Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

Edit. It told me to turn right, no FC..
Screenshot_2012-02-20-20-54-24.png

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

Alpha 4 testing:
Everything seemed to work well except for the already known camera and microphone issues. I know the camera is just about worked out (I would be happy with camera and no video!).
I had a little trouble with Titanium Backup * Root not recognizing that I had checked USB Debugging, but I don't think that was the ROM.
I did have the wireless problem that has been reported in the past, got it working using the same methods (turn airplane mode on and off, reboot, turn wireless on and off a few times, finally worked)
Many thanks to all the people putting work into this, you are doing the seemingly impossible in amazingly short order. You all rock!

theexile1

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

the fix doesnt seem to work and the keys are swapped can some one post a keyswap thing i can use

lilrob1213

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

I can't seem to connect via 3G... not sure why? It's supposed to work... maybe bad signal in my area, but I normally get it on other ROMS... ?

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having charging issues? It says its charging but my percent keeps dropping. I go back to IHO and it charges.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

This latest build seems to refuse to play well with my script of choice, DTApps2sd (using the dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta04-signed.zip). When I flash it, the phone just hangs at the LG screen when I try to boot. Looks like I'll have to give up adn go with Link2sd for now.

zazilez

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Jeez, this isnt even on xda...lol gonna try it but till it gets more functional, not a daily user, but still, its sweet...good job, keep up the work

Sent from my vm-670 running Cm7.2 IHO BACKside

FabioCZ

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

What would be the proper procedure for updating from alpha 3 (Feb 17 build)? Can I just wipe cache/dalvik cache and flash the new build? I flashed noface gapps along with the alpha 3 build - so will the new build overwrite them or will I get duplicates?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

JerryScript pointed me at IHO changes for MMS. I'm going to try to get that working tonight while I have access to my wife's phone for testing.

Reactions: Anonymo

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

This latest build seems to refuse to play well with my script of choice, DTApps2sd (using the dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta04-signed.zip). When I flash it, the phone just hangs at the LG screen when I try to boot. Looks like I'll have to give up adn go with Link2sd for now.

First boot can be really slow moving all those files around. Be patient -- give it at least 15 minutes.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

What would be the proper procedure for updating from alpha 3 (Feb 17 build)? Can I just wipe cache/dalvik cache and flash the new build? I flashed noface gapps along with the alpha 3 build - so will the new build overwrite them or will I get duplicates?

It's always proper to wipe.

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

First boot can be really slow moving all those files around. Be patient -- give it at least 15 minutes.

It's actually going on 20 minutes now but I had already booted into it once before flashing dtapps2sd. I might wipe everything and flash dta2sd before my first boot and give it some time. If it works after giving it some time, I'll edit this post.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

One thing I have seen reported on LOTS of ICS roms is slow SDcard performance. Particularly write speeds.
Moving anything there is going to take a long time.

To test it, mount your phone through USB and see how long it takes to copy a rom over. If it's really slow,, download a utility on the market called SDrescan and run it once, it will help. It won't work miracles, but it helps.

Reactions: brotherswing

Shryvone12

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

hey does anyone know why the youtube app dont work still? alpha phase looking good if youtube app worked:) also the 99999999 crap is happening to my phone grrrrr:mad:

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone having charging issues? It says its charging but my percent keeps dropping. I go back to IHO and it charges.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

There have been a couple reports of charging issues. I suspect it's one or more of:

* CPU isn't sleeping enough to charge well (there's been a report of failure to enter deep sleep).
* Drew's kernel isn't calling for as much juice as IHO.
* CM9 has battery reporting issues.

DarkLG

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

There have been a couple reports of charging issues. I suspect it's one or more of:

* CPU isn't sleeping enough to charge well (there's been a report of failure to enter deep sleep).
* Drew's kernel isn't calling for as much juice as IHO.
* CM9 has battery reporting issues.

I haven't encountered any issues with charging in any of the builds you have released so maybe it's just a few who are having issue or I'm just very lucky ? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87