ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

I flashed alpha7 last night and was having trouble with 3G. I kept switching airplane mode on and off, but it wouldn't work (worked for me in alpha6).

Finally, I got it to work by changing the "System Select" Setting (System Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> More... -> Mobile Networks -> System Select) from "Home Only" to "Automatic". I hadn't seen this fix posted yet, so I thought I'd share. Not sure if this is a freak coincidence or not, but its been working like a champ ever since :)

Battery life has been great for me, and with my 3g squared away I think this is going to be my daily - thanks again!

Tried this solution along with airplane mode toggle. Still can't get any 3G working. The icon is there, but nothing works. Any other ideas or anything I missed to try?

gearsofwar23

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

Look for it to be blue and 2 arrows in the signal bar, if it just says 3 g and no arrows then ur data network isn't working properly, randomly toggle data on/off really fast 5 through 10 times. See if that works.

Reactions: shrimpbuddy

shrimpbuddy

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

It got the 3G signal to show up, but it's not actually sending or receiving data. What did you mean by "Head back to network choices"?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Alright, I will try that.

Have there been any fixes that improve the problems arising with changing LCD Density? Have you (or anyone else) tried changing it in the ZIP before flashing? That solved any issues I had doing it on IHO. I'll try it later on and report back unless someone else has info regarding this.

EDIT -- Multiple quick enable / disable of mobile data gave me 3G. Spotty 3G but still, it's there. Holla!

Germitty

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Flashed alpha7 yesterday late afternoon. All apps installed correctly and SquareUp actually worked with no problems at all with extensive testing.

I have the 3g data problem all is talking about, but toggling along with airplane mode does make it work.

Big problem is that bluetooth really started messing up today. I paired a Jawbone Icon that worked last night and reconnected this morning fine. While on a call, a second call came in and the phone would not switch lines, with the headset or with the phone's screen. Then no-one could hear me and I couldn't hear them. When I shut Jawbone off and then reconnected, it worked when I called the first caller back. When I called the second caller back, there was a loud electromic feedback in the Jawbone and all either of us could hear was static. I shut Jawbone off and returned the call which worked (but I never had to switch lines). After turning Jawbone back on, I could not hear anyone and no-one could hear me at all during testing. With Jawbone disconnected and rebooting the phone, it was very difficult to get the phone to switch lines during testing. I had to swipe the screen multiplee times and then it never confirmed that I switched lines. I did a backup and restored the ROM I have been using; Android 2.2.1 from Bumblebee because SquareUp has not worked dependably with any version of GB or CM7 that I have tried. The Jawbone headset is now working fine also with 2.2.1.

I hope I am thorough enough in this description for it to be useful. Hopefully whatever happens, SquareUp will continue to work as 2.2.1 is sooo limited.

Thanks for all the hard work, Germitty

Reactions: tdm

Germitty

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Not really. Mine seems to keep up just fine.

So no one else still isn't having issues with overheating?

The only heating I got was when I was trying to find a tethering app that would work. All the apps just tried to turn the ROMs tethering on which froze up and I had to reboot to stop.

dmillerw

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

I don't know how, but the clock seems to have broken completely. Setting a time zone gives me the completely wrong time, and it still takes a while to update.

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

some audio funkyness with my dads BOSE noise canceling headphones

IMG_20120314_151143.jpg

those to be exact it sounds almost like interferance (taken with my camera on ICS!)

butr on the brightside
Screenshot_2012-03-14-12-09-33.png

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

Not really. Mine seems to keep up just fine.

So no one else still isn't having issues with overheating?

Every time 3g comes back up takes a while for time to get straight .
Overheating only wit music player but other than that no overheating

youhsf12

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Anyone using Voice Actions successfully?

No go for me. Just opens up for a few seconds, says nothing like "Speak Now" (dunno if it does in ICS or not) and then closes out. No "failed recognition" sound.

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site

by s
I see people talking about their 3g issue, is there an issue with their WIFI? Just curious. Thanks for the fix by the way

Yes there has been but it seems like it was addressed to some extent with this rom if u know how to access the wrap_supplicant config file u can edit the proper settings there by setting numerical figs to 0 or another thing I noticed helped was in the wifi menu long clicking the network ur on and selecting modify network then advanced options and select static instead if dhcp and change the DNS settings to the same as ur default gateway or switch 1and 2 around where 2 is now 1 and visa versa

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

Downloaded and installed this ROM twice with the same results: constant freeze/reboot.

On a whim I decided to disable Surface Dithering and it's been completely stable for the past half hour or so since doing that. Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone that may be having the same issue.

EDIT: Also enabled Force GPU Rendering. Seems like it must have been one of those 2 things that was causing my issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: tdm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non