ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site
So I want to give aosp a try but I've been wondering what does and doesn't work. I've heard mms now works but I'm wondering what as off the latest build doesn't.

slyr114

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
blutooth doesnt work, and the camera auto focus is not built in but has a flashable fix! mms works fine now, battery life is great idk what else to say really!

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok, one question. If I'm using the xionia .6 recovery, can I still download this from rom manager? I don't know how rom manager works, so sorry for the noob question.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Don't use ROM Manager until the manifests are fixed.

If and when they are, it will be posted in this thread. Until then, download from one of the many direct links posted in this thead (search for MMSFIXED for the latest build). You will also need the gapps zip file linked in the OP. Put both on your sdcard, then boot into recovery, make a back up, then wipe cache and dalvik cache, then flash the ROM then gapps, then reboot.

MrHyde03

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
i've loaded this one two different times now using xionia .4 and each time i have not been able to configure individual ringtones for my contacts. i mean, it lets me assign a custom ringer but the custom ringer doesn't work. is this a known bug or is it just me?

darkesthour89

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Just switched to this from RodimusROM last night. After installing Go Launcher, fighting to get Swype working, and getting to a stable OC, I must say this is one hell of a ROM. Very snappy, customizable, and simply a much better android experience. Glad I made the switch, I'll probably be sticking with this ROM for quite a while. Thanks to all the users and devs here that helped me make this happen!

*EDIT Also, meant to ask what is a safe temperature range for this device? Clocks are 806 Max, 600 Min and the device stays around 35 celsius

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
It as been working for a while. I use xionia cwma recovery version .4 to flash. Get the gapps from the first page of the post. Download that and the rom from the link below. Make sure you wipe everything unless sauteing from a previous version of aosp. Then just flash the rom, flash the gapps.zip. reboot and enjoy. Last I checked the zoom and auto focus on the camera was still borked, and the Bluetooth doesn't work right. Everything should be good to go (mms included).

aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip

I got tired of all the soft bricked phones form people trying to use Rom manager to install this. I've helped a few of them back from the brink, and really wish people would trying to use this method. Until aosp starts posting a direct download please direct people wanting to use this rom here for the easiest and brick free method. Aside from that, the xionia cwma .4 version is compatible with all the roms for our phone, so there is need to go switching recoveries for each rom.

Last edited:

MrHyde03

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
k so it stopped working again. lol idk. after it worked once, everybody was coming in with the 1 persons ringtone. may try flashing again to see what happens. I have all the right files including the camera focus fix from another thread. I'll flash it again.

just so i'm clear..
what all do i have to wipe? (or should wipe?) I've not had any problems before just want to make sure. Thanks.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You're right, I missed that one. You can't set individual ringtones. If you still want to install it, wipe cache, data, dalvik cache (under advanced). Also it's a good idea to go mounts and storage, then format system, data, boot, and cache just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87