07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 5657585960 ...
tools
    Alright, I will try that.

Have there been any fixes that improve the problems arising with changing LCD Density? Have you (or anyone else) tried changing it in the ZIP before flashing? That solved any issues I had doing it on IHO. I'll try it later on and report back unless someone else has info regarding this.

EDIT -- Multiple quick enable / disable of mobile data gave me 3G. Spotty 3G but still, it's there. Holla!
    03-14-2012 05:00 PM
    Like the processor's clock? Or like the clock that keeps time?
    Clock that keeps time
    03-14-2012 05:00 PM
    This worked, thanks!
    03-14-2012 05:02 PM
    Flashed alpha7 yesterday late afternoon. All apps installed correctly and SquareUp actually worked with no problems at all with extensive testing.

I have the 3g data problem all is talking about, but toggling along with airplane mode does make it work.

Big problem is that bluetooth really started messing up today. I paired a Jawbone Icon that worked last night and reconnected this morning fine. While on a call, a second call came in and the phone would not switch lines, with the headset or with the phone's screen. Then no-one could hear me and I couldn't hear them. When I shut Jawbone off and then reconnected, it worked when I called the first caller back. When I called the second caller back, there was a loud electromic feedback in the Jawbone and all either of us could hear was static. I shut Jawbone off and returned the call which worked (but I never had to switch lines). After turning Jawbone back on, I could not hear anyone and no-one could hear me at all during testing. With Jawbone disconnected and rebooting the phone, it was very difficult to get the phone to switch lines during testing. I had to swipe the screen multiplee times and then it never confirmed that I switched lines. I did a backup and restored the ROM I have been using; Android 2.2.1 from Bumblebee because SquareUp has not worked dependably with any version of GB or CM7 that I have tried. The Jawbone headset is now working fine also with 2.2.1.

I hope I am thorough enough in this description for it to be useful. Hopefully whatever happens, SquareUp will continue to work as 2.2.1 is sooo limited.

Thanks for all the hard work, Germitty
    tdm likes this.
    03-14-2012 05:06 PM
    Clock that keeps time
    Not really. Mine seems to keep up just fine.

So no one else still isn't having issues with overheating?
    03-14-2012 05:13 PM

The only heating I got was when I was trying to find a tethering app that would work. All the apps just tried to turn the ROMs tethering on which froze up and I had to reboot to stop.
    03-14-2012 05:19 PM
    I don't know how, but the clock seems to have broken completely. Setting a time zone gives me the completely wrong time, and it still takes a while to update.
    03-14-2012 05:55 PM
    some audio funkyness with my dads BOSE noise canceling headphones

those to be exact it sounds almost like interferance (taken with my camera on ICS!)

butr on the brightside
    03-14-2012 06:23 PM

Every time 3g comes back up takes a while for time to get straight .
    Overheating only wit music player but other than that no overheating
    03-14-2012 06:23 PM
    My camera doesn't take pics it just shows the preview and it says Your SD Card is Full.
    03-14-2012 07:07 PM
    Anyone using Voice Actions successfully?

No go for me. Just opens up for a few seconds, says nothing like "Speak Now" (dunno if it does in ICS or not) and then closes out. No "failed recognition" sound.
    03-14-2012 07:26 PM
    by s
    I see people talking about their 3g issue, is there an issue with their WIFI? Just curious. Thanks for the fix by the way
    Yes there has been but it seems like it was addressed to some extent with this rom if u know how to access the wrap_supplicant config file u can edit the proper settings there by setting numerical figs to 0 or another thing I noticed helped was in the wifi menu long clicking the network ur on and selecting modify network then advanced options and select static instead if dhcp and change the DNS settings to the same as ur default gateway or switch 1and 2 around where 2 is now 1 and visa versa
    03-14-2012 08:13 PM
    if the fix for 3G is that eaisy can TDM fix in his next build? alpha8/beta1 w/e
    03-14-2012 08:22 PM
    I have a question will this have overclocking and dsp manager?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-14-2012 08:59 PM
    Downloaded and installed this ROM twice with the same results: constant freeze/reboot.

On a whim I decided to disable Surface Dithering and it's been completely stable for the past half hour or so since doing that. Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone that may be having the same issue.

