ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
That's an interesting idea, but I think the naming scheme may be adapted from Ubuntu's naming scheme. They use animal names in alphabetical order. Of course, I'm no expert, so it could be an even older tradition that I'm unaware of.

This space intentionally left blank.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Ha ha, Jellybean. What's up with all of these codenames for Android OS's? Eclair, Froyo, Honeycomb, Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and now Jellybean. What's next, "Android Chocolate"? Someone needs to eat their vegetables.

gangsta coconuts...that's the next one lol :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Anybody had issues with CM9 freezing? I have completely wiped and reflashed literally about 30 times and just can't get it right. Its not just alpha 10 either. Its pre 3 and pre 1 now also. I cann't for the life of me figure it out. I had no problem like this at all with pre 1 or pre 3, and now even they are smackin me. Is there something anyone has added to it to help it out any? I'm guessing memory issue? Now Im actually wondering if it's not my phone because like I said now I have the same issue with other versions that never did this. Not giving up on it...just need help getting it working again.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
What app is everyone using for tethering? The built in one doesn't work and i've tried hotspot widget and hotspot toggle from the market but they don't work either.

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
What app is everyone using for tethering? The built in one doesn't work and i've tried hotspot widget and hotspot toggle from the market but they don't work either.

Yes this is one thing that does need worked out, do we have any idea when the built in tether will be working? Or have any leads to a solution?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes this is one thing that does need worked out, do we have any idea when the built in tether will be working? Or have any leads to a solution?

Hasn't rally been on my radar. It's a pretty sophisticated function and I imagine it's probably not used by very many people. It's against policy and, let's face it, VM data service usually sucks bad enough that you wouldn't want to anyway. I've only done it once in a power outage.

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hasn't rally been on my radar. It's a pretty sophisticated function and I imagine it's probably not used by very many people. It's against policy and, let's face it, VM data service usually sucks bad enough that you wouldn't want to anyway. I've only done it once in a power outage.

See it has uses, I use the tethering a lot actually.

Reactions: Badboytoast

Revenant Ghost

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site

And to make it worse, now you have the data cap to worry about too.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
i get around 60 kb a sec tethering to pc,surfing with opera desktop in turbo mode to cut data use. runs like mini does,opera carries most of data load and transmits compressed pages to you. works well actually. and considering it is mobile internet,the download speeds via tethering arent all that bad. 90-110 kb a sec... its useable and tolerable during a high speed outage with main isp.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Garymeister

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Ha ha, Jellybean. What's up with all of these codenames for Android OS's? Eclair, Froyo, Honeycomb, Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and now Jellybean. What's next, "Android Chocolate"? Someone needs to eat their vegetables.

Key Lime Pie.. Edit: didn't see I was beaten to it already, so here its posted again haha

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
That's something to think about. But either way, tethering is mostly useful during emergencies, such as power outages.

I used the tethering all the time for my tablet, and it was very nice and as fast as browsing on the phone. And I had $25 unlimited data plus tethering, lol. But that's something I can live without if it means keeping my ICS.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
OK I know this has been brought up a while ago, but I can't find the answer, what was that fix everyone was doing to keep their 3g working? I believe it was altering the build.prop. I finally came around to trying this again and I love it. Tdm has done wonders, but my 3g keeps going out still.

sent from my Nokia 5110

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87