ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(787630)

May 13, 2012
Visit site
So close for me to use full-time...Stable Google Navigation and tethering would do the trick. Great job! I keep switching back and forth so I wish I had some sort of multiple bootloader...hmmm, I Googles that now.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
So close for me to use full-time...Stable Google Navigation and tethering would do the trick. Great job! I keep switching back and forth so I wish I had some sort of multiple bootloader...hmmm, I Googles that now.

There's a multirom program being developed but its still experimental :/

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

It exists, but from my understanding both of the ROMs need to use the same kernel.

You're better off just relying on Nandroid backups. I have two SD cards and have had one as my "ICS" and one as my "IHO" and just kept the respective backups along with all the SD data on their respective cards and restored / backed up as needed.

TDM: Not a huge deal, I don't mind doing it myself, but in this update or whenever you remember, don't forget about the 'hosts' file needing switched from Windows to Unix format. I can send the file already done, or if you have Notepad++ you can just go to Edit > EOL Conversion and do it that way, it's super easy. I did notify thekraven about it too, so maybe it's fixed in his sources already.

Reactions: tdm

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
There's a multirom program being developed but its still experimental :/

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

was being developed. Bigsupersquid needed a break. Idk when he's coming back

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think TDM even has a Windows box, so it shouldn't be an issue if he opens and saves it.

This space intentionally left blank.

Wouldn't it depend on the text editor being used? I imagine any software that was developed halfway decently wouldn't change the "end of line format" (which is the issue on the hosts file) or anything else unless the user specifically asks it to.

bregga

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
ok this is messing up on me when not logged in i get all 400+ pages when i log in i get 194 and none of the new links show on op same pre1's is there any other way to get links to current versions?

bregga

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine is acting opposite it is showing less when logged in and more when logged out this page on my screen is 196 will attach a screen shot

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Some more misc stuff...

I enabled IPv6 netfilter in the kernel. Shouldn't really affect anything but eliminates some logcat errors. Might improve network stats, dunno.

I verified the camera is working in AOSP, I thought someone said it wasn't before.

Been playing around with an recovery-free installer. Almost got it working, but I need to investigate a UI. Maybe the standard recovery UI will suffice, don't know.

Emailed the ROM updater guy. His source is GPL at the moment but he's planning to take it closed source for the next version because he's upset that he didn't get credit from devs using his code in their own projects. I think I'll pass on that and focus on getting rdiff working in my code.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
A /cache and dalvik wipe is sufficient to upgrage CM9 to pre3, right? Also, the hosts file is still in Dos/Windows format. No biggie though. Thanks for adding DSP manager!

dr0shm0e

May 3, 2012
Visit site
ive been using aokp and have been more than satisfied and now i dont know which to try first:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p;):):-$:-$:-$:cool: thank you so much tdm u made my day cant wait to try em all :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty