ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
HI, so I've got everything setup to compile cm9 but when i go to brunch VM670 it says it cant find kernel sources. where should i get them or atleast a prebuilt kernel?if possible. thanks, sorry if this is a noobie question. I'm fairly new to android rom development, but knowledgable with various coding languages. also any and all of my code will be shared here and on github for you all. i really like this rom and at the moment have no interest in starting a rom of my own, just in case you were wondering about my forks from your github ;p

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I just ran out of space installing gapps. That could be a problem...

To get around this:

1. Flash the ROM in recovery
2. Run "adb shell" and execute these commands:
Code:
mount /system
rm /system/app/SwagPapers.apk
umount /system
3. Flash gapps

Hope that helps...

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Same here..

Also.. On alarms it fc and when I opened back up the ringtone froze saying "
Loading Ringtone "
Then closed again.

But man oh man its nice... Love the clocks.

Clock FC is usually a sign of a dirty install. do a clean install, or at least clear data for the clock app.

Reactions: poweredge99

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
HI, so I've got everything setup to compile cm9 but when i go to brunch VM670 it says it cant find kernel sources. where should i get them or atleast a prebuilt kernel?if possible. thanks, sorry if this is a noobie question. I'm fairly new to android rom development, but knowledgable with various coding languages. also any and all of my code will be shared here and on github for you all. i really like this rom and at the moment have no interest in starting a rom of my own, just in case you were wondering about my forks from your github ;p

Use github.com/tdm/GingerKernel-thunderc. I should probably fork that to github.com/thunderc.

I'll be posting a local-manifest.xml and that audio patch tomorrow.

Reactions: vB396530

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Use github.com/tdm/GingerKernel-thunderc. I should probably fork that to github.com/thunderc.

I'll be posting a local-manifest.xml and that audio patch tomorrow.

yeah i checked my phone and noticed gk and then checked that to double check the version numbers. just wasnt sure, thanks again :)

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I just ran out of space installing gapps. That could be a problem...

To get around this:

1. Flash the ROM in recovery
2. Run "adb shell" and execute these commands:
Code:
mount /system
rm /system/app/SwagPapers.apk
umount /system
3. Flash gapps

Hope that helps...
that's odd, i flashed gapps fine but had the same issues as everyone else. Nothing in the market would install. But, wow its fast with no OC or anything...tried data, nothing would connect on 3g. wifi connected fine, but I still couldnt go anywhere?
So, sadly I couldnt test much :(

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you guys should try the market fix app...I had problems with quattrimus with some weird errors, got Eris market fix, rebooted into recovery and wiped dalvik and /cache, no more errors, I know you guys are talking about aokp, but maybe it will work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

vB396530

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok as of now

First if u have everything on meaning WiFi,GPS, Network & Bluetooth if go in airplane mode the phone hard resets someone mentioned this already but if it's plugged in doesn't start :'(right so you start it won't start until you restart it again.

Secondly if your phone is charging & you restart the phones battery percentage changes by at least 7% each time you restart jumps up & down

Thirdly keyboard still laggy still little high no worries using Swype

Fourths when connected to Bluetooth headset hearing music while screen is off sometimes it lags I have stereo plantronic top of line

5 GPS,WiFi & back button a little slow & lags

Fresh installation still same :'(
CM9

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok as of now

First if u have everything on meaning WiFi,GPS, Network & Bluetooth if go in airplane mode the phone hard resets someone mentioned this already but if it's plugged in doesn't start :'(right so you start it won't start until you restart it again.

Secondly if your phone is charging & you restart the phones battery percentage changes by at least 7% each time you restart jumps up & down

Thirdly keyboard still laggy still little high no worries using Swype

Fourths when connected to Bluetooth headset hearing music while screen is off sometimes it lags I have stereo plantronic top of line

5 GPS,WiFi & back button a little slow & lags

Fresh installation still same :'(
CM9

I don't use swype and I haven't tested most of the other errors but I can confirm the issue with powering on/restarting while plugged in; rather than restarting the device goes to the charging screen (little creepy at first lol), this is on CM9 and AOKP (expected as they use the same hardware setup yes?)

Edit: I should note that I am using the LS670 version.

vB396530

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Unable to boot into recovery after installing cm9 beta1pre3.

I didn't list this but have same problem
Let me explain from power menu it won't go into recovery have to do key press from off to get recovery while plugged in it crashes I should've mentioned this first totally slipped my mind tired

Goodnight AC

Last edited:

jnow2

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
AOKP for Opti-S. Formatted boot, system, data, cache, and wiped dalvick. Flashed debug-system format.zip, then flashed AOKP b1p1 and gapps. SMS/MMS works (sending and receiving), phone works, wifi connects but as reported no downloads (no downloads on 3G either). Able to set up my email accounts so data must be working....didn't think to test in browser before I nanded back to CM9. Stock camera fc's.

The issues I reported earlier with CM9 b1p3 ended up being related to changing my lcd density. The only remaining issue I have with CM9 is the forced reboot after shutting down BT. Everything else runs like a champ!

unknownsoldierx

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a couple small annoyances. Sorry if they've been mentioned before. Quite often, I'll see the internal storage calculation go crazy.

Also, I use the WeatherBug Elite app. On BACKside CM7, the notification was bright white like it's supposed to be. In Quattrimus, the icon is grey and the font is too small. When the notification first appears on boot, for a split second, it is the correct color and size. Not sure if this is a CM9 bug or a bug in the app.

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Cannibal open touch recovery: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1859176
Download the image
Rename it to recovery.img
Put in root of your sdcard
Open terminal and type:
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
reboot recovery
Youll then be booted into cannibal open touch recovery ;)

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
(Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)

Or use flash image gui, easier

Reactions: droiddekka
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty