[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It's a known AT&T/Sprint problem.
Nothing we can do about it.

Harmonia 1.3 got an improved mms/sms system that fixed some compatibility problems, but they still exist.

So even with stock rom, incoming MMS from AT&T/Sprint doesn't work? (some or all of the time?)

How about outgoing MMS to AT&T/Sprint?

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks sir, that is what I was looking for. Never would have looked there....even if it seems like a good place to have there for other purposes, why couldn't the same option be added to the display option menu where you set minutes?

Kudos

Probably because it would be the logical place to look. I stumbled acrossed it a while back... I use this option to ensure my alarm isn't forgotten.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
A full charge from completely dead battery to full 100% on USB power takes about four hours for me. Trying to charge the phone using my car charger almost doesn't charge the battery at all.

Is there any way to improve this?

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
A full charge from completely dead battery to full 100% on USB power takes about four hours for me. Trying to charge the phone using my car charger almost doesn't charge the battery at all.

Later IHO builds (past mid-aug I think) have modified charging parameters, so when detecting AC charge, it's about 2 hrs now, faster than 3 hrs default, and USB should be a little slower, maybe 3 hrs. I remember on stock, my USB would not charge enough if the phone was being used, but blarf fixed it.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So even with stock rom, incoming MMS from AT&T/Sprint doesn't work? (some or all of the time?)

How about outgoing MMS to AT&T/Sprint?
Correct.
There was a known addressing problem with the old one (in fact all 2.1 phones have the issue to some extent, not just the OV, we just had it worse due to the Sprint/AT&T issue).

I ripped the email and MMS system from the 2.2.2 OV phone and added it to 1.3. They would send to the wrong person and not receive properly, this was one of the biggest updates from Android/OV 2.1 to 2.2. I did some testing before I added it, and it was certainly getting messages from places it wasn't before, so much so, that a few days old message came in when I first installed it.

So yes, the stock rom and every other Froyo rom has the old buggy MMS (unless you have a stock, newer OV). I did put a patch out to update other Froyo roms so you can patch them.

Do NOT try and put these on GB.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Later IHO builds (past mid-aug I think) have modified charging parameters, so when detecting AC charge, it's about 2 hrs now, faster than 3 hrs default, and USB should be a little slower, maybe 3 hrs. I remember on stock, my USB would not charge enough if the phone was being used, but blarf fixed it.

This within the rom or recovery?

draetheus

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh and the clock being in the middle, is a bit weird. When i receive texts, i cant read them because the clock and message content are overlapping each other in my notification bar.

Same is happening for me. Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon otherwise I'll be rolling back to a previous release.

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

To me it sounds like your car charger is rated at a lower amperage than what your PC can put out. My PC has some USB3 ports that are actually powerful enough to charge an iPad which most PC USB ports won't. The typical USB2 port has .5-9a draw depending on whether data is being transferred. If you have a computer able to put out 1A or more and a car charger that puts out .5A, then you can see what is going on. Check the rating on your car charger.

For the car, I like the $4 Motorola charger which is rated at .95a.

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Having a problem installing applications. I installed this ROM day before yesterday and installed some basic apps two days ago. Yesterday I went into the Market and started downloading various other applications. Things were going well last night when I quit for the night with about 20 applications queued to download and I assumed they would all be downloaded by this morning.

When I checked the phone this morning there were no notifications? Nothing more had installed all night. Sure enough, none of the last 20 applications were installed. When I check the market, it says "downloading", but nothing is downloading. I told it to install a new app and it installed fine, but the other ones were still in Limbo.

Then I went over to the Appstore to begin downloading various apps from there. The first few went fine, but later ones simply say "install failed" after it downloaded and attempted to install.

When I tried to add a widgit to GO Launcher, it said not enough memory??

Per Disk Usage I have 100MB of free application storage space.

I noticed something about this ROM vs. the stock ROM. With the stock ROM I only had about 8 applications that APP2SD said couldn't be moved to SD. There are now FORTY applications that is says can't be moved to SD??

