[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
For those who haven't noticed: New build of BACKside-IHO is up:

BACKside-IHO-VM670-02062012.zip
md5sum

GreenMachineTheme-02062012.zip

Note- I released this yesterday, delayed the announcement to see how many people would benefit from push notifications in the BacksideUpdater.

Checked my BacksideUpdater today, downloaded that puppy right away. Did the usual clear stuff and flash, worked like a charm. I was a bit low on space afterwards, but moving a few things to the sd card took care of that.

Still can't get the status bar to change colors. Tried ROM, Theme, Color, transparent, all came out the same. Any suggestions?
Thanks

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Checked my BacksideUpdater today, downloaded that puppy right away. Did the usual clear stuff and flash, worked like a charm. I was a bit low on space afterwards, but moving a few things to the sd card took care of that.

Still can't get the status bar to change colors. Tried ROM, Theme, Color, transparent, all came out the same. Any suggestions?
Thanks

After chaning your status bar color, you have to reboot for the changes to take effect, or use Notification Restart from the Market to restart it while booted. ;)

Reactions: cmerlyn

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed the latest backside. I did have an issue with my installed apps not all showing in my apps in the market, this version seems to have fixed that :)

Reactions: JerryScript

stegmut

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Question: anyone else's link2sd break when updating to the Feb 6 backside ROM?

Symptoms: After flashing the 2/6 ROM I get a low space warning. It looks like the SD-installed apps are showing up in the phone's memory. When I try to link the apps in link2sd I get an 'out of memory' error.

Before installing the 2/6 ROM, I'd moved everything that was sensible to the SD card, which freed up over half my RAM. I've flashed several earlier ROMs from December and January with no issues so it looks like something in the Feb ROM is breaking link2sd.

I'm going to reflash an earlier version of the ROM until things get sorted out.

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Question: anyone else's link2sd break when updating to the Feb 6 backside ROM?

Symptoms: After flashing the 2/6 ROM I get a low space warning. It looks like the SD-installed apps are showing up in the phone's memory. When I try to link the apps in link2sd I get an 'out of memory' error.

Before installing the 2/6 ROM, I'd moved everything that was sensible to the SD card, which freed up over half my RAM. I've flashed several earlier ROMs from December and January with no issues so it looks like something in the Feb ROM is breaking link2sd.

I'm going to reflash an earlier version of the ROM until things get sorted out.

recreate the mount then relink the libirary files and dalvik cache from link2sd and reboot

SagaciousB

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
We are working on fixing the offline charging mode when charged and your phone crashes. Unfortunately, it invloves writing a new driver for the kernel, so please be patient while we work on fixing it. ;)

@JerryScript - Thanks! I'm glad you guys are aware

Do you overlock? if so try dialing it back a little. Ive been running IHO for a while now and not had any random reboots.

@kraven I did try undoing the default overclock, but it doesn't seem that it has resolved the rebooting. My phone will just be siting on the charger next to me, idle, probably asleep and all of a sudden I see the boot screen. I wonder if maybe it is bad internal flash or sd card. As much as I hate starting from scratch and re-installing all of my apps, it may be time.

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
@JerryScript - Thanks! I'm glad you guys are aware

@kraven I did try undoing the default overclock, but it doesn't seem that it has resolved the rebooting. My phone will just be siting on the charger next to me, idle, probably asleep and all of a sudden I see the boot screen. I wonder if maybe it is bad internal flash or sd card. As much as I hate starting from scratch and re-installing all of my apps, it may be time.

If you have another sd card it might be worth trying another flash before doing a full wipe, also have you noticed any apps acting badly, maybe removing those might help

stevenjbphone

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Lost 30 Megs of ram with 2/6 flash

Did the following:

What happened ? Me don't know !

NEW METHOD (post 0112012 build)

1) Open the BacksideUpdater in the app drawer or under Settings>>CM settings>>System>>Check for ROM udates

2) Press the Check now button

3) If a new version is available, press the Download now button

4) Once the download is complete (be sure!), press the Reboot into Recovery Now button

5) Wipe cache, and under advanced, wipe dalvik cache

6) Flash the ROM zip file

7) Reboot

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Lost 30 Megs of ram with 2/6 flash

Did the following:

What happened ? Me don't know !

NEW METHOD (post 0112012 build)

1) Open the BacksideUpdater in the app drawer or under Settings>>CM settings>>System>>Check for ROM udates

2) Press the Check now button

3) If a new version is available, press the Download now button

4) Once the download is complete (be sure!), press the Reboot into Recovery Now button

5) Wipe cache, and under advanced, wipe dalvik cache

6) Flash the ROM zip file

7) Reboot

It has to do with the market cache file Jerry removed. Try a full wipe.

Search for Debug-FormatALL.zip. I can't find it atm, ill upload it tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Seem to have an issue with the latest IHO backside build. Works fines for a while, but after time the home screen shows, but i cannot select anything. The lock screen is there as i can slide to anser calls but the screen always show the main screen. have to pull the battery to reboot

technobear

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I havent read through all of the thread. But am i the only one that cant power cycle the phone while its attached to USB? not a big deal i just find it odd.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I havent read through all of the thread. But am i the only one that cant power cycle the phone while its attached to USB? not a big deal i just find it odd.

What do you mean Power Cycle?

Edit: Re-read it, hold the power button while your booting till you get to a animation, such as BACKside IHO, Android, or just hold till bootanimation. Or unplug from.charging.

Reactions: technobear

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Seem to have an issue with the latest IHO backside build. Works fines for a while, but after time the home screen shows, but i cannot select anything. The lock screen is there as i can slide to anser calls but the screen always show the main screen. have to pull the battery to reboot

Maybe bad flash? Try a complete wipe.

colonelcack

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
With the new build I went from having 38MB free on my internal storage to less than 1? I went back to my backup of the old build and now it's fine, back ...any reason why this happened?

Oh and for some reason even with the old build when I hit settings, manage applications, and look at space free it says 38MB but when I go to settings>storage space>it only shows 18MB...why?

Last edited:

technobear

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
one more question. when i did the first boot i saw that there was an option to hold down the back key to force quit apps..... i said no..

now i cant find where to change that setting. any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty