ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WobbleTheHutt

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Does WiFi tethering work with this?

I am running RevolutionRed's ROM + Kernel package and WiFi tethering doesn't work with it.

Would love to try this out if it can get me that functionality again.

Thanks

buh? news to me, its hidden but if you grab a free widget or use any cut to make a link to the settings its fully working in Rev's 2.2 stock build its my default restore backup :)

and no neither tether is working right now but PDA net works fine and benches acordingly

munkyvirus

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to switch to the regular Gingerbread launcher? I am not a fan of ADW. I would post this on xda but apparently I'm not smart enough to post.

idbl_fanatic

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to switch to the regular Gingerbread launcher? I am not a fan of ADW. I would post this on xda but apparently I'm not smart enough to post.

I would ASSuME that the stock launcher is still there, as it is needed, you cannot get rid of it. so if you uninstalled ADW it SHOULD resort back to the stock. Use the Stock app remover, that way you can back it up

psygn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
buh? news to me, its hidden but if you grab a free widget or use any cut to make a link to the settings its fully working in Rev's 2.2 stock build its my default restore backup :)

and no neither tether is working right now but PDA net works fine and benches acordingly

I see the connection as AP Android and I can connect to it, but I can't access any sites or anything through it. It tells me something like limited Internet connection. However, I am able to use 3G data on the phone itself.

How would I go about to fix this problem?

kba712

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey...I just flashed this. Everything works great. But I am having problems with the headphone controls. They don't seem to work with any of the music apps. Also there is no sound through the headphones when making or receiving a call but works fine with music.

Any ideas how to fix this.

Cheers
Bri

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I see the connection as AP Android and I can connect to it, but I can't access any sites or anything through it. It tells me something like limited Internet connection. However, I am able to use 3G data on the phone itself.

How would I go about to fix this problem?

This is a problem on most roms.
Connect, then wait a minute or two and it may connect completely.

munkyvirus

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I would ASSuME that the stock launcher is still there, as it is needed, you cannot get rid of it. so if you uninstalled ADW it SHOULD resort back to the stock. Use the Stock app remover, that way you can back it up

No, that's a bad idea. There is no launcher2.apk to load up in ADW's place. I am going back to zefie's for now.

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey...I just flashed this. Everything works great. But I am having problems with the headphone controls. They don't seem to work with any of the music apps. Also there is no sound through the headphones when making or receiving a call but works fine with music.

Any ideas how to fix this.

Cheers
Bri

Reflash, I flashed it twice already and both times everythin stated worked perfectly, including headphones.

kba712

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Headset control

Reflash, I flashed it twice already and both times everythin stated worked perfectly, including headphones.

Thanks for the quick reply. I went ahead and flashed it twice both fresh installs and still the same problem. The play button on the stock headset doesnt control the music playback and headphones doesnt work. Is it anything I am doing wrong? I followed pretty much the exact instructions on the wiki page. Than you

Cheers
Brian

Reactions: fgullama

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. Glad you're enjoying aosp's rom. Sorry I haven't been able to get on here much.

Anyway I'm on fossnet irc a lot. if you want quicker help/discussion join the live help link in the OP. I've also made a room #OptimusV to help organize as #aospbot gets super full at times. Just ping me if I'm not there, hopefully I can help clear up any issues or atleast point you in the right direction.

I'm not a dev by no means and take no credit for this great rom.

OptimusV @Fossnet Webchat

Official aospCmod discussion @Fossnet Webchat

blaqbird

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Got it up and running on my V. No major issues to report really. For those that OC, if you don't know already there is an option to set the Max/Min CPU speed. There's also some governor options though I'm not familiar with it at all. This is my first foray into Cyanogen and I'm loving it so far.

androidsamurai

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Excellent...

Already thanked aosp over at XDA, but wanted to post here as well.

All features are working for me except for mms(We already knew that) and this thing is QUICK! I have not had any issues except for a little heat when playing games while charging. Currently overclocked at 864Mhz with no stability issues.

Little word of advice for the ones who DO overclock. Set the governor to ondemand for the best performance to battery life ratio...

Reactions: citizeninsane89

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes... definitely use the governers...

I do not yet use this rom, but here is what I use for set cpu profiles:

Main screen:

max: (whatever your phone can handle)
min: 245

scaling - on demand, set at boot (once you know your phone is not going to get hot or reboot)

Profiles:

screen off:

100 priority, min and max at 245, on demand

charging:

95 priority, 600 max, 245 min, on demand

temp > 40 C:

90 priority, 480 max, 245 min, on demand

battery < 15%:

80 priority, 480 max, 245 min, on demand

ADVANCED tab:

sampling rate 50000
up threshold 40
ignore nice 0
powersave bias 0

These work great for me.

In conjunction with my sipdroid settings and usage of y5 battery saver (to use wifi instead of 3g in places I sit most of the day; like work and home where I have wifi), I get 2% battery usage per hour when the phone is idle.

I still have the strange 'bug' where in the battery statistics it says I am without signal for 50% of the time... investigating that one still.

gourd

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
try cycling in and out of airplane mode whenever you boot? otherwise there's evidently another way around that but I can't find it right now- it's the same bug that shortens the battery life of some EVOs

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
try cycling in and out of airplane mode whenever you boot? otherwise there's evidently another way around that but I can't find it right now- it's the same bug that shortens the battery life of some EVOs

I ended up loading an app from xda forums that does this automatically at first power on boot, and it seems to be working...

I just didnt know if there was a real fix for this on a software level inside the rom or kernel.

I'm glad there is a workaround though.

Cheers

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I waited and it worked. I should've known better, but I guess impatience got the best of me. :p

I did the exact same thing.
While I may be impatient at times, it does take longer than other systems to connect.Usually once a system connects, it takes seconds for it to get online, not so here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non