With the old ROM I had more applications installed before now, but was always hovering around 20mb free. Doesn't do any good to have 100MB free if it thinks it is full and won't install more applications and insists on putting them in system memory vs. SD?

Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Suggestions?

Thanks

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I am being lazy today but i can point u in the right direction. People have had this problem and there are threads about it on this forum but ur going to have to dig for them. I haven't had this issue and can't offer more than that.

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
At one point or another I have read about 10-15 pages of this topic, but I am hoping I don't need to read all 180 pages to find a solution. Frankly, if this is a known bug with this ROM I don't know if I would have installed it.

Is this true of all of the replacement ROMs, or just this one?

I wouldn't expect anyone else to go through the 180 pages for me, but thought if it was a known problem, there was either a known solution someone would know, or would tell me there isn't a known solution and if there is a better alternative for a ROM?

Thanks

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Here's a flashable zip file to fix the center clock overlay issue. Notifications will not overlay on top of the clock after you flash this in recovery. Be sure to wipe cache/dalvik first, backups always recommended or course. ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?8d15h00tvb3ve10

The market issues are not a ROM issue, it's a market app issue that is affecting a lot of phones. Try googling it, you'll see that the newer market updates have caused a lot of issues.

Last edited:

Vishwar

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The market issues are not a ROM issue, it's a market app issue that is affecting a lot of phones. Try googling it, you'll see that the newer market updates have caused a lot of issues.

Does this have anything to do with me not being able to sync my Google account on your last two releases, Jerry?

There's no options for it under "Accounts & Sync", and if I go to the Market to try and force it, it says "Must link Google account, blah blah..", so I hit the button to do it and it drops like I home'd out of it.

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
At one point or another I have read about 10-15 pages of this topic, but I am hoping I don't need to read all 180 pages to find a solution. Frankly, if this is a known bug with this ROM I don't know if I would have installed it.

Is this true of all of the replacement ROMs, or just this one?

I wouldn't expect anyone else to go through the 180 pages for me, but thought if it was a known problem, there was either a known solution someone would know, or would tell me there isn't a known solution and if there is a better alternative for a ROM?

Thanks

If the space is what worries you then look into DarkTremor Apps2SD...

You create a partition on your SD card and the program moves the actual files to an ext partition on the SD card and uses symlinks (the linux equivalent to a shortcut) to make the system believe the files are on the phone... The program also can move the dalvik cache which is one of the largest things on the internal memory.

However, you do not need the program if you are familiar with Linux commands. I could easily talk you through it.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Does this have anything to do with me not being able to sync my Google account on your last two releases, Jerry?

There's no options for it under "Accounts & Sync", and if I go to the Market to try and force it, it says "Must link Google account, blah blah..", so I hit the button to do it and it drops like I home'd out of it.

For that type of issue, you need to go into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache, then reflash gapps.

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Did u use anything to restore old apps from before u flashed the ROM?

Hello,

Although I made a Titanium backup before the move, no, I did not do a single application restore using any method.

I did all fresh installs from Market and Appstore.

The problem has gotten worse...

In some cases it says insufficient space which is the most common error. I did however get another error:

Error: Package file is invalid

Those are both errors installing Market apps through the phone...they were already marked as "bought" at the site..were waiting to be downloaded and installed.

Amazon Appstore has it's own flavor of the glitch:

"Application not installed"

The Appstore shows the app available in "My Apps", I download, that works fine, I accept the license, etc., and then it says installing, and when done, says the above.

There are applications I need to get installed on the phone, not just another version of Angry Birds :)

Thanks

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Here's a flashable zip file to fix the center clock overlay issue. Notifications will not overlay on top of the clock after you flash this in recovery. Be sure to wipe cache/dalvik first, backups always recommended or course. ;)

fix_clock_overlay-signed.zip

Received an "installation aborted" when I attempted to flash this... Any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty