[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Albert Ma

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
is anybody else having troubles with the /sd-ext not automounting?
running mirage 10/29 (slightly hacked)
the /sd-ext is ext4
it mounts fine from the command line. I'm not sure /system/etc/init.d/05mountsd is being run as I can't find the log messages in the logcat.

this is in my dmesg
<3>[ 9.814918] EXT3-fs: mmcblk0p2: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (40).
<3>[ 101.143309] EXT3-fs: mmcblk0p2: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (40).
<4>[ 101.144331] EXT2-fs: mmcblk0p2: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (40).
<6>[ 101.152849] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem without journal

the last 3 are the result of mounting from the command line. btw, why is the journal disabled?

it may very well be my hacking, or something weird with my partition.

turns out the problem is that the mount script (in the ROM itself) hardcodes ext3 as the fs type. Changing it to ext4 or removing the fstype fixes the problem. Also those that run tools that rewrite the script will not see the problem.

RaeFlynne

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The MMS problem is only happening to a small group for some reason and with me not being in that group, it makes it very hard to fix. I've asked when(what build) the problem started and I have gotten a few different answers, which makes it even tougher to track down. It would be a great help if someone that has the MMS problem could go through my builds to see when it was working and when it stopped.
Here are some of the dates I have heard:
Build 9/26 CM7.1RC1-VM670-BobZ-NH-092611.zip
Build 9/29 CM7.1.0-VM670-BobZ-NH-092911.zip
Build 10/10 CM7.1.0-VM670-BobZ-NH-101011.zip
Build 10/13 CM7.1.0.1-VM670-BobZhome-101311.zip
Start with 9/26, if it works move on and if it doesn't let me know and I'll post earlier dates.
This test shouldn't take much time to do:
1) backup current rom
2) wipe/format everything EXCEPT sdcard
3) only flash build(gapps and/or themes maybe cause the issue)
4) boot and test mms(do not install any apps, use default CM7 messaging app(an app you maybe installing could be causing the issue))
5) reboot and go back to #2)
6) when you find the good and broken versions...restore backup from # 1)
7) post working and broken build dates!
Thanks for the help!

I noticed that I had to be OFF Wi-Fi to download my MMS. `-`a

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I tried all of the past builds by bob, and I still can't receive mms, I'm going to chalk it down as a phone problem. Or a virgin mobile problem.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that was fast! Can I just move it there using rootexplorer? Also, how do I set the permissions to be rwxr-xr-x? Ha, I feel like I just got my phone again, this stuff is certainly NOT like learning to ride a bike :p

Sorry, missed this post at the bottom of the page.

Yes, you can use rootexplorer (be sure to set to R/W) to move flash_image, then once it's in place, long-press it and select permissions. (note- while writing this, I checked my permissions, different than I posted, so here are my current permissions) The first and third collumns should all be checked, the second should just have the top box checked.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried all of the past builds by bob, and I still can't receive mms, I'm going to chalk it down as a phone problem. Or a virgin mobile problem.

Two people have stated that the 9/25 works for them... does it not work for you?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Two people have stated that the 9/25 works for them... does it not work for you?

No. I tried that one for an hour straight, trying with wifi on and off, sending from my wife's phone, trying to send to my self. The 3g emblem comes up for only a second, then if goes off

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay so people have been showing (and complaining) about battery life, so ill show mine.

.. Need i say more...

And i saw someone got PvZ to work on this phone... how in the world?

Oh and Jerry, you mentioned about a PRL swap if you signal is pretty bad. Well mine is horrible and my data has been the slowest ever for like 2 months now... i considered the swap, but idk.

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Okay so people have been showing (and complaining) about battery life, so ill show mine.

.. Need i say more...

Oh and Jerry, you mentioned about a PRL swap if you signal is pretty bad. Well mine is horrible and my data has been the slowest ever for like 2 months now... i considered the swap, but idk.

good to know im not the only one getting three hours of battery life

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I just put my phone in airplane mode and use wifi to communicate, I get a good sixteen, seventeen hours this way

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah sorry, those of us who are talking about battery life, should move to the appropriate thread.

nightbreed813

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

PvZ only seems to work if you don't have that many apps installed. The first time I installed it I had a problem with some of the graphics not loading, but after a wipe and re-install it worked perfectly. I think it has something to do with the available ram, but it doesn't make sense that it has graphic errors and doesn't just crash all together.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty