Worth getting it?

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Why do you want to flash T-Mobile ROM on a Global device? Usually people do the other way around to avoid bloatware are get updates straight from OnePlus.

I haven't seen any thread explaining how to do that process.
Yeah. That's what I figured. O well, great phone otherwise.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Grabbed 256gb/12GB Onplus 9. I was about to go with Pro, but I'm tired of CURVE SCREEN.

That's so awesome! How are you liking it so far?

I hear you about the curved screens. I do enjoy using them but I'm happy that my current phone does not have one.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I did a lot of research between the 9 pro and s21 and they both seem identical but ended up with the s21 since I had the Samsung watch and tablet. Don't think you can go wrong with the OnePlus devices.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if I'm rehashing this, but would like your guys opinion. Only used Pixel phones for the past several years and my Pixel 4 XL is having a problem that's annoying me. I've always been interested in a OnePlus, but don't know much about them. Like I said, currently have Pixel 4XL, before that was a 2 XL, looking forward to a Pixel 6, but no announced release date yet. Again, have always been curious about a OnePlus, thinking about giving it a try until the Pixel 6, or longer. How do you all think they will compare. For what it's worth, I'm in the US, carrier is Verizon.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if I'm rehashing this, but would like your guys opinion. Only used Pixel phones for the past several years and my Pixel 4 XL is having a problem that's annoying me. I've always been interested in a OnePlus, but don't know much about them. Like I said, currently have Pixel 4XL, before that was a 2 XL, looking forward to a Pixel 6, but no announced release date yet. Again, have always been curious about a OnePlus, thinking about giving it a try until the Pixel 6, or longer. How do you all think they will compare. For what it's worth, I'm in the US, carrier is Verizon.

Hey! I believe you were the user who started a thread about this subject? OnePlus makes awesome devices and their Oxygen OS is superb! Their phones are fast and smooth, and their OS is pretty close to stock Android (which is the Pixel experience to which you are accustomed).

If you are looking to try a OnePlus device, I say go for it! Then, you'll know if the phone truly is for you or not! :)

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
@Morty2264, I did start a thread. This post had not gotten a response so I figured I'd try a new thread.

That being said, I ended up getting the OnePlus 9 Saturday. Thus far, I have enjoyed it. A few things I miss about the Pixel, but overall a solid phone and at a good price. I'm still getting used to it, so any tips any of you want to share, I'm open. (Not sure if there is a specific thread about that or not, have not looked.)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
@Morty2264, I did start a thread. This post had not gotten a response so I figured I'd try a new thread.

That being said, I ended up getting the OnePlus 9 Saturday. Thus far, I have enjoyed it. A few things I miss about the Pixel, but overall a solid phone and at a good price. I'm still getting used to it, so any tips any of you want to share, I'm open. (Not sure if there is a specific thread about that or not, have not looked.)

Gotcha! I'm sorry, I thought I'd responded to your other thread, along with another user or two. Perhaps I'm getting all of the threads mixed up!

Anyway, that's so awesome that you ended up getting the OnePlus 9 and that you are loving it so far!

As far as a few tips go, we do have a OnePlus sub-forum where you can get a feel for tips and tricks! My first thing would be to see how Warp Charge works for you! Please let us know - it's supposed to be awesome!

Also, one of our resident OnePlus gurus, @mustang7757 , would be a great person to ask for tips! :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Gotcha! I'm sorry, I thought I'd responded to your other thread, along with another user or two. Perhaps I'm getting all of the threads mixed up!

Anyway, that's so awesome that you ended up getting the OnePlus 9 and that you are loving it so far!

As far as a few tips go, we do have a OnePlus sub-forum where you can get a feel for tips and tricks! My first thing would be to see how Warp Charge works for you! Please let us know - it's supposed to be awesome!

Also, one of our resident OnePlus gurus, @mustang7757 , would be a great person to ask for tips! :)
Yeah responded in the thread OP made

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a Pixel 3 and the battery is really starting to cave. I've decided on the 9 Pro. Unfortunately, Best Buy was out of them by the time I got there (silver, still have the green.). It was $150 off. Sale is over so I'll wait until someone else has it on sale. Kinda scared over a big phone, but I guess I'll get used to it.