ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiotecha1234

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
WIFI Keep Alive

No my Wifi stays on when screen locks unless I was to add it in Tasker same as my 3G shut off. I was just commenting it uses alot more battery then 3G especially on GB, alot more then Froyo.

I use the program "WIFI Keep Alive" from the market. It lets you choose what the wifi does, I.e. stay on with screen off, go off with screen off, or stay on only on power plug. It works great and saves me a ton of battery. Last night I used it and before I go to bed I would lose like 20%. I only lost 5% with this enabled.

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I use the program "WIFI Keep Alive" from the market. It lets you choose what the wifi does, I.e. stay on with screen off, go off with screen off, or stay on only on power plug. It works great and saves me a ton of battery. Last night I used it and before I go to bed I would lose like 20%. I only lost 5% with this enabled.
This is a built in feature of android. Goto Wi-fi Settings...Menu...advanced...wifi sleep policy

Reactions: denshigomi

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth seems to have more problems then just the headset. I cant get it to pair with my windows 7 desktop bluetooth. The passkey numbers are different and Bluesoleil doesnt let me change it. I guess bluetooth is pretty useless with this ROM. ?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I need a ROM God to get full MMS working on this! PLEASE!!!:)

This has been addressed so many times.
Posting you need a rom god to get it working might make you feel better, but in reality its just filling the thread with more drivel.

First off the way Virgin sends mms is almost at pentagon encryption levels. Some of the best devs have took a crack at it and walked away scratching their heads. Its a very proprietary method and nobody wants to spend the amount of time required.
Second if you need mms soooooooooooo bad the best bet is to go back to a stock rom. Otherwise tell people to email you the pictures and funny messages at your email. It is pretty much the only way right now.

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Posting you need a rom god to get it working might make you feel better, but in reality its just filling the thread with more drivel.

First off the way Virgin sends mms is almost at pentagon encryption levels. Some of the best devs have took a crack at it and walked away scratching their heads. Its a very proprietary method and nobody wants to spend the amount of time required.
Second if you need mms soooooooooooo bad the best bet is to go back to a stock rom. Otherwise tell people to email you the pictures and funny messages at your email. It is pretty much the only way right now.
my mms works...just have friends that send a lot of 9999999999s :).
Eoillie is right. VM messed with vanilla android code and baked in MMS settings to decrypt in framework. Would take a full time code banger to get it right. Unfortunately...while Optimus has great devs....none on the GB mms VM fix payroll. Find more info here: Mind crunching MMS stuff

I prefer no mms....saves embarrassment from the morning after the bar ;)

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
my mms works...just have friends that send a lot of 9999999999s :).
Eoillie is right. VM messed with vanilla android code and baked in MMS settings to decrypt in framework. Would take a full time code banger to get it right. Unfortunately...while Optimus has great devs....none on the GB mms VM fix payroll. Find more info here: Mind crunching MMS stuff

I prefer no mms....saves embarrassment from the morning after the bar ;)

o_O but the people that watched you make out with the ugly chick have already uploaded the pics to morningafter.com lol.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Hopen maybe some VM Dev God sees the post and acts on it. I think it's better to keep the conversation in view, maybe the right person will see it. I knew about all the issues with the MMS and my options. It's cool that you explain it again. Like I said we might get lucky, who knows. I knew it was a shot in the dark bro, no worries ok. ;)

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey forgot ask, what would be the best way to find out what causes my phone to slow down. Let me explain. When I first start the phone it runs great, super fast. After a few hours and some use it seems to slow down significantly, 4-5 sec rotation lag and my camera takes a while to start, etc. What would be the best way to find out what process is causing this. In Windows I could shut down processes. What do I do here? Should I go into Manage Applications and shut off apps in the "ALL" tab one by one? I havent tried this yet but does anyone have any suggestions on this? Thx

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey forgot ask, what would be the best way to find out what causes my phone to slow down. Let me explain. When I first start the phone it runs great, super fast. After a few hours and some use it seems to slow down significantly, 4-5 sec rotation lag and my camera takes a while to start, etc. What would be the best way to find out what process is causing this. In Windows I could shut down processes. What do I do here? Should I go into Manage Applications and shut off apps in the "ALL" tab one by one? I havent tried this yet but does anyone have any suggestions on this? Thx
Check your running apps.
Normally there is one that is thieving processor time.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Check your running apps.
Normally there is one that is thieving processor time.

Eollie no bro, I shut all availible running apps off and the Rotation stays slow. It seems to me that it's something else. It's like a 2-3 delay in most cases, sometimes longer. Whats weird is, right after reboot its just about instant rotation. Must be an app that wigs it out a little while after reboot then it stays that way. I can live with it. Love the ROM still and everything else flys. I guess since it runs so good I'm getting too picky. LOL . You have an S or a V?

Last edited:

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I found a bug that may have not been noted yet. After rebooting I noticed that both the android and the Swype keyboards are check marked in the keyboard settings menu. This causes Swype to stop working until you choses it again after holding down the write feild and chosing Swype. It seems like it keeps putting Android as the default keyboard after each reboot. Hopefully it will be fixed on the next version.

Also Bluetooth file transfer only works to send, cannot recieve. And cannot pair with PC due to wrong passkeys codes.

Last edited:

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Yep... the swype part has been well noted before, at least in other forums and swypes website, but that won't be fixed because of licensing issues.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Reactions: ashton4life

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
According to the devs at Swype, you need to keep Swype on the phone's internal memory, and not on the sdcard. As an input method, it must always be available to the OS, otherwise the OS will look for another input method. This will keep Swype as your default until reboot.

At reboot, the default Android keyboard is enabled, and this is due to Swype being beta software at this time.

Note-this only applies to the Swype Beta, not the pre-installed Swype

Reactions: ashton4life
Status
Not open for further replies.