Operation KRUSH KOUSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
There's the problem right there.

You want a fix, but you don't use the proper channels to report a bug or submit a fix.

as I just stated, I dont use github! and I didnt read your guide, I have no interest in porting CWM as we already have working ports! You were contacted about this a year ago on google plus by eollie and we know you saw it! all we want you to do is at least post a working recovery on rom manager. Hell, you can even use the one BobZhome built. would you like a link to it?

koush

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
as I just stated, I dont use github! and I didnt read your guide, I have no interest in porting CWM as we already have working ports! You were contacted about this a year ago on google plus by eollie and we know you saw it! all we want you to do is at least post a working recovery on rom manager. Hell, you can even use the one BobZhome built. would you like a link to it?

Yes, please add the relevant links to the github issue.

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey koush and sellers, you should watch you language (even censored)

Mods got mad at me for calling someone a f****** genious (that is exactly how I typed it)

Mods, if you edit my post, edit theirs too. I couldn't figure out how to say what I typed without actually typing it or making it less censored. And please only edit my post if you can do so in a way that conveys the EXACT same meaning. If you can't, just delete it.

Last edited:

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
There's the problem right there.

You want a fix, but you don't use the proper channels to report a bug or submit a fix.

Koush, I appreciate you joining the conversation here. We know that you are a busy person, as many have stated in this thread, so thank you for taking the time to come to us.

I understand that had we could have resolved this long ago had we used the proper channels. But you have to understand that the majority of us here are simply phone users, with little or no development knowledge. In fact, I imagine that many here don't even know what github is.

Given the fact that your app, ROM Manager, exists for the very purpose of simplifying the process of installing custom recoveries and ROMs, you must know that a great deal of your customers use your app because they don't know how to use ADB or terminal commands, and probably don't know much about github either.

I'm not sure how times you've been contacted about the situation with the Optimus V, but have you even once directed any of those who have inquired to github? I don't recall hearing or reading any conversations in which someone brought this issue to your attention, and then you told them to address the issue through github. I could of course be wrong about this, and I apologize in advance if this is the case.

Honestly though, some of the ... that has occurred in this thread is justified. People have purchased your app, which appears to be compatible with their phone, and which allows them to install a recovery which is not necessarily compatible with their phone, and then are denied a refund. That's a perfectly legitimate complaint, and to call it ... is contemptible. I imagine it's possible that some part of the refund process may be out of your control, but if that is the case, it's still not right to come here and address them in the manner you chose.

So let's all lay this petty ... aside and get this problem fixed. That is and always has been the intent of this thread, and now that we're finally getting somewhere, let's all be civil and concentrate on a solution.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey koush and sellers, you should watch you language (even censored)

Mods got mad at me for calling someone a f****** genious (that is exactly how I typed it)

Mods, if you edit my post, edit theirs too. I couldn't figure out how to say what I typed without actually typing it or making it less censored.

Feel free to edit mine as well cole2kb, I felt that some emphasis was needed, but you do what you need to.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

So you're saying I can build the touch version of CWM from the official repository? Wrong. I can't, because the source is NOT published.

You clearly misinterpreted what I said.

That said, it's great that you are willing to help resolve this issue (though personally I will still recommend abstaining from ROM Manager because I've heard of it causing other issues, but that's not the point) and I do admire the work you have done for the community.

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even know there was an official touch version till I looked at rommanagermanifest and saw the references to it. Confused me because I didn't see the source

Reactions: sellers86

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Tvall, your post stays as is, because honestly, it's a perfect example of what NOT to do, and this thread is going away as soon as the issue is resolved.

Other than that, I've had a pair of days from hell, hence my lack of presence, so I'm just going to leave this here and hope you guys get the picture.

Foul Language - Android Central is a site used by people of all ages, so please keep posts, usernames, and links family appropriate. We use software filters to block variations of profanity and will not tolerate attempts (i.e. use of special characters) to circumvent these filters. Feel free to curse like a sailor at your home, not ours.

Reactions: flapjack.fiasco

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Tvall, your post stays as is, because honestly, it's a perfect example of what NOT to do, and this thread is going away as soon as the issue is resolved.

Other than that, I've had a pair of days from hell, hence my lack of presence, so I'm just going to leave this here and hope you guys get the picture.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Um... roms but no recovery? No comprendo...
Yeah, I know it sounds weird.
No rom has been released, but I have one ready to go if/when it gets a recovery. So far it has proven quite hassle to build a recovery for. LG locked it down good.

I bought my mom one of them, so I have been toying with it a bit.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Apologies to all. I'll self edit, emotions were running a bit high.

EDIT: I didn't even read my post. Apparently you already took care of it. Thanks cole2kb, and again, I'm sorry about that.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Koush is still working on getting a good recovery.

I have it booting, but it doesn't want to mount the sdcard..

Are you porting 2.2 there are mounting issues with it. Usually rebooting recovery fixes it. 2.11 was more solid. It might be a better starting point

sent from my Nokia 5110

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo