ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bashok

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
My phone stopped randomly freezing after I lowered the max cpu to the lowest 800ish setting and my min to the lowest 300ish setting. I would have made the low at its lowest and it would work too but however, I noticed the ROM takes a long while to change from 122mhz to the max so it lags when i start unlocking the phone or swiping the home screen left to right or accessing the phone menus, etc

anon(355783)

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Is CM9 more stable than AOKP? I've been getting way too much reboots especial after I end a call even though my cpu is 480-600.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

bashok

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Is CM9 more stable than AOKP? I've been getting way too much reboots especial after I end a call even though my cpu is 480-600.

i am using CM9 and my phone became stable after i changed my CPU settings to the numbers i mentioned above your post.

Also idk if this has been mentioned before but there is a bug where you can see your pictures in the gallery but if you click on it to see the picture in full screen it says "no thumbnail"

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Ian kind late to this reply but yes I think you should start a new thread when beta stage hits :)
Unless you want to make the longest thread at AC :D

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i am using CM9 and my phone became stable after i changed my CPU settings to the numbers i mentioned above your post.

Also idk if this has been mentioned before but there is a bug where you can see your pictures in the gallery but if you click on it to see the picture in full screen it says "no thumbnail"

gallery has always been buggy... i prefer:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.alensw.PicFolder&hl=en&token=8RhdhlUp
i use it whether running gb or ics... :)

Reactions: droiddekka

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
i am banging my head against the wall trying to get blacked out google apps to flash properly.

google talk is the main one i'm having problems with. if anyone has some simple blacked out APKs that i could just install that would be awesome.

its like whack-a-mole...i get inverted google voice to install...and then the google market disappears.

frowny face.

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
For anyone getting an error message when downloading from Play Store, go to app drawer and hold play store until it goes to home screen, then drag to app info. Now clear its data and cache, restart phone and download 'marketfix' from the hopefully working play store. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem or if its been discussed but this seems to have worked for me.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
i am banging my head against the wall trying to get blacked out google apps to flash properly.

google talk is the main one i'm having problems with. if anyone has some simple blacked out APKs that i could just install that would be awesome.

its like whack-a-mole...i get inverted google voice to install...and then the google market disappears.

frowny face.
Tried these? They work for me, different ICE though. Had to remove PlayStore and Talk first, then boot and flash the inverted ones.

[Inverted]Totally Inverted APPS (updated 6-3 new g+) - Galaxy Nexus Themes - RootzWiki

Reactions: droiddekka

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I may have found what's going on with Deep Sleep mode, it may just have to do with ICS itself rather than just the ROM. On thekraven's Cold As Ice and Quattrimus CM9 (both the latest alphas), both stay locked at minimum CPU regardless of the time the phone spends idle...UNTIL I put it into airplane mode. Then it sleeps as it should.

On CAI I found that BetterBatteryStats reported an MMS Connectivity (or similar, I remember those words) process causing a Partial Wakelock which had apparently lasted for 2 hours, i.e. the whole time it wasn't sleeping. This prompted me to try airplane mode, and voila! Gave it a minute or two and it Deep Slept.

What's strange is, after a reboot there were no extended wakelocks being reported by BBS, yet the phone refused to Deep Sleep unless I put it into airplane mode. Quattrimus has provided identical results, sans the extended wakelocks, which it too is apparently free of.

Anyone have any ideas what could be connected to the cellular connection that's keeping the phone awake? My specs:

CPU: 480/729 SmartassV2
ROM: Quattrimus CM9 10a
Phone: lol LG Optimus V

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
On CAI Zhara found a trick, something on "RIL", if I remember. enable airplane power down pull battery then hold power for 10 seconds or more then power up. Worked until power down or reboot to get deep sleep.

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS linaro alpha 14 & Tapatalk

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I may have found what's going on with Deep Sleep mode, it may just have to do with ICS itself rather than just the ROM. On thekraven's Cold As Ice and Quattrimus CM9 (both the latest alphas), both stay locked at minimum CPU regardless of the time the phone spends idle...UNTIL I put it into airplane mode. Then it sleeps as it should.

On CAI I found that BetterBatteryStats reported an MMS Connectivity (or similar, I remember those words) process causing a Partial Wakelock which had apparently lasted for 2 hours, i.e. the whole time it wasn't sleeping. This prompted me to try airplane mode, and voila! Gave it a minute or two and it Deep Slept.

What's strange is, after a reboot there were no extended wakelocks being reported by BBS, yet the phone refused to Deep Sleep unless I put it into airplane mode. Quattrimus has provided identical results, sans the extended wakelocks, which it too is apparently free of.

Anyone have any ideas what could be connected to the cellular connection that's keeping the phone awake? My specs:

CPU: 480/729 SmartassV2
ROM: Quattrimus CM9 10a
Phone: lol LG Optimus V

If you have a weak signal, it can be your 3g switching back and forth to no connection to 1x to 3g. Try better battery stats again and see what's causing wakelocks. And use logcat. And pastebin so we can see what processes or errors come up while trying to sleep. I will do the same and see if the problems are the same

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
If you have a weak signal, it can be your 3g switching back and forth to no connection to 1x to 3g. Try better battery stats again and see what's causing wakelocks. And use logcat. And pastebin so we can see what processes or errors come up while trying to sleep. I will do the same and see if the problems are the same

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Hmmm...the trick seems to be working somewhat. It Deep Sleeps, but it does so sporadically. Out of about 7 minutes uptime, with most of that time idle, CPU Spy reports only 25% Deep Sleep. This is all without airplane mode on, and with 3G off; I keep 3G off most of the time unless I'm on break or want to check something online quick. MediaScanner service caused a two minute wakelock, but that's to be expected on boot. Regardless, I'll get logcat running and get back to you.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed aokp what CPU setting and gov is the best(sorry don't feel like thumbing through all the pages)

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed aokp what CPU setting and gov is the best(sorry don't feel like thumbing through all the pages)

Well with "Search This Forum" you don't really have to. But generally a 480 base with 729 max and SmartassV2 governor never lets me down.

Also I'm very new to Android development, I ran logcat and here's what came out: I/Adreno ( 1525): ioctl code 0x40140931 (IOCTL_KGSL_TIMESTAMP_EVENT) failed: er - Pastebin.com

I notice there's plenty of adreno errors...that doesn't sound good. Does that have anything to do with hardware acceleration? I know that the GPU is called the Adreno 200.

blizard

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Well with "Search This Forum" you don't really have to. But generally a 480 base with 729 max and SmartassV2 governor never lets me down.

Also I'm very new to Android development, I ran logcat and here's what came out: I/Adreno ( 1525): ioctl code 0x40140931 (IOCTL_KGSL_TIMESTAMP_EVENT) failed: er - Pastebin.com

I notice there's plenty of adreno errors...that doesn't sound good. Does that have anything to do with hardware acceleration? I know that the GPU is called the Adreno 200.

I've been useing aokp since the first alpha Neva messed with set CPU now I'm wat does it change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall