[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I admit it... UOT Kitchen scares me, but I gave the JerryScript version of IHO a spin and I'm liking it quite a lot--except I'm really not a fan of the green colors. Is there anywhere with a collection of themes already made for this rom besides the green theme?

--bornagainpenguin

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I admit it... UOT Kitchen scares me, but I gave the JerryScript version of IHO a spin and I'm liking it quite a lot--except I'm really not a fan of the green colors. Is there anywhere with a collection of themes already made for this rom besides the green theme?

--bornagainpenguin

Search "cm7 themes" on the market. There are hundreds and can be applied using theme chooser.

Reactions: bornagainpenguin

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

--bornagainpenguin

search the market for cm7 theme

edit: anthonycr beat me to the punch

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Are they compatible with our MDPI resolutions? I looked in the market but right away the one I liked said it was for HDPI only so I thought I'd better see if anything was already made for the roms before I screwed things up...

--bornagainpenguin

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Are they compatible with our MDPI resolutions? I looked in the market but right away the one I liked said it was for HDPI only so I thought I'd better see if anything was already made for the roms before I screwed things up...

--bornagainpenguin

Just keep searching and you will find them. Always check descriptions.

Sent from your mom's phone.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I flash a new rom everyday.(Don't know why.....) Even when I'm in Recovery, I get " SD card could not be mounted (Some stuff about Luna or something, Idk). :/

Is the SD card bad? D:

I think your sdcard is sick of you flashing new roms everyday and its saying "enough is enough:mad:"
:p

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site

--bornagainpenguin

Just search Google for CM7 Theme Chooser Themes. There is an absolutely massive thread over on XDA with hundreds of themes, all organized with supported resolutions. Download one, transfer it to your phone and click on it with CM7's built in file manager to install it. Here is an updated one, it doesn't have the resolution sorted: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1407298. Here is a slightly, but still updated older one that has all the supported screen resolutions on it (I would recommend looking at this one): forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1167075

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

Last edited:

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to all who replied. I found something that seems to work well enough that I'm satisfied for now. Eventually I'll probably look for something better (or finally learn how the UOT Kitchen works) but for now its good enough. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Meanwhile I'm really loving how smooth this build of IHO is and for the first time since buying the phone I can actually see myself sticking with CM 7.1 over Froyo....I think I must have been one of the last hold outs who wasn't running an unrooted stock installation...

--bornagainpenguin

PS: Thanks kcls for the links, truthfully I'd already found the second one and had been testing them out, but I appreciate you taking the time to try to help me. (You and everyone else who replied.)

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
For all you theme crazy users, there is a thread at AF where several users maintain updated UOT themes for BACKside. Most of them update with each new release, so be sure you get a matching date between the Theme and the ROM build. ;)

*BACKside ROM Themes* Post your BACKside ROM themes here! - Page 8 - Android Forums

Brotherswing posted a tutorial for UOT Kitchen including pictures, should help you learn the ins-n-outs.

http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/474635-uot-kitchen-quick-tutorial-pic-heavy.html

TavisC

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone else have their lockscreen stop working with the latest update, or is it just me? I'm also getting random reboots, time to reflash I suppose.

Last edited:

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, that should help quite a bit once I get done doing the homework on it.

I'm really liking this build of your rom right now, seems fast, runs stable and AFAIK everything just works. Thanks for making our phones more useful!

--bornagainpenguin

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok on the latest build of backside I tried replacing some system apps and uninstalling them..after I do the phone gets stuck in boot loop..this never happened before..ideas?

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Nuts.

I have a purchased Need for Speed shift game I picked up during the ten cent sale and the market shows it to me under my apps but will not let me install it. :(

If it matters if am using the old version of the market since I think it formats better for our small screens. The market website was useless, and lists registered phone as the only option (the standard VM670 is shown but grayed out) and ideas for where to go from here?

--bornagainpenguin

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It probably just won't run on our phones. Theoretically, you could find the APK from another source and see if it installs / runs, and if it does then it's some sort of Market issue, but if it doesn't run it's probably just incompatible with our device.

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
No, because it ran just fine under froyo, so if it is a device compatibility issue it's a mistake. Also, I purchased the app so should not have to pirate it.

--bornagainpenguin

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Nuts.

I have a purchased Need for Speed shift game I picked up during the ten cent sale and the market shows it to me under my apps but will not let me install it. :(

If it matters if am using the old version of the market since I think it formats better for our small screens. The market website was useless, and lists registered phone as the only option (the standard VM670 is shown but grayed out) and ideas for where to go from here?

--bornagainpenguin

Heres the deal. The game is not offered to Virgin phones. Under Froyo our phones are listed as a different carrier. This issue regarding how our phone is identified in the market has been discussed and trust me it didnt end well. Sadly you will not be able to install the game via android market while using IHO.