ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnow2

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
One thing this ROM needs though is a built-in file explorer. Tough reloading Titanium Backup without redownloading from market.

Use TiBu to create an update.zip (though I use the option to name it titanium-backup.zip) that gets placed on root of SD. That way you don't have to re-download every ref lash of rom.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, thanks to tdm's libaudio patch I was able to compile my updated version of wpa_supplicant to enable adhoc support. This will let your phone connect to other adhoc wireless networks.

Example: your 3g has bad reception and theres no wifi around, have your friend turn on his adhoc wifi hotspot on his phone, and you can connect to it. Adhoc networks will say (adhoc) next to their name. works for cm9.

Note it is the default cm9 wpa_supplicant v6 that tdm used in his build, so it should work with any cm9 rom that uses the default wpa_supplicant v6

Instructions:
1. make a backup of /system/bin/wpa_supplicant
2. Turn wifi connection off
3. copy the new version into /system/bin
4. turn wifi connection on

Source:
https://github.com/Blackhive/android_external_wpa_supplicant_6

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

As above. Froyo and Gingerbread have been available for these phones for a long time now and Qualcomm released the drivers. ICS is new, our phones are not current, out of stock in many places, and Qualcomm is not going to write drivers for deprecated hardware.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Just to let those of you that are using AOKP beta1 pre1, neither of these will work on it, instead, you can either use PowerAmp:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.maxmpz.audioplayer&hl=en&token=JnQKhlSr

or flash to the CM9 beta1 pre3.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Just installed the ROM. So far, so good, though I'm wrestling a bit with Link2SD (what else is new?). Doesn't seem to get alomg with that one and Titanium backup. Lots of force closing of apps.

One thing this ROM definitely needs is a built-in file explorer.

Yeah, Link2SD does not work on any Quattrimus because it is built in. No app needed. One of the very cool things that tdm does for us.

As for the built in file explorer; I use Balancer Launcher, which has a file explorer built into it. Very nice launcher, and free.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm aware that AOKP is broken, however, it is functional(just with market, media, and a few other things aren't functioning). I still use it, cause i can live without the market, and PowerAmp is the only media player that works more so than others. (WinAmp is the only other one that partially works on AOKPb1p1)

I think it has something to do with Power Amp not using the built in media client that is in the ROM. (and broken in AOKPb1p1).

Powmining

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if someone could help me.. I have the LG Vortex (VS660) and the 3G/service keeps flashing to 1 or 2 bars then goes to no service at all and starts flashing going crazy again. I tried putting it in airplane mode and turning data off but still it wont work :(

jensonco

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if someone could help me.. I have the LG Vortex (VS660) and the 3G/service keeps flashing to 1 or 2 bars then goes to no service at all and starts flashing going crazy again. I tried putting it in airplane mode and turning data off but still it wont work :(

Um...correct me if I'm wrong....but this ROM was designed for the LG Optimus V (LG670) and the LG Optimus S (LS670).

If however, you are having problems with your phone and have not flashed this ROM onto it, I suggest taking this to another thread as this thread deals with Quattrimus ICS ROM.

Reactions: rebel69ization

Revenant Ghost

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Um...correct me if I'm wrong....but this ROM was designed for the LG Optimus V (LG670) and the LG Optimus S (LS670).

If however, you are having problems with your phone and have not flashed this ROM onto it, I suggest taking this to another thread as this thread deals with Quattrimus ICS ROM.

Actually, Quattrimus supports the LG Vortex too. Read the OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: rebel69ization

inyourface09

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Umm i know I'm not suppose to ask, and its been my main topic for the last couple of days, but when do you think tethering/hotspots will be fully functional @tdm sorry for asking

Status
Not open for further replies.