ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Where can I find a good compilatation of themes and addons for this?

Post #2 on Harmonia has compatible statusbars themes and such, make sure you use the 1.3+, and not the 1.2 or you will break some features.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...odite-picasticks-09aug11-edify-installer.html

As well as:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...ion-area-blue-signal-bar-bumblebee-2-1-a.html
These are also linked in Harmonia's post #2.

Harmonia post #2 also has the Map flasher and a few other things.

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Post #2 on Harmonia has compatible statusbars themes and such, make sure you use the 1.3+, and not the 1.2 or you will break some features.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...odite-picasticks-09aug11-edify-installer.html

As well as:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...ion-area-blue-signal-bar-bumblebee-2-1-a.html
These are also linked in Harmonia's post #2.

Harmonia post #2 also has the Map flasher and a few other things.

Thanks. Ive been looking for somethin to make it look gingerbreadish.

cornishrefugee

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, strange one here. When I boot the phone with SD card in it, the phone crashes and boot loops when it tries to mount it. (If I leave the SD card out of the phone and then mount it after boot, no problem) Also, I get phone crash when turning on Wifi 100% of the time.

Have flashed the ROM about 5 times now, each time making sure to follow the instructions religiously in case I am making a stupid error.

Any suggestions?

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Would like some pre-flashing advice.

I am interested in trying out my first custom ROM, Bumblebee seems to be widely loved, and I've read that everything works 100%.

What I've done so far...

Rooted with Gingerbreak
Flashed ClockwordMod Cust. Rec. via ROM Manager (latest version)
Made a backup in recovery, and restored from it, so that part is fine.

I've installed Titanium backup (free), Superuser, Busybox.
I've partitioned my SD card using MiniTool and set up a 1GB partition for Link2sd.
I use Launcher Pro Plus, and have backed up my homescreen settings.

All is working well.

So before I flash Bumblebee, what should I be doing? Here's what I THINK I should be doing...

1.) "Backup all user apps + system data" with Titanium backup (I also have Mybackup Root if that's a better backup option).
2.) Do another ROM backup thru CWM just to make sure any changes I've made stick around.
3.) Get Bumblebee on to my SD card.
4.) Flash Bumblebee thru CWM Cust. Rec.
5.) Restore apps + data with Titanium Backup
6.) Restore Launcher Pro homescreen settings.

Is there anything I'm missing? After doing all that should everything be back where it was (apps, call history, text messages, phone activated, etc)?

Thanks in advance for any hints or advice!

Last edited:

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Looks good, except for the system backup. Do not restore any system apps or data, it will screw up the new rom. After flashing, sign back into your google account and your contacts, email and such will reload automatically. Then you can go to the market, reinstall TI backup and restore your apps.
Before flashing, in recovery wipe data, cache, under mounts and storage, format data, system, boot, and cache. Under advanced, wipe dalvik cache. Remember, never use the factory reset in the privacy menu unless you want a paperweight.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Looks good, except for the system backup. Do not restore any system apps or data, it will screw up the new rom. After flashing, sign back into your google account and your contacts, email and such will reload automatically. Then you can go to the market, reinstall TI backup and restore your apps.
Before flashing, in recovery wipe data, cache, under mounts and storage, format data, system, boot, and cache. Under advanced, wipe dalvik cache. Remember, never use the factory reset in the privacy menu unless you want a paperweight.

Which is the proper backup option in Titanium? Should I be doing App backup only? Does the "Backup All User Apps" selection in the Batch menu also backup the Apps' data?

Sent from my VM670

Last edited:

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Bumblebee users, are you using the overclocking included with No-Frills CPU Control? Not sure if there's a downside to using it or if I should just set to to start at boot with the default settings and forget it's there.

jmart981

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I use no frills, I haven't had any problems that I'm aware of, is the bumblebee rom no longer getting updated? Or are we just waiting for the gingerbread code to be released? I had heard that we probably wont get an actual OTA update if we are running stock?

