02-22-2012 04:40 PM
155 ... 567
tools
    Its because you're a tard....no really you're a tard.

I bet you bought a phone when it was on sale at Christmas huh?

Guess what? Your phone has a different screen and this kernel is incompatible.

There is a thread stickied up top called fixing black screen read it threee or four times and follow the posted directions.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...stom-roms.html
    Nope just got it yesterday- Zero problems rom and rooting prevail triumph first time ive had a problem Meh we all make mistakes, but im glad there are people like you with your quick wit to insult others for a mistake...thanks for the info and like --but keep insults to your self..or at least try harder
    01-23-2012 06:50 PM
    I'm new to this, so I could use some help. I just managed to finally get my LG Optimus V rooted with Gingerbreak. I wanted to use Setcpu but it wouldn't let me go over 600 mhz. So I tried to install this kernal...I put it on my SD card still zipped, went into recovery mode and selected install zip from sdcard. After it was finished installing I rebooted, and it would flash the LG screen, and make sounds, but the screen was black for everything else.

So I went back into recovery and restored...did I do something wrong or miss a step? It just said Download, copy to /sdcard, reboot to recovery and flash...I think I did that?
    02-22-2012 02:36 PM
    Like it says.... this isn't for newer phones

Sent from my Optimistic Optimus
    02-22-2012 02:48 PM
    Best thing to do would be to install a custom ROM. One of the IHO variants would be a good start.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-22-2012 03:09 PM
    There is a patched version of this made by Bigsupersquid that will work with newer phones. However this will not.

If you want this, your best option is find that kernel or download Harmonia 1x which has the patched version built in.
    02-22-2012 04:40 PM
155 ... 567