ARCHIVED: [ROM] MobiusROM R1.7 "Spring Yard" - RELEASED 5.June.2011

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Since when was genuine inquiry considered "bashing" or "negative"?

The more ROMs to choose from the better. Variety is the spice of life. I'm just curious as to when/if/how this forum member is going to distinguish his ROM from the other 3 stock ROMs posted here.

BiafraRepublic

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Since when was genuine inquiry considered "bashing" or "negative"?

The more ROMs to choose from the better. Variety is the spice of life. I'm just curious as to when/if/how this forum member is going to distinguish his ROM from the other 3 stock ROMs posted here.

Honestly, The main distinguishing factors I have are that I have no plans on using the Xionia Kernel (not that I have anything against Xionia, it's a decent kernel. I just want to be different and learn how to compile a kernel on my own.) and that my ROM is meant to be able to hacked into without needing to hook it up to a computer (using one of the many terminal apps available on Android Market).

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I can get like 1238 on Harmonia but I have to change stagefright values to true enable it and use sd speed increase and change from 128 to 2048

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I can get like 1238 on Harmonica but I have to change stagefright values to true enable it and use sd speed increase and change from 128 to 2048

So it is stagefright that bumps the numbers, hmmm. Thanks! And that's why most of the scores are lower on Froyo. We have it disabled because it interferes with video playback.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So it is stagefright that bumps the numbers, hmmm. Thanks! And that's why most of the scores are lower on Froyo. We have it disabled because it interferes with video playback.

Yep I learned that from some of the OS roms I used when I had the OS. and I know when I had thunderom on my OS that they did an adj so that the read write speed was changed from the default 128 to 2048. So I did that with harmonia minus changing the r/rw speed I don't watch videos anyway but when I did I didn't notice anything wrong with the videos.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
MobiusROM 1.7 "Spring Yard" is out. Give it a try today!

Downloading now to check it out. What recovery is recommended for your rom?
Edit flashed with clockwork. Cool rom. Laggy at first till I flashed mmarz cache/dalvik zip. After that it loaded quick. Like the theme. Awsome job. Ill run it a few days and see how it does.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
at first it was SUPER laggy. but then syncing finished and i oc to 600/806 and everything seems to work amazing. definitely keeping this one for awhile

BiafraRepublic

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Updated may 5th? Why are we just now seeing it
May have meant June
Forgive me, I was working on this into the wee hours of the AM, the title was meant to say 5.June.2011

Downloading now to check it out. What recovery is recommended for your rom?

Personally, I recommend using Xionia CWMA 1.2518.4 (from zefie's Xionia Goodies page if you can, if not, I'll try & post a copy on Dropbox), though any recovery that uses Edify scripting will do fine for flashing MobiusROM

perksa

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
First dev thanks for putting in the work and releasing this rom for all of us to test. My question is has anyone else experience kinda bad lag with this rom? I have installed every rom on this site but never had lag at least after a fresh install actually my second install as well just to see if I forgot to wipe the cache ect. Anyway I would love to try it out fully but can't bare with the lag any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

BiafraRepublic

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
First dev thanks for putting in the work and releasing this rom for all of us to test. My question is has anyone else experience kinda bad lag with this rom? I have installed every rom on this site but never had lag at least after a fresh install actually my second install as well just to see if I forgot to wipe the cache ect. Anyway I would love to try it out fully but can't bare with the lag any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

A few users earlier have the same issues, which I am trying to trace down. It seems to go away with time.

Some help in the interim would include adjusting the clock speed up using SetCPU, or tinkering with the cache/dalvik partitions... YMMV

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38