[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I figure ill ask this here. does the IHO recovery correctly make nandroid backups and correctly restore them?

I'm using clockwordmod 3.2.0.1 and it flashes roms just fine, and it CREATES a nandroid backup. but refuses to restore its own backups of any rom, claiming a Md5 mismatch.

I've had no problems lately creating & restoring nandroid backups with IHO recovery. (I had one initial problem a few weeks ago, but I think it was user error).

That being said, a couple of questions about your problems with cwmod 3.2.0.1:
- Are there any spaces in the folder name or elsewhere in the path of the backup you made? I found that cwmod has problems with MD5 checksums if spaces are used in the path or in the name.
- Have you tried checking the MD5 checksum with another program? I use Android File Verifier from the market.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
New build is out, BACKside-IHO-VM670-08312011
md5 729e0ee3141f4fcd96cbcccf321ba613
You will need to flash gapps after flashing this build!

Changes:
-Headset mic fixed
-Camera code cleaned up and geo tagging fixed
-Lots of small changes to CM7 that don't really affect the Optimus V
-Lots of preparations for the next Optimus phone to be supported, doesn't affect the Optimus V

For those experiencing the no audio in video recordings, please let us know if it is still occuring, and try to determine the trigger.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Jerry, I'm very happy the 8/25 build. Just curious what exactly was done to the camera? I don't need the geo tagging, and don't use the headset. So, if there isn't any major tweaks to the camera, I won't have to go to all the trouble of backing up and flashing an up date I don't really need. Thanks for all the hard work and love you guys have put into this rom.

As a side note, I have 4 of my friends who are trading in their Blackberry and Iphones to get an Optimus. After seeing how mine runs with your rom and hearing about the plan pricing, they could not switch fast enough.:)

Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just some code cleanup, nothing to worry about if your happy with your current build. There has been a bug affecting audio recording with the video camera, but this update doesn't address that yet.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I edited my post with a link to the app I talked about. Somehow I managed to not paste it after going to the market and copying the link...I blame late night posting.

nin

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so i do have wifi issues. :/ xD Sucks. Its only at school so far. It scans, detects, and what not, then eventually gets stuck at obtaining IP address. After about a minute it goes crazy and disconnects and does it all over again, but faster and then eventually it cant detect the network anymore. If i toggle Wifi off and on again, it detects it fast again and redoes that cycle.
AND i also cant download anything from market. It says insufficient memory. I have a 8gb card o_O with 3 gbs free and the phone has 70mb free.

I just found out that it only does the market thing randomly.

Does your school require you to log in through a web browser once connected? At my campus we need to log in with our school id on a redirect page once we connect initially and load a browser.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
screenshot-1314823396705.png

I was going to complain about this but I think it might be from Skype, still I don't remember the battery drain ever being THAT bad.

Now ubuntu has the same problem as back in July. Now I have to go through this http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...4423-building-your-own-rom-2.html#post1115036 (10 ubuntu iso downloads and 30 used CD-R's) and then this http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...4423-building-your-own-rom-3.html#post1116649 (30 reboots, 50 install attempts, and general epic failures all in 18 long hours) all over again just to be able to make my own builds from source.

This process is the worst possible computer nerd hell next to hardware failure.

It's Nvidia's fault. (For not providing correct drivers.)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so i do have wifi issues. :/ xD Sucks. Its only at school so far. It scans, detects, and what not, then eventually gets stuck at obtaining IP address. After about a minute it goes crazy and disconnects and does it all over again, but faster and then eventually it cant detect the network anymore. If i toggle Wifi off and on again, it detects it fast again and redoes that cycle.
Having the same problem here - I just installed BACKside-IHO-VM670-08312011. My wife's stock/unrooted VM Optimus V can connect to wifi no problem, and my old AOSPmod rom could as well.

Silence99

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Just installed the 8/31 build of ASOP, seems to work fine, had to install Gapp's again (I seem to have to on any update).

Also, Mic button still doesn't work :(

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Does your school require you to log in through a web browser once connected? At my campus we need to log in with our school id on a redirect page once we connect initially and load a browser.
It's not that, it does it on my home LAN as as well.
Which worked flawlessly before.

vB396530

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Great work as always Mic works buttons on headset still don't work .this besides GPS a couple of builds ago are the only problems I've had with I.H.O all those other bugs I've yet to experience them

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
WiFi connects right away for me. There were no changes to the wifi code, so I would recommend a full wipe/format then reflash the ROM and gapps.

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Backside is working great for me, no stability issues and great battery life. Better than bumblebee :O

Only issue I've noticed is after being on for about 24hrs, the accelerometer starts getting sluggish.

fototogo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Had to install Jerry's 8/31 rom 2x. When I installed it after wiping cache and dalvik cache had lots of issues with dsp and the market force closing. Installed from 8/17 rom. To make matters worse, the mike still had no sound so I did a clean install and it's much better; no wifi problems at all. As mentioned, the mike button on the wired headset still does not work to toggle phone calls, mute sound, etc. No sound when I record video either. Much better after a full format it's getting there ...Thanks Jerry!

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
No wifi problems on this end. Just connected, and it was a poor signal. No sound on video camera. Works fine otherwise. If I notice anything I will come back and edit this comment.

Just wanted to add that I flashed this over the 8/25 build and so far, so good. Flashed gapps also.

Last edited:

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
No wifi problems on this end. Just connected, and it was a poor signal. No sound on video camera. Works fine otherwise. If I notice anything I will come back and edit this comment.

Just wanted to add that I flashed this over the 8/25 build and so far, so good. Flashed gapps also.

If you have time, would you try rebooting and then once fully started up try to record video with audio? I'm still trying to track down the trigger for the no audio bug. Please let me know if you can record with audio after rebooting, and if the audio capability goes away after that, please try to note what you did before that may have made it stop working.

It appears as if people who have tried the headset mic then have no audio in their video recordings, but I've never used a headset, and I've experienced the bug, so I'm still grasping at straws here.

fototogo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
If you have time, would you try rebooting and then once fully started up try to record video with audio? I'm still trying to track down the trigger for the no audio bug. Please let me know if you can record with audio after rebooting, and if the audio capability goes away after that, please try to note what you did before that may have made it stop working.

It appears as if people who have tried the headset mic then have no audio in their video recordings, but I've never used a headset, and I've experienced the bug, so I'm still grasping at straws here.
Jerry: I hope this helps.... I only tried the video for sound because I read in this thread that it might not exist. I tested it in 8/25 build and it did not have sound. I don't think plugging in the wired headset before or after will make a difference. (I have a great extra earbud with real metal housing style headset that works perfectly on Android 2.2 with a 1 button toggle switch that I love. Great bass response and it just needs the top end boosted for HQ music. The mike might sound a little hollow but it works. It is unopened and I'm willing to mail it to you so you can have hardware to test it yourself. Need your address or po box, etc...) You can pick one up for whatever pice range and quality you want. I love that if I'm using the phone as an mp3 or video player and someone calls I just hit the toggle switch, it pauses the music or video player and connects me to the caller with one click of the switch. I haven't tested the camcorder often, but I'm pretty sure your July 27th build had sound with or without my headset plugged in...Maybe somewhere in the thread or another reader can be more precise here for you....The video for me is not a hi priority but exposure compensation in the settings would be for me if it was and 2.2 has that. Love the contrast and extra controls you added but I haven't tested it. Thanks again!
On another note, I have never experienced any issues with the wi-fi in any of Jerry's builds I have tried. It almost always connects quickly (around 3-7 seconds after putting in my password).

Last edited:

AzraelsKiss

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Flashed newest BACKside, and I still lose audio on video recordings after plugging in headphones, but now there is no double ding when I press the record button. It always sounds the single ding whether it's recording audio or not. Other than plugging in my headphones, I haven't been able to find any other trigger

~Azrael's Kiss~

wd5gnr

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have new build Changelog

08-30-2011:

1. Sync'd up with CM
2. Updated to Blarf's repo: Headset mic fixed and Camera geo tagging fixed
3. Removed Market from build(grab my custom Gapps here, if you want the old market)

Please don't thank me, instead donate to Blarf for all the great work he has done.

Enjoy!
BobZ, I really enjoy your ROM and have been running the last version. I set up A2SD and have an embarrassingly large number of apps on the phone ;-)

However, I tried the upgrade last night. I apparently don't know how to do the upgrade with A2SD in place because it looks like my Dalvik cache stayed internal and then, of course, I had no room and everything was kind of borked.

It was late so rather than experiment, I just rerolled my backup and will get on with my day ;-) What's the best way to upgrade in this case?

Also, I noticed that the Wiki says "Swap is working" but it looks like swap is not enabled (function not implemented with swapon).

Again, thank you for your work!