ARCHIVED: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) 7/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Here is my UOT file renamed. I changed more than the notification bar though. Changed everything but icons and boot animation. Everything is transparent black and blue borders and glow. use at own risk. Flash in recovery. Make a backup before in case you don't like it.

Black_Blue_ath3nos.zip

Cool thanks, I have been working constantly, and when I am home my wife and 6 year old are constantly wanting to do something, so I haven't had a chance to cook up something, thanks a ton, for some reason I hate looking at the stock setup

munkyvirus

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread)

Here is my UOT file renamed. I changed more than the notification bar though. Changed everything but icons and boot animation. Everything is transparent black and blue borders and glow. use at own risk. Flash in recovery. Make a backup before in case you don't like it.

Black_Blue_ath3nos.zip

I find it ironic that I can't use the CM7 Clockwork mod to flash this

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
If you're looking for more themes, check out the cm7 themes thread at xda. It's in the android themes section.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else not getting gmail notifications? Only thing I can think of is that I removed the email app. Still have gmail app.

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Will we have to wipe everything and flash all over again? or how should we go about this.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Will we have to wipe everything and flash all over again? or how should we go about this.

I'm going to make a backup and try flashing without wiping, that way if it does screw things up I can go back. :)

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Just got done deleting out the crap I didn't want in it, live wallpaper packs and such, backing up and then flashing, will report in a minute.

Ok so everything seems to be working still. I flashed the update. I had to go back in and reflash the s to ov file along with any programs I may have installed through recovery ie. Toggle2g. if you use link2sd you have to rebuild the script when you open it but then everything is back where it should be. That is why I don't link my link2sd program to the card and I leave it on the phone. :) I'll report it if anything else is changed.

Ok after reflashing the s to ov file it says sprint again everywhere it's supposed to say virgin mobile. Also if your charger is connected and you're on the lock screen it says "connect your charger (%d%%) even though my phone is plugged into the charger and at like 90%. I'll test mms and calls to see if those still work.

Doing a clean wipe and flash, I'll see if things work doing it that way. Flashing the update over the current rom doesn't work.
Clean flash fixes the virgin mobile not showing up. I can't even send an mms now so not sure if that's something with the rom or vm mms is down again. Anybody else want to test their mms? Also when I go into the market it auto minimizes immediately so can't actually do anything with it. I'll test some more.

Installed the new market apk and now it tells me I have to authenticate my gmail account even though it is added and syncing. Weird mess of issues that will push me back into my "everything I use works" nandroid lol.

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I added a bloat remover zip to the first post. This should make this rom about the same size as aosp's CM7. I haven't tested it thoroughly, but I didn't get any sort of bootloops or FC's after I tried it. I'm not sure about the exact amount of space it'll add, but it should be worthwhile.

I just saw the update, let me see what changed and I'll report back.

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I added a bloat remover zip to the first post. This should make this rom about the same size as aosp's CM7. I haven't tested it thoroughly, but I didn't get any sort of bootloops or FC's after I tried it. I'm not sure about the exact amount of space it'll add, but it should be worthwhile.

I just saw the update, let me see what changed and I'll report back.

I'll watch for your response to see if you have better results with it than I did. I'm hoping you do although Ath3nos doesn't seem to know exactly what changed in the update lol. Waiting...

MMS does work.
Did a reboot and mms kicked in.
Sync still isnt working for me and so it also won't let me use the market.
Camera still works, both auto focus and zoom. (still think it's plenty weird that x2 and x4 zoom give a green line and x1 and x3 don't)

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

About the 07/15 update:

I still haven't flashed this.

Obviously, some framework files were changed. Some of the binaries were updated. Camera and audio drivers were tweaked.

What's really strange is this will absolutely break MMS....for Sprint users. For some reason, the apns-conf.xml file has been changed to T-mobile's MMS servers. I replace this file for the Sprint to OV so this should not effect us.

You can go ahead and try this. You should wipe before flashing it because the system apps have been changed too. Anything that breaks from the previous version should not be the fault of the Sprint to OV conversion as far as I can tell. MMS should still work.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

About the 07/15 update:

I still haven't flashed this.

Obviously, some framework files were changed. Some of the binaries were updated. Camera and audio drivers were tweaked.

What's really strange is this will absolutely break MMS....for Sprint users. For some reason, the apns-conf.xml file has been changed to T-mobile's MMS servers. I replace this file for the Sprint to OV so this should not effect us.

You can go ahead and try this. You should wipe before flashing it because the system apps have been changed too. Anything that breaks from the previous version should not be the fault of the Sprint to OV conversion as far as I can tell. MMS should still work.

Flashing over the previous version breaks everything lol.
Flashed a clean one, mms and camera still work perfect.
Sync isn't working for me but going to do a full clean flash again and see if it does it again.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Does your bloat remover put it back to the gray android boot animation? Says it removes boot animation...everyone says they like this one that comes with the rom lol. :p

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Does your bloat remover put it back to the gray android boot animation? Says it removes boot animation...everyone says they like this one that comes with the rom lol. :p

You can restore it easy enough if you want. Extract it from the rom zip and throw it onto your phone.

After doing a clean install of the newest release plus the bloat remover I have 176 megs free on internal storage.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

You can restore it easy enough if you want. Extract it from the rom zip and throw it onto your phone.

After doing a clean install of the newest release plus the bloat remover I have 176 megs free on internal storage.

Nice man. I tried your bloat remover vs my going in and removing the crap I don't like pre-install. I'm going to do mine again and see what my space available is vs the bloat remover.

Do you happen to know what the sys apk is that runs the news and weather? I can't seem to find that apk and it's the only thing I can't find to remove that I want to dump.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Nice man. I tried your bloat remover vs my going in and removing the crap I don't like pre-install. I'm going to do mine again and see what my space available is vs the bloat remover.

Do you happen to know what the sys apk is that runs the news and weather? I can't seem to find that apk and it's the only thing I can't find to remove that I want to dump.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the GenieWidget.apk. It comes with Gapps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non