ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
The extras zip is just a zip, it's not flashable. Just toss the files you want onto your system partition. I might make it flashable next time. Or maybe someone can do that for us...

heretic1990

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Here's Root Permissions and Superuser for AOKP:
Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip

:)) Just Flash in recovery. Confirmed working.

Without root, Performance options in ROM Settings won't work.

Tested and worked for me!

Only things I notice about the AOKP;
Noticed while changing wallpaper for Lock screen ROM control FC's.
Wifi works right of the bat, data seems to work ( not sure as I only get 1x inside my home, But I receive texts )
Can't seem to find an option to disable lock screen animations or sounds.
The disable boot animation doesn't work. It's ticked and reboot two times with no results.
Clock seems to work for AOKP but I haven't got it to work on CM9
As already said no camera. Says "Cannot connect to the camera"

If I find any other issues or concerns I'll post them up. As always thank you for a great Alpha. You've done did a good job, sir.

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
The AOKP build is up, and the extras files for both CM9 and AOKP. Check the OP. Also had to change the thread title since it's not CM9 only anymore. :)

Unfortunately, after syncing the AOKP repo, it had the same audio issues as CM9 and I had to use the same fix. So it suffers from the same audio issues with bluetooth etc.

I don't know what caused this. Could have been the 4.0.4 update or it could be that AOKP pulled in some other external change that CM9 also pulled in. Either way it's pretty frustrating. I'll try to get it fixed or revert back to older code soon.

Thanks man good work hopefully you find a bluetooth fix soon.

chellebelle

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Its just the standard clock. Overclock and you should be fine.

Didn't see this till after I went back to backside...I went in to change the CPU settings and it froze so I just gave up...I'll try again tomorrow...thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen this answered anywhere, and its a deal breaker for me. Does aokp have the unicorn boot animation?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks tdm. By tossing into system partition, what exactly so you mean?

I mean copy files over, adding /system to the path. For example, let's say you're running CM9 and you want DSPManager. Unzip the extras and then do this:

adb push app/DSPManager.apk /system/app/DSPManager.apk
adb push lib/soundfx/libcyanogen-dsp.so /system/lib/soundfx/libcyanogen-dsp.so

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to report that I wiped and flashed aokp-alpha8 and it appears to have solved all my wifi issues that I was having with cm9-alpha8. From the first boot connected to my WPA wifi and has been connected for several hours.

Only downside is that camera says "cannot connect", but I'll take it. Thanks for your hard work, tdm.

Last edited:
Reactions: tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS Dirty flashing, the algorithm!

It's only been running a few minutes so if the networking dies on me I'll let you know but the only other thing that I saw that I haven't seen reported anywhere else is that when the phone booted up it said Android was updating 68 somethings (files, programs, features -- I forget :p )

This is the system populating the dalvik cache. There is a build option for pre-optimized (odex'ed) apps, but I haven't researched the pros/cons of doing that.

Reactions: glarepate

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Seems as though the option to add a mobile data toggle isn't there, there's no dictionary and the japanese ime still managed to sneak in. I also notices that there's also a duplicate gallery on this as well.

Running AOKP.

Yeah I saw the Japanese IME after I released. :/

I found the mobile toggle under Settings -> Wireless -> More -> Mobile Networks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87