EDIT: Also enabled Force GPU Rendering. Seems like it must have been one of those 2 things that was causing my issue.
    tdm likes this.
    03-14-2012 09:02 PM

I'm overclocked right now... to 825 and there is no dsp manager.
    03-14-2012 09:12 PM
    anyone tried importing from IHO? or should i
    03-14-2012 09:27 PM
    ok i think im getting close to to this data2ext thing i compied the init.d files from alien rom and it booted fine then installed a data2ext zip file now it doesnt boot does 4.0 even support it???
    Edit; it hangs at android is upgrading
    another edit: tdm does your kernal even support ext?? if not are you planning on makeing it compatible?
    03-14-2012 10:19 PM

dspmanager was one of the first casualties of the rom diet. I'll put it on my list of extras to put into an "extras" package.
    terthii, joey92 and clodfelterac like this.
    03-14-2012 11:06 PM
    Downloaded and installed this ROM twice with the same results: constant freeze/reboot.

On a whim I decided to disable Surface Dithering and it's been completely stable for the past half hour or so since doing that. Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone that may be having the same issue.

EDIT: Also enabled Force GPU Rendering. Seems like it must have been one of those 2 things that was causing my issue.
    Yeah those GL libraries are pretty finicky ... :/
    03-14-2012 11:06 PM
    ok i think im getting close to to this data2ext thing i compied the init.d files from alien rom and it booted fine then installed a data2ext zip file now it doesnt boot does 4.0 even support it???
    Edit; it hangs at android is upgrading
    another edit: tdm does your kernal even support ext?? if not are you planning on makeing it compatible?
    No idea about data2ext, never used it.

When I first installed IHO last Sep., I symlinked /data/app -> /sd-ext/app. And it's been that way ever since. No muss, no fuss, no maintenance, nothing. It works great for me but I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, because it ties your apps to your sdcard.

So here's what I plan to do... in alpha8, I plan to bind mount /sd-ext/app over /data/app just like alpha7 does with dalvik-cache. This should be zero maintenance and will eliminate the need for any of the *2sd hackery.

I can toss out a script to plate in /system/etc/init.d for testing if anyone wants to give it a shot.

Oh, and if you don't have an sd-ext partition, you really should. Especially when running ICS. Because that poor little internal MTD in the OV is just not made for holding everything that ICS needs. The ROM diet of deleting extra stuff doesn't help much in this regard because we're talking about the /data and /cache partitions, which aren't affected by the size of the ROM itself.
    03-14-2012 11:19 PM
    Hey tdm is there any possible way to get the on-screen keys on your rom??
    03-14-2012 11:19 PM
    dspmanager was one of the first casualties of the rom diet. I'll put it on my list of extras to put into an "extras" package.
    Thank you

03-14-2012 11:26 PM
    No idea about data2ext, never used it.

When I first installed IHO last Sep., I symlinked /data/app -> /sd-ext/app. And it's been that way ever since. No muss, no fuss, no maintenance, nothing. It works great for me but I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, because it ties your apps to your sdcard.

So here's what I plan to do... in alpha8, I plan to bind mount /sd-ext/app over /data/app just like alpha7 does with dalvik-cache. This should be zero maintenance and will eliminate the need for any of the *2sd hackery.

I can toss out a script to plate in /system/etc/init.d for testing if anyone wants to give it a shot.

Oh, and if you don't have an sd-ext partition, you really should. Especially when running ICS. Because that poor little internal MTD in the OV is just not made for holding everything that ICS needs. The ROM diet of deleting extra stuff doesn't help much in this regard because we're talking about the /data and /cache partitions, which aren't affected by the size of the ROM itself.
    i was just wondering becuase i have an ext partion sitting on my card for no reason i liked it alot on the alien rom so i tried allot of diferant things with no luck so il just wait for some1 else to figure it out
    id like to test out the new script
    03-14-2012 11:28 PM
    Hey tdm is there any possible way to get the on-screen keys on your rom??
    Why, you have too many pixels? j/k. Seriously, why? Are your buttons broken or something?

I don't know how to enable them off the top of my head but I suspect it's a compile-time flag. If not, you should be able to do it yourself. If so, I'm not going to do it but I'll be happy to point you to the threads on how to build your own ROM.
    03-14-2012 11:28 PM
8,044 ... 5657585960 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD