ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Guys, you need to be flashing the update.zip TWICE. Once in a custom recovery and once in the stock recovery. Custom recoveries will not write the actual radio.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...ow-flash-zv9-update-technically-challeng.html
Process:
Stage 1
1) Reboot into recovery. Check your current recovery version. If you have CWMT or MultiBoot you will need to change it, or this WILL brick your phone. Use Flash Image GUI (or the BACKside updater if you're running BACKside - thanks Jerry, you rock!) to flash Bobzhome's recovery.
2) Go to Backup and Restore, choose Backup.
3) Once done, click back to the main menu. Choose apply update from sd.
4) Once that is done, choose reboot system now.
5) Your phone may or may not boot at this point - don't panic! If it doesn't boot, just pull the battery, then boot back into recovery. If it did boot up, reboot into recovery anyway!
6) Choose factory reset/wipe data.
7) Choose apply update from sd (yes, again.)
8) Once done, reboot to system.
9) The phone should boot up to the stock rom. You can verify the radio version now by Menu-Settings-About Phone-Baseband Version. It should end in ZV9. If not, stop. Return to step 3, and repeat.

(devs, put me in my place if I'm wrong here -->) There is a simple string inside a file that lists a baseband version, and this is where the ROMs will pull it from. This file is in a /system folder, which is writable by any recovery, so it could be very well saying ZV9 without having written the actual update to the radio. Also, when checking the "Software Version" after flashing the stock, it probably says ZV9, but this doesn't mean your actual baseband has changed.

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You're right, sorry, i saw the post and commented on it. We do need to stick to the thread topic.

Truth. I actually forgot what thread I was in. x_x Honestly though, I don't really feel right with just sitting by and letting another user be given misinformation [unintentionally, of course], and didn't see the conversation continuing after that.

On topic: Is anyone running AOSP? I kept trying it out, and it was so nice and clean, but it turns out that I like the -idea- more of it than the execution. I missed things like status bar brightness control and the expanded power menu.

anon(793715)

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Truth. I actually forgot what thread I was in. x_x Honestly though, I don't really feel right with just sitting by and letting another user be given misinformation [unintentionally, of course], and didn't see the conversation continuing after that.

On topic: Is anyone running AOSP? I kept trying it out, and it was so nice and clean, but it turns out that I like the -idea- more of it than the execution. I missed things like status bar brightness control and the expanded power menu.

Same. I've got used to the extra tweaks from CM7 and found AOSP to be too bare for my tastes. I've been using the latest AOKP since the release date, and it's stable enough to keep me happy for now.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
You're right, sorry, i saw the post and commented on it. We do need to stick to the thread topic.

No worries it happens. We just gotta recognize it when it starts and get back to business. Plus that way we can keep the cluter down for the noobs and they don't get confused. Cause we were all there before :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: rebel69ization

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I can't live with the 3G out if on Wifi.

Can anyone confirm this?

" If you connect to wifi, 3G doesn't stay fully connected. "

I get txt late when on.wifi.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ctalkington

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm busy setting up nightly builds. I should be done in the next couple days.

I'll be making the nighties available exclusively on romkeeper due to bandwidth concerns, and make full beta releases when the code looks stable(ish). Testers will probably have a major say in that decision.

I've lined up two dedicated hosts for downloads (or own leslieann and ctalkington). I might also provide some bandwidth, but not much. I hope nobody will need to use mediafire ... It's a great site but its a pain for romkeeper because of the requirement to open a browser.

I'm not too worried about bandwidth can handle 500+ GB per month easy.

Reactions: tdm

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't live with the 3G out if on Wifi.

Can anyone confirm this?

" If you connect to wifi, 3G doesn't stay fully connected. "

I get txt late when on.wifi.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I have no problems with that. The only 3g issue with this rom is when you come off airplane mode, you have to toggle enable data for 3g to work again. You can try wiping cache and dalvik, and reflashing the rom, or doing a full clean install.

sent from my Nokia 5110

dja041687

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Txting shouldn't be a problem with 3g off because Txting relies on 1x data which you always have as long as you have service where you are at. Now mms is a different story but who sends pics all day. Wifi does seem to put 3g to sleep but I consider it a good thing because while I'm moving my 3g flips on for the ride, and when I get where I'm going wifi kicks in and I don't have to interfere at all. Instant batt savings.

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Are you going to be uploading nighties to RomKeeper? Curious how you'll know if the Rom you have installed has an update. "Rom List Updated" will show, but when you click on say CM9 it says present and no other new rom has been added to the list. Should you go ahead and install? Just curious, thanks for the hard work.

Garymeister

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
These forum pages fill fast, 2-4 pages a day. I don't check regularly, but I have a couple questions: are the updates being pushed through RomKeeper first or will they be posted in a new thread as well? and are there now select individuals who are allowed to test these updates before release? I am just not sure how everything is organized and structured now that there's a "team" and more projects being worked on. Thanks for clarification, anyone :)

dja041687

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
And I qoute TDM

"I'm busy setting up nightly builds. I should be done in the next couple days.

I'll be making the nighties available exclusively on romkeeper due to bandwidth concerns, and make full beta releases when the code looks stable(ish). Testers will probably have a major say in that decision.

I've lined up two dedicated hosts for downloads (or own leslieann and ctalkington). I might also provide some bandwidth, but not much. I hope nobody will need to use mediafire ... It's a great site but its a pain for romkeeper because of the requirement to open a browser"

Yea this was kinda hard to find but heres some info on nightlies

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilovefarts

blizard

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I was having alot of problems useing aokp then I accidently formatted my SD now it runs like a dream no problems since hope this helps sum1

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I was having alot of problems useing aokp then I accidently formatted my SD now it runs like a dream no problems since hope this helps sum1

It does actually help kinda. I formated my card then did a sd-ext partition and now its running well. I just wish netflix would work..

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
It does actually help kinda. I formated my card then did a sd-ext partition and now its running well. I just wish netflix would work..

Gotta ? When y'all formatted the SD card did you use your phone to do it or use the computer. Also did you take what was needed off first ie roms, cwm, etc and put them back on the SD card. Thanks for the info

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Back up all your stuff you want to keep on your PC. Format the card in recovery on the phone, mount USB storage to copy the rom / gapps zips to your SD card along with anything you backed up, flash and enjoy. :)

Reactions: inceyet
Status
Not open for further replies.