[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
^^
Thanks a lot mrg666.

This time I'm afraid I didn't understand any of the listed changes :rolleyes:

I don't know what toast strings or Kineto are; and I have lockscreen disabled and only use security lock - I assume that still works. But I'll figure it out after I've flashed it.

You do phenomenal work, your ROM is solid as a rock. Thanks again to you and all the other IHO devs.

Same here, but thanks for the build :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrg666

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
^^
Thanks a lot mrg666.

This time I'm afraid I didn't understand any of the listed changes :rolleyes:

I don't know what toast strings or Kineto are; and I have lockscreen disabled and only use security lock - I assume that still works. But I'll figure it out after I've flashed it.

You do phenomenal work, your ROM is solid as a rock. Thanks again to you and all the other IHO devs.

Toasts are those little word balloon popups. Like when you download an image, it pops up with "Starting download."

Reactions: Dannemand

Tejer

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but on all ROMS I have used so far, under SMS settings, I can't get any of my texts that I receive to read 'received', they only read 'sent' just like my outgoing SMS. I realize there is a setting for this, but either way if the box is checked or not it does not make any difference. Anyone have any similar experience?

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Wanted to drop in and introduce myself and say hi and thanks to all the developers for their work on the optimus v. been following the work for a long time and enjoy the roms very much. ive tried about all that is listed here with exception of stock ov rom. didnt add it because wasnt sure the black screen issue had been updated in it or not. but either way im enjoying the optimus v a lot. again,thank you to all here who make the ov fun. :)

Reactions: JerryScript

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm having troubles with the Android keyboard locking up. intermittently. about 4 or 5 times a day, when opening the messaging app or any thing that pops up the text input screen and keyboard, phone locks up, but still able to shut down with power button??? 3/13 release on Fresh install, i always wipe my casshe ;) gonna try Swype to see if that helps but wondering if anyone else is having freezing issues...

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

TekOne

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Is anything we can reduce battery life used. I'm using new "a brand New" battery from LG and it only last for 16hr for daily text, call and web browser. My old battery that i have one yr old batter used with aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 and it last for 24hr for full charge.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Is anything we can reduce battery life used. I'm using new "a brand New" battery from LG and it only last for 16hr for daily text, call and web browser. My old battery that i have one yr old batter used with aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 and it last for 24hr for full charge.

Try one of these:
Anker 1600mah
Anker Battery for LG Optimus V,S,T,M,U,C Phoenix Thrive | eBay

I use the 1700 version in my Evo and it's a BIG difference. Yes, it's only 100mah more, but it's a very high quality battery that holds every bit they claim it does. The 1700 added probably 30-40% to the Evo compared to a really good, stock 1500mah battery.

Also, check what apps you have running, it's not just social networking that can kill you.
Go into settings and see what is running in the background on startup, you might be surprised how much stuff is actually running all the time. Anything running that has no need to, you can bet is running so it can call home. Astro File Manager is one such app. It has no need to be running on startup, yet it does. Trade out these apps for ones that behave properly. In the case of Astro, I changed it with ESfile manager. I got rid of Super File Manager for similar reasons.

Get rid of as much stuff running in back as possible, I don;t care what so-called experts tell you about them not being a drag on resources> If it's running in the background it's doing something, maybe not all the time, but it is doings something. It wouldn't be running if it wasn't, would it?

Reactions: On3wheels

Krobar

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Can't do a search in taptalk so sorry if this is known, but I don't record any sound when I take video. It was working a while ago. Can't remember what build, but I try to keep up to date and don't record much video so it could have been months ago.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Can't do a search in taptalk so sorry if this is known, but I don't record any sound when I take video. It was working a while ago. Can't remember what build, but I try to keep up to date and don't record much video so it could have been months ago.

You gotta toggle the camera shutter sound. Change it to the opposite of what you presently have it at.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but on all ROMS I have used so far, under SMS settings, I can't get any of my texts that I receive to read 'received', they only read 'sent' just like my outgoing SMS. I realize there is a setting for this, but either way if the box is checked or not it does not make any difference. Anyone have any similar experience?

They are showing you the time the message was sent, not the time you received it. ;)

Read receipts I believe are dependant upon the recipient allowing a read receipt to be sent, just like in email.

Krobar

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
That didn't seem to work. When I toggle the shutter option it wont stay checked, after I back out of the menu and go back its cleared the check box.

Edit: Restored a backup of mirage 2.10.12 and I get sound when recording video again.

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
That didn't seem to work. When I toggle the shutter option it wont stay checked, after I back out of the menu and go back its cleared the check box.

Edit: Restored a backup of mirage 2.10.12 and I get sound when recording video again.

Video recording with sound is working on latest MiRaGe build (03172012).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38