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I use no frills, I haven't had any problems that I'm aware of, is the bumblebee rom no longer getting updated? Or are we just waiting for the gingerbread code to be released? I had heard that we probably wont get an actual OTA update if we are running stock?

What settings are you using? default, or did you tweak it?

butthead

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of overclocking, but I read that under 480mhz isn't smart cause of something with the voltage. Is there a list of frequency-to-voltage settings or is it (voltage) all the same after a certain frequency has been reached?

Just trying to delicately balance performance and battery life.

crux

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
does bumblebee include the "time without signal" fix?
also, i just did a fresh install of bumblebee (wipe cache, data, dvalik) and now my optimus won't connect to my wifi! it was working fine yesterday on a CM 7.1 but now it won't connect. i have tried changing settings on the router, rebooting the router, nothing works. it will connect but say "obtaining IP address" forever. even setting a static IP doesn't work. any help/ideas?

Last edited:

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Regarding the tws bug, yeah BB has this fix included. It's listed in the beginning of this thread.

Not sure about your wifi though. Hopefully someone can help with that.

blestou

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Escalating memory limit problem:

I have root. I wiped, formatted, used update wiper, etc. etc. several times. I have no sd-ext, ext2/3/4 or anything like that. I use the native app2sd capabilities of froyo.

After flashing bumblebee, I restored many apps from Market and Amazon Market. When internal memory was around 60MB, nothing would download or install - sometimes the attempt would reboot the phone.

So, I used the Applications/Manage menu to manually move everything that could be moved to sd card. That gave me lots of memory back. Things installed like normal. Then when internal memory got back down to around 80MB, install/update/download problems again. Again I manually move what can be moved to sd card.

Then my limit was 104. Now my limit is around 130. I have 130MB of free space on the phone, but it acts like I have 20MB - no installs, no updates, some reboots. Cannot install from any file explorers either.

I had everything backed up in Titanium, but due to a previous post comment decided to redownload everything from scratch.

This did not happen on stock. Did not happen on Harmonia 1.5. This is the third time I've tried Bumblebee with same results (though it was not until this time that I identified the pattern).

Clearly, something is causing my free memory to look like full memory to something in the system. I install fairly standard apps that are popular on the Market, some games, etc.

Android system menus and all utility programs report that I've got 131-133MB of free space (depending on cache at the time, which I have been clearing regularly).

What should I try to reclaim my internal free space as actual usable space?

EDIT: Correction: Just for kicks, I tried to install something from Amazon again. Of course it worked. I can also install a .apk from Root Explorer. Still, Android Market will not even attempt to download. I don't even get a "download failed" in the status bar. I've cleared cache, market cache, google framework services. I've forced closed Market and GFS. I've rebooted. How can I get Market to work? Is there a setting somewhere I need to clear? Do I need to upgrade my Market app?

Last edited:

jmart981

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Is this rom still being supported? runs great on my phone, just wondering if Obijohn has discontinued the support of the rom

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Is this rom still being supported? runs great on my phone, just wondering if Obijohn has discontinued the support of the rom

I can't answer your question, but I did have a question for you. Do you happen to use Google Music Beta? If so, does it work with Bumblebee for you? I could not get it to work/stream properly, though it works perfectly on Harmonia and stock.

framirezferrer

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Tico, I use Google music and I happen to have the same problem as you. I'm sure is a problem with the BB rom not the BB kernel. Currently using stock+bb kernel.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
does bumblebee include the "time without signal" fix?
also, i just did a fresh install of bumblebee (wipe cache, data, dvalik) and now my optimus won't connect to my wifi! it was working fine yesterday on a CM 7.1 but now it won't connect. i have tried changing settings on the router, rebooting the router, nothing works. it will connect but say "obtaining IP address" forever. even setting a static IP doesn't work. any help/ideas?

lol... i have this same probelem trying to use IHO. works fine in bumblebee for me tho. would like to know if you find a fix for this as it could be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.