ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
@gannon--- good to see youre back!... i was checking your blog last night to see if there were any goodies... and tada, low and behold, you have returned... nice!... :)

Last edited:

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Maintaining 9 ROMs will be very excessive imo. Things should be streamlined.

Personally, I think adopting thekraven's style would be best moving forward. Dev moving forward for CM9, and have the Optimus S flashable fixes if needed.

Secondly, to satisfy other variants to build, this is where IHO styled development comes in, whereas anyone who would want to pickup building for AOKP/AOSP is open to do so. This has the shakes of build being "unpure", but you are a the mercy of the builder.

In this way, I think it will cut down unneeded time going into trying to do everything. I believe that TDM can focus strictly on CM9 and any OptS fix that is needed (that is, if anyone else chooses not to assist in Optimus S building), ROM Keeper if he chooses to continue that project, and/or the kernel 3.0 he wants to work on. So in essence three things instead of 9 ROMs. Anyone who wishes to build for AOKP/AOSP can do so at their own discretion and maintain those releases.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Maintaining 9 ROMs will be very excessive imo. Things should be streamlined.

Personally, I think adopting thekraven's style would be best moving forward. Dev moving forward for CM9, and have the Optimus S flashable fixes if needed.

Secondly, to satisfy other variants to build, this is where IHO styled development comes in, whereas anyone who would want to pickup building for AOKP/AOSP is open to do so. This has the shakes of build being "unpure", but you are a the mercy of the builder.

In this way, I think it will cut down unneeded time going into trying to do everything. I believe that TDM can focus strictly on CM9 and any OptS fix that is needed (that is, if anyone else chooses not to assist in Optimus S building), ROM Keeper if he chooses to continue that project, and/or the kernel 3.0 he wants to work on. So in essence three things instead of 9 ROMs. Anyone who wishes to build for AOKP/AOSP can do so at their own discretion and maintain those releases.

He will not be maintaining 9 roms. He is just setting up all of the source and there are a lit of people willing to do builds.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
@tdm hey have you looked at Linaro i read that it improves performance on arm devices in ICS.
http://www.androidcentral.com/linaro-shows-big-improvements-android-404-arm-optimization

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Yes thanks, it's definitely going to be exciting to see those improvements. The article says that CM9 and AOKP will both be merging the changes. Don't know the exact timeline though. I'll probably not merge the changes into AOSP, unless there is a significant contingent of AOSP users and the merge is straightforward.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Isn't doing it for me? Must be because I own the file... who knows. But now I have 15 different apktool files zips ;)

My bad. When I tried, I fetched the "top" url and extracted the "deep" url out of the page. The HTML returned in the "top" url started giving me a captcha after a couple fetches.

I would be very leery of publishing a link to a mediafire "deep" url. I did a quick scan of their ToS and I don't see anything that explicitly forbids it. But I'm sure they would not appreciate it. It avoids any content distribution logic and thwarts their ability to throw ads at users. It would not surprise me if they deleted the file and/or suspended your account if they detect you doing it.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes thanks, it's definitely going to be exciting to see those improvements. The article says that CM9 and AOKP will both be merging the changes. Don't know the exact timeline though. I'll probably not merge the changes into AOSP, unless there is a significant contingent of AOSP users and the merge is straightforward.

I just seen a very recent commit that AOKP pulled in creating it's own fork of prebuilt files, but then it disappeared. Must have had problems.

Reactions: tdm

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, and I'm ecstatic that he is. He and I had a great talk yesterday and it's definitely beneficial to all of us that he is. So, consider the hatchet buried, hands shaken, and lots of good things moving forward.

Gannon's back and ice cream sandwich development is going to take off with tdm teaming with people to build.

Life is good.

Compeek

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
TDM, have you considered just using Dropbox? I guess the main concern would be using up the 2 GB of free storage quickly, but I don't believe there are bandwidth limits.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
TDM, have you considered just using Dropbox? I guess the main concern would be using up the 2 GB of free storage quickly, but I don't believe there are bandwidth limits.

That's one of the fastest known ways to get your dropbox account suspended.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Quick question.... got phone back to stock recovery, means it is unrooted and all I need to do is make sure I factory reset it before I send it on its way, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001