[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Update. So those two modules are still located in \system\lib\modules but when I go to run link2sd and create the script it says the ext doesn't exist.
Do I have to run a command to get it to work? It creates, recovery does, an ext3 partition so do I have to change something in the module for that?
(Sorry I'm a noob at this part been using rom/kernels that support it already)

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
Update. So those two modules are still located in \system\lib\modules but when I go to run link2sd and create the script it says the ext doesn't exist.
Do I have to run a command to get it to work? It creates, recovery does, an ext3 partition so do I have to change something in the module for that?
(Sorry I'm a noob at this part been using rom/kernels that support it already)

Unfortunately insmod only looks in /lib/modules which is part of the rootfs and you'd need to rebuild the ramdisk and such to change it. Sooooo I'm going to include ext2 and ext4 in the kernel for the next release, no modules needed.

Reactions: Kreatur3

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That will be great thank you! Until that update comes out I'm using Ath3nos again just because of the number of apps I use daily but will definitely flash back to this as my daily once that gets implemented. :D

BTW, I love the ability to add custom wallpaper to the lock screen. However it looks all distorted when in use. Maybe I should use a different type of picture than what I currently use for my wallpapers. Just figured I'd give my two cents about it.

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
So I can see ringtones for ppl but they do not play I just get the defult ringtone I have tried to reflash but still nothing

Sent via Tapatalk using a LG Optumis V with ath3nos CM7

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
So I can see ringtones for ppl but they do not play I just get the defult ringtone I have tried to reflash but still nothing

Yeah I'm seeing this too. I have a sneaking suspicion it's a CM7.1 bug. Typically this would otherwise be caused by the phone being too slow to respond (e.g. CPU is trying to ramp up the clockspeed but not in time)... but I can definitely duplicate this with a min speed of 480Mhz (which should be enough). :/

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Fyi using Theme Chooser I switched to the Eye Candy theme over the installed Green Machine. It's pretty cool because there are still traces of Green Machine left. Kind of a cool trick.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
my fone will not charge no mater wut charge i use and the fone is dead now wtf how can i fix this?

So the phone is completely off, then when you plug in your charger the phone doesn't respond at all? Not even to the first LG screen?

That seems very odd. That's a hardware issue and it's not too common. My friend recently flashed CM7 to his G2x (I know it's a different phone, still LG). The phone died and wouldn't turn on or charge. The phone returned to normal somehow within an hour or two. This sounds useless but did you try removing the battery for 10 minutes first? How old is the phone?

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
So the phone is completely off, then when you plug in your charger the phone doesn't respond at all? Not even to the first LG screen?

That seems very odd. That's a hardware issue and it's not too common. My friend recently flashed CM7 to his G2x (I know it's a different phone, still LG). The phone died and wouldn't turn on or charge. The phone returned to normal somehow within an hour or two. This sounds useless but did you try removing the battery for 10 minutes first? How old is the phone?

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

the fone is 3 months old and yes i can see the 2 lg screens and i have 3 chargers and same thing on all i will unplug battery for 10 min. and post back later

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site
the fone is 3 months old and yes i can see the 2 lg screens and i have 3 chargers and same thing on all i will unplug battery for 10 min. and post back later

so when you connect your charger it shoes the lg screens but loops? That sounds like an incomplete installation try wiping and reflashing if you can get to your recovery.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
New bug. The Facebook app will not work with this rom, I have tried it on a clean wipe twice, I uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared data. It works for a few minutes than it says an error occurred while loading this page I have tried 3g and wifi, and it started yesterday when I first downloaded the 7/19 build, also I used maxthon browser, but now if I search Google with it, I get a Google page saying this browser doesn't have permission to search Google. I don't know if that's rom realated or not, but it worked when I used anth3nos

Last edited:

yogi4

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
New bug. The Facebook app will not work with this rom, I have tried it on a clean wipe twice, I uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared data. It works for a few minutes than it says an error occurred while loading this page I have tried 3g and wifi, and it started yesterday when I first downloaded the 7/19 build, also I used maxthon browser, but now if I search Google with it, I get a Google page saying this browser doesn't have permission to search Google. I don't know if that's rom realated or not, but it worked when I used anth3nos
I use Facebook and Friendcaster... They both work on my 'V' using this rom. I use Miren Browser, it works fine too. Tried both with 3g and wifi and everything works for me anyways.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Are you using a clean install of the Facebook app, or a restore from a backup?

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

Facebook app Is just garbage.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Good News!

I was able to get my computer to boot again. Now all I have to do is setup my build environment and I'll have a working build update ready in no time! (At this rate it's going to be another 3 hours)

EDIT: Unless recent changes in the source code is causing issues, I've been running my #8 build (v0.1a8) with no problems. Maybe something I build is worth a try? I'm running the latest version of the Facebook app with no issues, no battery/charging issues, no fake sim card.

Last edited: