[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
No worries, glad to hear it's not that bad. Give it a couple of days, you will most likely see some improvement. First day's usage is never as good as subsequent days. If you still have issues, let us know, we will try to help. ;)

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with high battery drain on my first flash of the 8-10 build. I would lose 20-30% in an hour of use; surfing the web, gaming and texting. After a few days I decided to do a complete wipe and a clean install instead of updating from the previous build. Low and behold, I'm now getting between 15-18 hours before I have to charge. Oh, and I try not to let it get below 25% before I plug it in.

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
Hey everyone,

First off thank you very much for all your hard work on these roms. It really is the only way a V is worth having. Anyway I'm just curious if anyone else has had pretty lousy 3G speeds as well as a lot less battery time on this rom? I'm running Jerry's 8/10 release with launcher pro and 806/320 MHz ondemand. I had been running aosp cm7 for the opV but switched to this and now have slower 3G and battle drain is huge I can watch the thing drop 2% a min just about. Thanks in advance for any help.

I was on-site dealing with some non internet related issues when said client's DSL went down (and up, and down, and up. Poor saps still have AT&T. Yuck.). Anyhow, I had to USB tether the phone to download some drivers and such, and was able to get 1.5Mbps while the supposedly 6Mbps DSL was able to manage about 600Kbps. You tell me if you think that's slow on Sprint's network. :p

IMO, network speeds are just one of those things. With landlines and wireless Verizon just invests that much more into infrastructure than the competition and (out here at least) it shows. I get acceptable speeds with Virgin, but nothing amazing like I got when I was playing with a VZW PC Card a few years ago.

If you're seeing lousy speeds that is very likely due to a weak signal which /will/ drain your battery quickly. The more people on a CDMA cell the louder each phone's got to talk to be heard (vs earlier GSM stuff where only one phone talked at once). Thus lots of people = network congestion + increased battery drain. That's just how it goes.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I was on-site dealing with some non internet related issues when said client's DSL went down (and up, and down, and up. Poor saps still have AT&T. Yuck.). Anyhow, I had to USB tether the phone to download some drivers and such, and was able to get 1.5Mbps while the supposedly 6Mbps DSL was able to manage about 600Kbps. You tell me if you think that's slow on Sprint's network. :p

IMO, network speeds are just one of those things. With landlines and wireless Verizon just invests that much more into infrastructure than the competition and (out here at least) it shows. I get acceptable speeds with Virgin, but nothing amazing like I got when I was playing with a VZW PC Card a few years ago.

If you're seeing lousy speeds that is very likely due to a weak signal which /will/ drain your battery quickly. The more people on a CDMA cell the louder each phone's got to talk to be heard (vs earlier GSM stuff where only one phone talked at once). Thus lots of people = network congestion + increased battery drain. That's just how it goes.

Its true, at my house and work I get lousy signal and my batter lasts about 16 hours, Wichita isn't bad for how much I use it. I was at my brother in laws house and had full bars, I only lost 6% of my battery in 3 hours. You signal makes a bigger impact than wifi, GPS, and screen brightness combined, it does for me atleast

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Just a suggestion for the IHO Github Wiki: Maybe you guys could add what the differences between the three ROMs are that are currently being maintained? Personally I don't want to rifle through hundreds of pages of posts to find changelogs that might only give me small tidbits of info as to what the ROM contains. Maybe just a little link to the side of each ROM that lists two or three of the main differences that set it apart from the other ROMs. It's just that currently it's pretty difficult to find the differences, and I feel more people would use it if they knew what each one did!

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
latest build of BACKside IHO

my phone is making phantom calls. it will be sitting on a desk charging and i get a phone call from a friend saying i just called them a minute ago but they only heard static. my phone was just doing absolutely nothing.

happened a few times so far.

thought it was a rogue app, installed fresh copy ran it with no market just basic android, did same thing.

whats going on?!?!?

anon(365490)

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd also like to see a little more 'beef' in the wiki, if there is anything I can do to help out there just give me a shout. I've gone back to building my own ROM from the source now, once I learned how to create a flashable signed zipfile it was a breeze to put together a script to build my own based on the repo, adding & removing pieces that fit my phone. It's great being able to make a phone that suits me so well. Many thanks to lots of people here, especially those posting ROMs and other files at github.
The ROM is very stable now, and, with a few people crafting their own versions, and, most likely more to come, documenting them all in one place would be a great resource.
Again - say thanks by hitting the Donate button!

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
How far does the Optimus Black fall from the Optimus Line up? It would be cool to know that IHO unofficial CM7.1 will be compatible or at least a work in project.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
How far does the Optimus Black fall from the Optimus Line up? It would be cool to know that IHO unofficial CM7.1 will be compatible or at least a work in project.

Sprint gets it next month(?), so by the time we get it, it will be well worked over. When the OV came out, it wasn't a week before it had roms because of it being so close to the Sprint version. This time they will be closer and more carriers with it so it will possibly be even better supported than the OV, possibly one of the best supported phones ever. LG is even making a Windows 7 version.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I guess that's the only downside to no contract. I wish I could simply upgrade but I can't justify buying another phone when I've only had this one for 6 months.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

pre

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd also like to see a little more 'beef' in the wiki, if there is anything I can do to help out there just give me a shout. I've gone back to building my own ROM from the source now, once I learned how to create a flashable signed zipfile it was a breeze to put together a script to build my own based on the repo, adding & removing pieces that fit my phone. It's great being able to make a phone that suits me so well. Many thanks to lots of people here, especially those posting ROMs and other files at github.
The ROM is very stable now, and, with a few people crafting their own versions, and, most likely more to come, documenting them all in one place would be a great resource.
Again - say thanks by hitting the Donate button!

I would also support the additional documentation and description, either in the Wiki or the first post (or both, perhaps).

Flashing a ROM is already intimidating enough, adding a simple table/matrix of differences would be quite helpful

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I would also support the additional documentation and description, either in the Wiki or the first post (or both, perhaps).

Flashing a ROM is already intimidating enough, adding a simple table/matrix of differences would be quite helpful

I think thats a great idea. You guys should ask blarf, jerry and the crew if you guys can do that for them. If you get their approval then you guys can help them out :D