and what a beautiful colour name that is!) will look spectacular.

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site

Same here, coming from s9+, my dealbreakers on S9+ are slugish performance, lag on a daily basis and mediocre battery life. Hardware is extremely good otherwise.

Reasons for switching to OP6

*speed is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better on OP6, overall performance during heavy usage, fingerprint unlock and face unlock work EXTREMELY fast, I really appreciate how fast dash charge charges even with the screen on

*battery life, hope it is noticeable better but even if it only last a few more minutes compared to S9+, dash charge is a game changer (also disappointed with S9+ that loses 40% by noon after a few hours of very light usage and mostly standby, note 8 was even worse)

*flat screen

*other small convenient features such as double tap to wake, gesture navigation, raise to wake, draw an O when screen is off for flashlight, etc.

*resale value when either the Note 9 or S10 come out

What I am gonna miss from the S9+:

*QHD BEAUTIFUL display and yes I notice the difference from FHD to QHD. Brightness and colors (my preference) are better and not matched by any other phone in the market

*Stereo speakers :(

*Probably camera, also one of the best in the market but I hope OP6 is not too far behind.

*Wireless charging (but not a lot because of dash charge)

*Samsung pay with the phone (but will continue using it everywhere with my S3 frontier watch and I have a note 5 as backup phone for other promotions only valid on the phone version of samsung pay)

*Always on display

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I'd love to purchase a OP device in the future; and now that the 6 finally has water resistance, I may grab a 6T or 7 or whatever the case may be when I'm ready to upgrade again!

I don't think OP6 has any IP rating...it's just splash proof....

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
I'd thought I'd read somewhere that it would indeed have an IP rating. I could be wrong, though!

it doesn't have an IP rating but it will be fine for accidents, this is on 1+ website:

Ready for rain.

A special type of foam layered on the gap between the screen and the battery cover prevents water from seeping into the wiring. The use of waterproof materials in the headphone jack and fingerprint scanner prevents damage to key components, while the gaps around the buttons of the device are sealed using silicone loops. Thanks to water resistance, your OnePlus 6 is well-equipped to survive a drop in the sink or a spilled glass of water. Just don’t take it for a swim.①

1. Water resistant under certain conditions. OnePlus does not recommend excessive submersion. Please see product warranty for more information.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
it doesn't have an IP rating but it will be fine for accidents, this is on 1+ website:

Ready for rain.

A special type of foam layered on the gap between the screen and the battery cover prevents water from seeping into the wiring. The use of waterproof materials in the headphone jack and fingerprint scanner prevents damage to key components, while the gaps around the buttons of the device are sealed using silicone loops. Thanks to water resistance, your OnePlus 6 is well-equipped to survive a drop in the sink or a spilled glass of water. Just don’t take it for a swim.①

1. Water resistant under certain conditions. OnePlus does not recommend excessive submersion. Please see product warranty for more information.

Thank you so much for clarifying! This is still pretty awesome, though!

Thadou Kuki

May 6, 2018
Visit site
You can't take the company at their words. If it is not IP 67 or 68 Certified then, simple, it's not water resistant or dust resistant. Just saying that it is water resistant is not enough without any certification. Most phones of today do survive a splash and a quick drop in water. I once dropped my 5T into a bucket of water and pulled it out quickly and nothing happened to the phone. Just because nothing happened to the phone it is not sufficient to say that the 5T is water resistant as IP Certification criteria for water resistance is not satisfied. Drop a IP67 or 68 certified device and the OnePlus 6 in a tub or bucket of water to understand what water resistance means.

Last edited:

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I like the look of it. Like the features like the alert slider, headphone jack, big flat screen. Really really having a hard time not ordering one but my one concern is support. I've had to replace my Pixel 2 twice, and both times a 5 minute chat with a Google rep and I had a new replacement in 3 days. If I have a problem with the OP6, how easy is it going to be to get it fixed or replaced?

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I like the look of it. Like the features like the alert slider, headphone jack, big flat screen. Really really having a hard time not ordering one but my one concern is support. I've had to replace my Pixel 2 twice, and both times a 5 minute chat with a Google rep and I had a new replacement in 3 days. If I have a problem with the OP6, how easy is it going to be to get it fixed or replaced?

I had a problem with my 5t in January and it was pretty easy to get replaced. I sent it in, they sent me a new one. It wasn’t three days but it was within a week.

jonmall

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I thought about getting the OP6 because I'm not a big fan of my current phone (S8). But I don't want a phone that's bigger than the s8. If anything I want a phone that is slightly smaller (Nexus 5 size).

I'll wait for the pixel 3.

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the fence, awaiting the full reviews -- specifically about the camera's performance. If that comes up aces, then I'm in. The dual sim (both LTE!) is the big kicker for me.. I'd love to carry one phone with both my personal and company lines.

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
The OP6 will likely be a fantastic phone for the price, but it isn't enough to warrant the change from my V30. I'll understandably be skipping this one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital