[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

SecularSanity

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
So I take it no one has any clue why "scanner radio" now takes [and i have timed this] ~2 whole minutes to connect before streaming. Again this wasn't happening prior to the rom. I am alright with this but if it was fixable i'd prefer that. I like the feel of the rom and the look using green machine happy either way.

SecularSanity

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
"GrooveIP disconnects and deregisters when attempting to place a call through it's interface."

When does it disconnect at random? I tried this app anyway because skype was ticking me off not letting me pay for there service. So far made a few calls with no issues. Assuming this issue does arise any way of fixing it in the works... though so far no problems.

EDIT: Update - this only seems to happen when i try to dial a seven digit number [force back to dialer pad] if i dial a local number and include my area code it seems to work every time. So .. sweet...

fstmstngs

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
On github, there was a link to download cyanbread and androidian themes for jerryscripts build. Anyone still have a live link for those? I seem to have overlooked it.

Thanks,

Mike

Devcomm

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to restore data and apps from a backup of one IHO ROM into another? I currently have KANG IHO from 080911 installed and I am looking to install something newer, but I really don't want to go through the trouble of restoring everything, again. Want to make sure it won't cause any issues before I proceed.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to restore data and apps from a backup of one IHO ROM into another? I currently have KANG IHO from 080911 installed and I am looking to install something newer, but I really don't want to go through the trouble of restoring everything, again. Want to make sure it won't cause any issues before I proceed.

As long as you aren't doing it with system apps you'll be fine.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I just quickly scanned the commits and Blarf has not changed anything in framework since July 17th. Since July 17th all he has done is merge with CyanogenMod, so if something is not right with framework, it was cause by them.
What is the issue with the framework?
When did the problem start?

This is the issue I was referring to,
https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/issues/50

After a day or so of uptime, the accelerometer polling interval drops and becomes very sluggish.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
On github, there was a link to download cyanbread and androidian themes for jerryscripts build. Anyone still have a live link for those? I seem to have overlooked it.

Thanks,

Mike

I attached the cyanbread.apk I downloaded from the github when it was available. I pulled the androidian.apk from my phone. I run IHO-PURE

Last edited:
Reactions: notown

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
the only problem i have with all the roms is the delay in switching from landscape to portrait and vice versa. when that is fixed ill still to one of the builds

Devcomm

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
As long as you aren't doing it with system apps you'll be fine.

Thanks for the reply. If I just restore the data to system apps will it be alright? Such as, restoring my user apps from within recovery, and then using Titanium Backup to restore the system app data?

Regardless, just restoring user apps will make things much easier to get back to where I was.

fstmstngs

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Transparent Status Bar???

Ok... I know I'm still a little newbish, but I'm ready to beat my head against the wall! I run JerryScripts latest build. I want a transparent status bar. Ideally, I'd like the stock Gingerbread theme, but with the transparent status bar. I tried UOT Kitchen... No joy. I tried the CM7 Theme Patcher over at XDA... No joy. I even tried to download mrg666's file on Github.... No joy (reboot loop). Why is this so damn hard to accomplish? If I use UOT Kitchen, do I have to specify all the settings (battery icon, header, footer, etc), or just the parts I wish to change (status bar---> mdpi---> enable transparency)? Has anyone out there been able to do this on their OV?

Thanks,

Mike

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm also unable to get multimedia messages from a friend who is on AT&T (Atrix).

If no one's answered you, AT&T's situation might be similar to Sprint's. My girlfriend had T-mobile, then switch to sprint, and because I use google voice, I just have her send them to my gmail. Sprint's pictures come in with this fancy interface and send me to a webpage to download a smaller resolution version of the file, and when I researched the reason why, I found out something along the lines that Sprint doesn't technically have MMS messaging (at least for people outside their network), and that's why I'd always get these specific types of emails. Happened with Boost mobile too, but when I email myself stuff from my VM phone, I get just the picture.

Either way that could be why.

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Transparent when you pull it down? Or transparent when its just sitting there bring a status bar? Cause I've ran into a few themes from cm7 that will make the status bar transparent when it's pulled down, not sure about when it's just sitting there though.

fstmstngs

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Transparent when you pull it down? Or transparent when its just sitting there bring a status bar? Cause I've ran into a few themes from cm7 that will make the status bar transparent when it's pulled down, not sure about when it's just sitting there though.

Ideally, both.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
My 3G battery drain is really bad. Are there any builds newer than 0831?

I know the Android kernel server has been down for a few days so I can't sync the repo.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

MarkD426

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Just turn 3G off when your not using it. Mine really doesn't drain bad, I use ATK (task killer) which helps a lot by shutting down the apps that use a constant 3G connection when not in use.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Transparent Status Bar???

Ok... I know I'm still a little newbish, but I'm ready to beat my head against the wall! I run JerryScripts latest build. I want a transparent status bar. Ideally, I'd like the stock Gingerbread theme, but with the transparent status bar. I tried UOT Kitchen... No joy. I tried the CM7 Theme Patcher over at XDA... No joy. I even tried to download mrg666's file on Github.... No joy (reboot loop). Why is this so damn hard to accomplish? If I use UOT Kitchen, do I have to specify all the settings (battery icon, header, footer, etc), or just the parts I wish to change (status bar---> mdpi---> enable transparency)? Has anyone out there been able to do this on their OV?

Thanks,

Mike

find the thread about the MIUI IHO rom. look for the transparency patch .zip

download it, flash it over your CURRENT rom from recovery. if your running any IHO build, it will work.

now when you boot into the rom again, download EITHER "ADW Launcher" or "MultiPicture Live Wallpaper"

ADW has a setting buried in the launchers options that says "disable wallpaper hack" with a checkbox. uncheck this and your transparent status bar will immediately appear. im talking about the actual status bar that sits up at the top of the screen 24/7

if you dont want that, download MultiPicture Live Wallpaper, it also allows the transparency to work when its active. configure it as you like.

other than these two methods, there is no way to get the status bar transparent. not in this rom anyways.

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Ideally, both.

If you are running JerryScript's build then I assume you are still using the launcher that came with it, ADW. If you didn't change the launcher and you still have ADW, then all you need to do is disable the wallpaper hack. It should be found under system preferences in your ADWLauncher settings. If not, just poke around in ADW's settings till you find it. Then you can go to UOT Kitchen and make a theme with a transparent status bar. As far as I know, you can just make a transparent status bar without having to mod everything else (battery, etc.).

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Transparent Status Bar???

find the thread about the MIUI IHO rom. look for the transparency patch .zip

download it, flash it over your CURRENT rom from recovery. if your running any IHO build, it will work.

now when you boot into the rom again, download EITHER "ADW Launcher" or "MultiPicture Live Wallpaper"

ADW has a setting buried in the launchers options that says "disable wallpaper hack" with a checkbox. uncheck this and your transparent status bar will immediately appear. im talking about the actual status bar that sits up at the top of the screen 24/7

if you dont want that, download MultiPicture Live Wallpaper, it also allows the transparency to work when its active. configure it as you like.

other than these two methods, there is no way to get the status bar transparent. not in this rom anyways.

If he disables the wallpaper hack then all he needs to do is go to the kitchen and make a theme with a transparent bar. Then he won't need the live wallpaper.