Who's liking their new phone?

lever2000

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Got the OnePlus 9 yesterday and im not liking it. To me it feels old compared to the Lg Velvet.
But my biggest issue is as with the 8T and the 7pro i had is making phone calls, it just doesn't want to dial when i try to make a phone call, takes forever, and a couple network switches from LTE down to 3g then back again, then maybe it will dial.
The Velvet was instant.
So not happy with it ill use it a week or 2 then see but right now im thinking ill sell it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Got the OnePlus 9 yesterday and im not liking it. To me it feels old compared to the Lg Velvet.
But my biggest issue is as with the 8T and the 7pro i had is making phone calls, it just doesn't want to dial when i try to make a phone call, takes forever, and a couple network switches from LTE down to 3g then back again, then maybe it will dial.
The Velvet was instant.
So not happy with it ill use it a week or 2 then see but right now im thinking ill sell it.

That's too bad that you are not enjoying it - but the LG Velvet was a great phone, so I can understand the fact that you are missing some of its features. Keep us posted on what happens!

lever2000

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Switched back to the Velvet. To many small annoyances with the OnePlus.
Probably keep as my back up and will sell my 7pro

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
The Velvet was instant.
Can't you send it back?

lever2000

May 4, 2017
Visit site
I could but i like OnePlus phones.
There are just some things that i don't like.
The biggest issue for me is making phone calls with it.

lever2000

May 4, 2017
Visit site
When i try to call no matter where it is inside or outside it takes up to 1 minute before it start dialing in the mean time its switching from usually 4g down to 3g then sometimes back to 4g.
Quite a few times it will loose service reception completely.
Other time it will say network not available but will still show 2 bars.
The weird thing is data will work great as soon as try to make a call it has to switch networks
Ive had the 7pro the 8T and now the 9 all the same problem.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
When i try to call no matter where it is inside or outside it takes up to 1 minute before it start dialing in the mean time its switching from usually 4g down to 3g then sometimes back to 4g.
The weird thing is data will work great as soon as try to make a call it has to switch networks

That sounds like it could possibly be something with your carrier. Do the bands with your carrier match up with the bands for your OnePlus phone?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Which cell carrier are you with?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I was going to buy the OP 9 and it would apparently work with Rogers. I'm just wondering if you maybe have some, but not all, of the required bands in order for your OnePlus phone to work as it should.

lever2000

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Well i download a app for WiFi calling and it couldn't work better.
The called dialed right away. No waiting.
So im not sure what to make of it.
But its a great phone other than that

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

That's a pretty big problem when a phone has major issues making a phone call :eek:

I'm pretty forgiving of small issues if I like a phone overall, but I think that would be a deal breaker for me lol.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Well i download a app for WiFi calling and it couldn't work better.
The called dialed right away. No waiting.
So im not sure what to make of it.
But its a great phone other than that

It would appear, the model you have isn’t optimized for your region or at least your carriers. It seem to be searching for primary bands and not finding them and then as if switching to a roaming or fallback option. The WFC, as you’ve found gets you around that problem as it prioritizes over any mobile bands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty