[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

TyMiles2012

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Do you own the phone?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

The LG Vortex? Sure do! I can be a tester if you would like.

The Scott Pilgrim rom for the Optimus S works on the Vortex except there is no signal at all. It was being worked on but then it just suddenly halted with no reason given, then I found this rom, and the first post says that the other Optimus phones, even the Vortex, will follow through as well, but I didn't see any recent posts related to the Vortex so I thought I'd bring it up.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
@Bob: re recovery:
testing now! thanks.

edit:
Nice work!
I flashed the recovery, made a backup, wiped dalvik-cache, boot, cache, data, and system, installed harmonia from zip, used it to read the forum, rebooted into recovery, and successfully restored my backup.
Works fine on my new-screen OV.
I didn't try it on the old one, mostly because it now has a different partition map (optimus s has a different size for /system and possibly other partitions I don't remember) and the recovery probably wouldn't write the backup correctly on it. Maybe, anyway, and I didn't want my funky firmware to bork the recovery test.

would you mind if I posted your recovery in the blackscreen thread, or do you consider it too experimental? It'd be nice to have something a little cleaner than the patched version I put up already, but I'd like your permission first.

Reactions: mrg666

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
New build is up:

BACKside-IHO-VM670-10172011.zip
md5 checksum 75d7d2d0dae6affa714e8767bfc2edef

GreenMachineTheme-10172011.zip

Changes:

- Headset button fixed, big thanks to rcmarotz
- Notification icon overlay covering center clock fixed (system icons are still buggy, I'm close on it though)
- Camera tap to focus function added
- Commits from CM include improved aid selection, telephoney added fastdormancy support

Many thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, Whyzor, and of course the CM and AOSP crews! ;)

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

would you mind if I posted your recovery in the blackscreen thread, or do you consider it too experimental? It'd be nice to have something a little cleaner than the patched version I put up already, but I'd like your permission first.

Not a problem...go for it.
Thanks for asking!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigsupersquid

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Could you upload to the Wiki as well with a note like we have for the OV ROMs?

pjc123

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Could someone tell me what is the most stable variant and version of CM7.1 that works with GrooveIP. I am brand new to rooting, and at least for the time being anyway, don't care about the latest and greatest new features, just stability. Today I picked up a new Optimus V from Target ($99 by the way) and I am sure it isn't going to be long before I want to change the firmware. The only app I really care about working is GrooveIP, because I want to minimize the usage of my plan minutes. Secondary would be speed and battery life, and least important maybe tethering would be nice. I see that Backside has some problems with the GrooveIP app, according to the developers web site, so that firmware is definitely out for now.

Last edited:

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the BACKside ROM and I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with setting the custom lockscreen image? When I would try to set it I the proportion s would be off and the picture would get stretched.

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I think I phrased that badly, the tool that you use to select an area of the photo to use is square when it's supposed to be rectangular.
I tried to use an image with your suggested resolution but that didn't help at all.

Last edited:

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Heya Jerry, just installed your latest and everything works fine other than Google Music. I was getting a FC every time I tried to open it. Had to delete Music and reinstall to get it to work, which unfortunately deleted all 14GB of synced music. Not complaining :p, just giving you a heads up so maybe this can be prevented in your next build.

As always, thanks for keeping us up to date!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Heya Jerry, just installed your latest and everything works fine other than Google Music. I was getting a FC every time I tried to open it. Had to delete Music and reinstall to get it to work, which unfortunately deleted all 14GB of synced music. Not complaining :p, just giving you a heads up so maybe this can be prevented in your next build.

As always, thanks for keeping us up to date!

Yeah, I can confirm that, not sure what's up yet. It should probably be installed via gapps, but I've never added an app to that, so I'm not sure if there are any requirements. I'll look into it.

Reactions: Spiral_ouT#AC

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I think I phrased that badly, the tool that you use to select an area of the photo to use is square when it's supposed to be rectangular.
I tried to use an image with your suggested resolution but that didn't help at all.

I just tried it, and the selection box was a rectangle. Not sure, but maybe the dimensions have something to do with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer