Help with boot animation

MrHyde03

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm attempting to create my own boot animation. I have it working.. except it freezes about 3 to 4 seconds in. The phone still boots up just fine.

i extracted the one located at /system/media in bumblebee.. opened it up with 7zip and replaced the .png's. my desc.txt looks like this:

320 320 24
p 1 0 part0
p 0 0 part1

the animation will look like this:

stargate_kawoosh_animation_HD_by_SergeyDruid.gif

My first thought is that the file is too large... roughly about 7mb...
would the size of the .zip cause this? I think so...

either way, even with photoshop cs3 I am unable to reduce the size of my .png's any less than 66kb, some as large as 110. whats a good app to let me shrink em?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm no expert on this at all, but...
Call of Android is 7.1megs, with no freeze (that I recall) and I know the robot arm etch has files of a little over 110k.

Try lowering your color depth to 16bit if you haven't already.

MrHyde03

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
ok apparently 7zip isn't good enough creating bootanimation zips. use winrar for creating a zip archive with "store" compression

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded a boot animation off UOT Kitchen and flashed it to my phone through Xionia recovery. The first time it ran it worked fine. Now however it freezes after a few seconds. Phone boots up fine though. Any reason for this? Tried reflashing animation, still freezes.

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I had a 21 Meg gears of war boot ani that ran perfectly fine. Also that. Is an awesome boot I can't ever find a stargate screen.

BiafraRepublic

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried adjusting the number of colors each image/frame has? (It's in File>>Save for Web and Devices under the Optimized, 2-up, and 4-up views)

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk.

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded a boot animation off UOT Kitchen and flashed it to my phone through Xionia recovery. The first time it ran it worked fine. Now however it freezes after a few seconds. Phone boots up fine though. Any reason for this? Tried reflashing animation, still freezes.

Turned off phone last night. When I turned it back on this morning, boot animation worked fine. Go figure. :confused:

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Turned off phone last night. When I turned it back on this morning, boot animation worked fine. Go figure. :confused:
I've flashed and tweaked my optimus so many times it's gotten a little wonky.
sometimes I have to pull the battery for 20 seconds or even a few minutes to get it to boot after setting the overclock too high or locking up the OS some other way.
it seems a good hard no-power-in-the-system reset helps with issues there isn't a good explanation for.
glad your animation is working now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez