ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a newbie question....I was wondering if I would like to update my phone with the updated ROMS whats the best way to do this? Can I just flash over mine and not wipe anything? Do I need to reinstall everything? Do I just install the new zip or update? Thanks :-\

I hate doing this....BUMP..thx:-\

duke_4386

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I hate doing this....BUMP..thx:-\

yea, you gotta erase everything off your phone.

What I did was make a Titanium Backup of everything, then once in the new ROM I installed Titanium Backup from the market first and restore individual apps+ data.

Make sure you don't restore any system settings from the old ROM into the new one.

Contact storage and SMS storage are where Contacts and old messages are, so that is fine to restore as well.

Ask if you got anymore questions.

Reactions: ashton4life

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
His instructions say you do not have to wipe unless you want to. I have not tried it yet. I would prefer not to wipe everything if I didn't have to.

goetting

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I just tried this build, and did a search for the voice button... but just wanted to note, that the voice button on the side of the phone is acting like the power button. I can't tell the phone to call anyone or say "Open clock" or anything like that. Was wondering if anyone had the same issue? Other then that this ROM kicks butt!

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I just tried this build, and did a search for the voice button... but just wanted to note, that the voice button on the side of the phone is acting like the power button. I can't tell the phone to call anyone or say "Open clock" or anything like that. Was wondering if anyone had the same issue? Other then that this ROM kicks butt!

It's not an "issue". It's just how the voice key is mapped in this ROM. It's like that for everyone.

Reactions: goetting

duke_4386

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
yea, you gotta erase everything off your phone.

What I did was make a Titanium Backup of everything, then once in the new ROM I installed Titanium Backup from the market first and restore individual apps+ data.

Make sure you don't restore any system settings from the old ROM into the new one.

Contact storage and SMS storage are where Contacts and old messages are, so that is fine to restore as well.

Ask if you got anymore questions.

sorry, thought you were talking about coming from stock.

takehull

Hipster Retro Jelly Bean
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
For those wanting to change the button mapping, the button is number 216, I believe (mapped as an end call button). You can set it as a search button, and then have it set to run voice search when you long press it.

You can set that by:
1: Remapping the button using the app found on xda.
2: Press the button to open up search.
3: Long pressing the button, and selecting "voice search" as the default app to open.

A always, before making changes such as this, it's important to make backups before you change.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Reactions: mysticalnyte

maxpower49

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
What app is that you speak of for remapping buttons?

I was reluctant to try this ROM with the complaints of bad battery life, but I'm glad I did... Gingerbread is so much nicer than any of the 2.2 ROMs I tried. I dont see myself going back...

takehull

Hipster Retro Jelly Bean
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What app is that you speak of for remapping buttons?

I was reluctant to try this ROM with the complaints of bad battery life, but I'm glad I did... Gingerbread is so much nicer than any of the 2.2 ROMs I tried. I dont see myself going back...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=850464

It can be found on the OP of that thread. I used the first download to find out which button to change. You have to long press the button to get the button number.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Reactions: JerryScript

shawayne21

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Any other way to recieve mms? as in change the address to recieve into email or somewhere else i can recieve them? idc about sending, just recieving! thanks in advance.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
After using this ROM for a few days, the only complaints i have are that the stock headset button doesnt pause the music player, didnt know how much i used this until it didnt work anymore.

You can remap the button to the media player using the instructions in this thread. Download the buttonremapper apk from the provided links, and remap button 216 to the media player. Click apply and your phone will do a soft reboot (takes about 20 seconds), and your set.

radiotecha1234

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
After using this ROM for a few days, the only complaints i have are that the stock headset button doesnt pause the music player, didnt know how much i used this until it didnt work anymore.

also for the life of me i can NOT disable the cyanogen lock screen....

i usually have my phone set up with JUST a pin number lock, that i toggle with a widget, so when im home i can turn off my screen and not have to unlock it everytime. and when im else where i can turn on the lock.

now, when the lock is off, the phone turns on normally, but when the lock is on, both my PIN lock AND the cyanogen lock come up. best i could do was disable the slider and use the menu button to skip that screen and go straight to entering my pin.

but i should not be forced to use a lock screen. i should be able to choose.

any one know how to truly disable it?

You can use the program call "NoLock" on the market. I use it and like it. It works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.