ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using Bumblebee 2.4 able to update Google Maps to v5.10.0? I had no issues updating Google Maps up until v5.9.0, but now get a "Package File Invalid" after Google Maps v5.10.0 finishes downloading.

With any version of Bumblebee, I haven't been able to get HBO GO working either. It always remains on the "video loading" screen with the busy circle. Anyone else have better luck?

dansho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using Bumblebee 2.4 able to update Google Maps to v5.10.0? I had no issues updating Google Maps up until v5.9.0, but now get a "Package File Invalid" after Google Maps v5.10.0 finishes downloading.

With any version of Bumblebee, I haven't been able to get HBO GO working either. It always remains on the "video loading" screen with the busy circle. Anyone else have better luck?

I'm unable to update to Google Maps 5.10.0 as well, receiving the "package file invalid" error as you describe. I haven't tried uninstalling 5.9.0 first and then just downloading the new google maps from the market though...this MAY solve the problem. After reading so many negative comments about the maps update I just decided to keep using the prior version since it works so well for me. Hope this helps.

wwww2000

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

I'm unable to update to Google Maps 5.10.0 as well, receiving the "package file invalid" error as you describe. I haven't tried uninstalling 5.9.0 first and then just downloading the new google maps from the market though...this MAY solve the problem. After reading so many negative comments about the maps update I just decided to keep using the prior version since it works so well for me. Hope this helps.

I had the same issue but I think I found a solution. Need to wipe cache and dalvik cache and try again. It worked for me.

OptimusNate

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

Mine updated to 5.10 on Bumblebee 2.4, but it took a few tries. I didn't wipe anything, just rebooted and waited a while. Quite a few updated apps have been doing the same for me.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Is Bumblebee 2.4 actually the best version, or is everyone using it beause it's the latest (and probably last) version? I've seen mention of prior 2.x versions working better for some.

My friend seems to have less issues with Bumblebee 1.9, and his Market automatically updated to the new version too. Was going to upgrade him to 2.4, but don't want to cause him any problems he's not experiencing now.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Did they remove the flash requirement for HBO GO?

I don't think Flash was ever a requirement for HBO GO. It's been available for Optimus V users in the market since it was introduced, and I've seen people say it works fine for them on what I believe is stock firmware.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue but I think I found a solution. Need to wipe cache and dalvik cache and try again. It worked for me.

I'll have to give that a shot. I had tried wiping dalvik cache in recovery but not the regular cache, and it didn't work still. Dansho mentioned negative comments about the 5.10.0 version...hopefully it doesn't affect the Optimus V.

OptimusNate

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Is Bumblebee 2.4 actually the best version, or is everyone using it beause it's the latest (and probably last) version? I've seen mention of prior 2.x versions working better for some.

My friend seems to have less issues with Bumblebee 1.9, and his Market automatically updated to the new version too. Was going to upgrade him to 2.4, but don't want to cause him any problems he's not experiencing now.
I don't have any issues with BB2.4, it's only just recently that the Market has been acting up and I figured it was something to do with Market, not the ROM.

BB2.4 overall is more smooth in my experience, I love it.

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site

I had that for awhile and eventually "solved" it by reflashing the rom and installing it on the then fresh installation. It then had no issues installing.

I really love this rom, but am starting to look at IHO due to the lack of continuing support in the face of bugs like these. Too bad really because obijohn truly produced something worthy of respect that up until recently worked very well. I'll be sorry to see it go as the inevitable bitrot forces us to move on..

--bornagainpenguin

blestou

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I never did figure out my app install problem. Android help told me to factory reset. Obijon elsewhere advised against ever doing a factory reset. What are the problems with Bumblebee and a factory reset?

digitaljeannie

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I never did figure out my app install problem. Android help told me to factory reset. Obijon elsewhere advised against ever doing a factory reset. What are the problems with Bumblebee and a factory reset?

If you do a data reset, do it from within recovery. Never use the factory reset in the phone's settings menu because it does not jibe with custom recoveries. Always reset through your recovery menu if you do so.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

It's not bumblebee, anytime you do a factory reset from within the rom with a custom recovery installed, you get a brick.

Factory reset from recovery only is fine.

Edit : Beat me to it :p

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Leslie, did your older (1.3.1) Harmonia have that in the settings? I don't recall. I would have to look at my wife's phone to say for sure. I haven't upgraded hers from 1.3.1. It works so good, she won't let me mess with it.

sent from my Brilliant Corners with Clemsyn Kernal Gtablet using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
1.3 and later did not have it. BB lost it at 1.9 I think.
If your wife has a good 1.3.1 install working, don't touch it.

Newer versions are just me trying to change the installer, there is nothing to gain. Though I may have found a fix to the new market, testing in a few minutes.

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
1.3 and later did not have it. BB lost it at 1.9 I think.
If your wife has a good 1.3.1 install working, don't touch it.

Newer versions are just me trying to change the installer, there is nothing to gain. Though I may have found a fix to the new market, testing in a few minutes.

I would only make changes if she complained. No complaints from her, BTW, she said to say thank you for this great ROM. She loves her phone. The factory slow ROM sucked.

sent from my Brilliant Corners with Clemsyn Kernal Gtablet using Tapatalk

Reactions: LeslieAnn

JJedediahJ

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I am stuck with a rather odd issue as of late..I been using Bumble Bee 2.4 for 4 weeks now and loving it. But the issues I am experiencing are almsot dead on to was going on here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-rom-kernel-bumblebee-2-4-6-25-2011-a-15.html

Here are the things I have done in the past that may be related.
1. Download new app from market place.
2. Use Titanium Backup to create a backup.
3. Use Titanium Backup to move app to SD card.
4. Made a sandwich.
5. Download the update for the new app.
6. During installation and Bumble Bee goes nuts.
7. Phone restarts, sometimes I have to remove the battery, and the installation never finishes.

I tried a couple things I thought maybe would work. Like moving the app to the phone's internal memory and trying to update it that way. No good results though. Bumble Bee still crashes like a made man. Does anyone have a idea?

Chocu1a

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. I have a small problem. Flashed latest BB rom &everything works except the accelerometer. The screen no longer rotates into landscape. The appropriate box is checked in setting, but it still doesn't rotate.
Sorry if this seems like a noob problem, but I am a noob. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo