ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNameFace

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Mines fine. Idk if the zv9 update would help you or not. I didn't do it because I've heard so much bad things about it. But personally mine is alright.

It's not the call volume that the ZV9 attempts to fix. It's the call quality. ;)

Bout the only thing bad I've read about the update is rebooting on text sends, but to my understanding there's a few kernels that fix that (PM me if anyone has more info on this. I don't wanna derail this thread.).

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't get it do I not flash aokp I really wanna but the OP says its broken I'm confuzzled:D:p[/URL]

AOKP is freaking awesome...if you want to try it, use the alpha 10 build (i think its still in romkeeper)

you will DEFINITELY want to create an sd-ext partition (1gb) for maximum stability. im using alpha10 as my DD and the only gripe i have is that accessing the phone dialer randomly causes a soft reboot.

Reactions: dzdzjb

m3rkman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
how did they get hardware acceleration working? did qualcomm come through and release the omx drivers?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Integrating gmail as a system app with titanium backup seems to at least help for me. Only been a day but I haven't seen the problem crop up since I did that.. No idea if it actually does help or not though, I saw someone tried it so gave it a shot myself

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
how do I delete the drmserver?
(Noob status but almost a amateur)
If you have to ask, choose the wait option. :)
Cocky fellow here:) I need to know!
The answer is to just wait :p

In short: be patient and wait.

And if you would rather not be patient, ask Google, practice using ADB, and read up on how to build Android. The information is all out there, but the very small number of people who follow this thread who can give you the quick-ish (and hack-ish) answers are busy trying to figure out better ways to make AOKP stable and functional on our phones (i.e., without having to resort to hacks like deleting system files that disable the use of Market). Let them do their business and have their fun playing in the Android sandboxes, and in the meantime Quattrimus CM9 is pretty dang stable.

Reactions: jnow2

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
how did they get hardware acceleration working? did qualcomm come through and release the omx drivers?

I need to know this also

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Start coding! :D

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...rom-alpha-quattrimus-ics-170.html#post1869642

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...rom-alpha-quattrimus-ics-173.html#post1872300

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...rom-alpha-quattrimus-ics-175.html#post1874903

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Just installed the ROM. So far, so good, though I'm wrestling a bit with Link2SD (what else is new?). Doesn't seem to get alomg with that one and Titanium backup. Lots of force closing of apps.

One thing this ROM definitely needs is a built-in file explorer.

Last edited:

Shryvone12

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
In short: be patient and wait.

And if you would rather not be patient, ask Google, practice using ADB, and read up on how to build Android. The information is all out there, but the very small number of people who follow this thread who can give you the quick-ish (and hack-ish) answers are busy trying to figure out better ways to make AOKP stable and functional on our phones (i.e., without having to resort to hacks like deleting system files that disable the use of Market). Let them do their business and have their fun playing in the Android sandboxes, and in the meantime Quattrimus CM9 is pretty dang stable.
agree it is and okay*-*

m3rkman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

that really doesn't answer the question lol did the devs figure out how to make a wrapper for the gb drivers? just curious as to how they hardware acceleration is working on the beta build

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
that really doesn't answer the question lol did the devs figure out how to make a wrapper for the gb drivers? just curious as to how they hardware acceleration is working on the beta build

No, they have not, and likely never will.

Hardware acceleration DOES NOT WORK.

It means hardware acceleration has a snow ball chance in hell of working on this phone, since qualcomm will not write the omx drivers and will not release the closed source programing necessary to get them to work. You have a better chance of winning $100 million in the lottery.

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
No, they have not, and likely never will.

Hardware acceleration DOES NOT WORK.

It means hardware acceleration has a snow ball chance in hell of working on this phone, since qualcomm will not write the omx drivers and will not release the closed source programing necessary to get them to work. You have a better chance of winning $100 million in the lottery.

are you saying i'm NEVER going to be able to watch netflix or play TINYzoo on my ice cream sammich phone?

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
guys, the ics build for the nook color uses a FROYO kernel. im sure there is some way to get it working. the devs just need to find it. now quit posting off topic.

Reactions: m3rkman

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
are you saying i'm NEVER going to be able to watch netflix or play TINYzoo on my ice cream sammich phone?

Probably never, yes. We're using a phone that is, for all practical purposes, no longer being sold in stores, and the developers in charge of writing drivers for our hardware are not interested in porting drivers to newer operating systems (e.g., ICS). Community developers may take up the slack, but that could take awhile; if too many community developers move on to newer phones before they get around to porting the graphics drivers to ICS, we may never get the fancy graphics support on our OVs.

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Probably never, yes. We're using a phone that is, for all practical purposes, no longer being sold in stores, and the developers in charge of writing drivers for our hardware are not interested in porting drivers to newer operating systems (e.g., ICS). Community developers may take up the slack, but that could take awhile; if too many community developers move on to newer phones before they get around to porting the graphics drivers to ICS, we may never get the fancy graphics support on our OVs.

why do netflix and tinyzoo work on cm7, and not cm9??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch